Live from the Royal: June 26th, 2015--British Isles-- Move-over Offer Part 2

TracieABD

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wondered why your posts stopped at LeHavre, and I had hoped there wasn't a problem of some sort. I could tell how close you were to your mother from your blog. May your memories comfort you.

Oh Tracie,

SO sorry to read of your loss.

It's wonderful that you had such a special relationship and that you got to spend so much time together.

I hope that happy memories will ease your pain in the tough months ahead.

Dear Tracie

Please accept my sincere sympathy for you and your family for the loss of your Mom.

It is so good that you are left with the wonderful memories of all the times you shared with her.

I had been reading your posts because my hubby and I have been talking about the British Isles cruise for some time.

He had some serious health issues that prevented us from extensive travel for a five year period.

Thankfully,he is better now and good to go.

We just booked the cruise today with a land tour in Ireland before the cruise in June , 2016.

Of course,we did have some second thoughts regarding this trip because we will have to stretch our budget a bit.

Then, I read your post from Le Harve and after.

It only confirmed in my mind that my DH and I made the right decision.

I read your posts to my DH and he readily agreed.

As his 85 year old aunt constantly reminds us,now is the time to make memories.

I hope that your memories sustain you in your days and that you continue to travel with a peaceful heart ,knowing that your Mom would approve every step of your adventures.

Tracie,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know your wonderful "live from" entries will provide you with much joy in the months and years to come. I am so happy that you and your brother have this great memory of your cruise together.

God Bless You,

Tracie,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. It is never easy to lose a loved one. Your love and joy in being with your Mom came through loud and clear in your posts. Treasure those times together, and let them help comfort you in the days ahead.

With thoughts and prayers,

Sue

Tracie,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your mom.

I have been enjoying your cruise threads, and the lovely relationship between you and your mother is so apparent in each of the posts.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Always remember the joy you gave to your mom on all your cruises! Those memories will help you through the difficult days ahead.

Dear Tracie,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Tomorrow I leave my husband at home and head off to a Mediterranean cruise with my mother. I know I will look at it differently and treasure it more because of you and your mother. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful adventures you two had together.

Stacy

Edited by Traveller94

Oh Tracie .... I saw your Facebook post. Oh I am so so so sorry for your loss. Your mother was a lovely lady. I am so glad I got to meet her and you and travel a bit with you both.

A loss of a mother is hard and I hope that all the love you are getting from people who have been inspired by your journeys gives you some comfort.

Hugs from Bernie and I

Vickie

Hi Friends-

Thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts, emails, and support.

Though I have never met many of you, in some way, CC is a bit like family.

I appreciate all of your wisdom.

Tracie-Lynn

Tracie,

I have been following your "live from" but was away for a few days. I came back on line tonight and was saddened to see your entry. I can't help but think what a beautiful memory you will have And the great joy you gave your mother on this last journey.

I pray for you that time will heal your heavy heart and that your mother is at peace with her Maker.

Kathleen

Tracie,

I also am very sorry to hear the sad news about your mother. As others have said, how wonderful that you were able to spend so much happy time with her. Again we are reminded to enjoy to the fullest all the precious time we have with those we love.

Dear Tracie,

Like most of the others we do not know each except through your larger than life "Live from". Such a wonderful family you have and such a wonderful time you spent with them surrounding your mother. I only wish for such a loving passing when my 91 year old father crosses over. Your writing wove the threads of love and laughter that we were all able to experience and enjoy.

May your heart be at peace and know the light of the love not taken away but rather left as a reminder of the life led.

Sail away,

Again, thank you so much for all of the kindness.

I do want to give Princess props for giving me a huge gift.

My mom and I went to South America in 2013. We decided to have our picture taken at the Platinum Studio. While it was free for the sitting, the photos were a bit spendy. We selected one that really represented our relationship. My mom had the picture and I had forgotten about it.

I found the picture a few days ago. It is a lovely photo and will be one of my most dear treasures for the rest of my life.

I am so grateful that we had that moment and that it was immortalized.

Everytime I look at the picture, it will be a tangible reminder of all of our wonderful adventures.

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you as your mourn the loss of your mom. What a special opportunity to have been blessed with 2 cruises together this year to create lasting memories! I loved how you read her the blogs from your cruises. Thank you for sharing your witty posts with us, and I hope you and Bradley can enjoy many cruises together!

Tracie, so sorry to hear about your Mom but how great to have had that last cruise together and she got to experience that aft suite. I just read the entire thread and it really is very poignant and just really related to your relationship with your mother.

My Mom is 90 and has all those mobility issues and all the devices you mentioned. We've cruised together about 25 times at least ever since my Dad passed away in 1999.

Over the last year she had a terrible thing happen to her and found her son stole a lot of money from her accounts. I helped her get an attorney and we took him to court and to sum it up, she received a judgment for > 1 million $$$ for elder abuse/undue influence and of course theft. She has been a trooper thru the whole thing, giving depositions etc.

We decided to another cruise for the holidays and, as a surprise, I booked one of the PH suites on the Emerald. I just want her to experience all the perks that the suite provides and that great breakfast in Sabitini's. I'm hoping she makes it to December to do the cruise. Lucky we do not have to fly and now live about 1 hr from Port Everglades. I've also always wanted to get the Platinum studio pics done but could never justify the cost. After reading your post, I can now see how priceless those pictures really can be.

If we do get to do this cruise, I'm going to get those pics done and will remember you and your Mom for reminding us of what's really important.

Thanks for your posts. Again my sincere condolences.

Marcia