Horrible Celebrity Website

Craxe77

Looking forward to my first cruise but the celebrity website is really ruining the experience. Continuous problems with the online check-in, unable to log in at times. Tried to make reservations for dinner and it took me two days.

Calling customer service helped the first time, but the next time i called for an issue they were closed and referred me to their award winning website. I've tried using firefox and IE explorer.

Much frustration here.

While I would have my frustrations with the Celebrity website in the past, the new format has me tearing my hair out!

Cannot find a way to email a favored itinerary to friends once I finally get to view my selection after clicking on seemingly endless links! Excursion descriptions are less detailed than previously. "Specials" glide by so quickly it takes several run-throughs before I am fast enough to view the one I'm interested in.

One thing that hasn't changed is the "lock-out" feature that occurs once you are in your reservation, leave it, and then wish to return. GRRR.....

Edited by TMLAalum

Hi all,

We want you to know that we are working on upgrading our site. We recently hired a new VP of Digital Marketing, who is working on building a best-in-class digital experience. We'll keep you posted, but expect some changes. We have heard you.

Hi all,

We want you to know that we are working on upgrading our site. We recently hired a new VP of Digital Marketing, who is working on building a best-in-class digital experience. We'll keep you posted, but expect some changes. We have heard you.

Good to hear.

Hope springs eternal:D

Hi all,

It is nice to know that Celebrity is aware of the shortfall. I try to only use it for gathering information, and always call to book a cruise.

Hi all,

Thanks for this info. What would be nice is if the new VP would actually take input from the posters here. Not a question & answer session like the complete fail that someone in IT tried a couple years ago, but maybe a thread asking something like "What do you view as the major website issues? "

Nothing like involving people that actually use a product.

Hope it works this time...and hope digital marketing encompasses customer service issues like the My Celebity part of website...excursions ( browsing, booking, tracking), dining res pre-cruise, customer contact, etc

Thanks for the update, CelebrityCruises! :)

I have no clue what "digital marketing" encompasses. But, as others have said, I hope that it includes all aspects of the customer on-line experience. After all, it's hard to market (digitally or otherwise) to folks who get frustrated with your website, and just decide to move on! :eek:

I have to say I find the Celebrity UK site pretty good on both PC and tablet, my only comment is that it doesn't seem to show the discounts for CC members and even if the 123GO is being applied clearly.

However, the King of Clunky is the Holland America site, very frustrating on the iPad and worst of all it doesn't give you the costs until you have entered the full passenger details, very frustrating.

Hi all,

Yes, the new high intensive graphic based websites are great for pintrest and such, but horrible for a customer that wants to navigate a web site for a product they are familiar with. Excursions take MUCH longer to find and book than previously. Please do NOT remove the ability to download the excursions in pdf for the whole cruise - I have been doing that for years and it is great. One file, all ports. Since it is pdf I can look at it whenever I want on any device.

As another poster said, the new website makes it very hard to share itineraries with others. I used to cut/paste the graphic map and then the listing of days, ports, and times and put in an email easily. The new site has so much HTML and other code it is impossible just to get a text listing of your cruise. I understand that you're using newer software to try to keep things current, but a simpler more text focused approach is preferred by many. Oh, and don't think I'm not tech savvy, I have worked in IT for 30 years. I just don't like having to troubleshoot my own vacation experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the problems with the web site are not on the marketing end...they are on the operational end. We've seen lots of change in the marketing pages and Celebrity's presence on Facebook, etc.....but we still haven't seen a web site that you can reliably sign in to...or that has accurate information. Examples: aqua class perk description still doesn't say "all concierge perks PLUS"; drink package prices are showing the price with 18% included and then say that 18% gratuity will be added to the above price (double gratuities).

Hopefully this new VP, although in marketing, will focus on getting the entire web site showing correct information.....and assuring that someone proofreads everything that's posted BEFORE it's made live.

Hopefully, we'll quickly see the incorrect information fixed, site reliability improved and not just more pretty pictures with green grass borders and marketing stuff.

I'm cautiously optimistic....

Looking forward to my first cruise but the celebrity website is really ruining the experience. Continuous problems with the online check-in, unable to log in at times. Tried to make reservations for dinner and it took me two days.

Calling customer service helped the first time, but the next time i called for an issue they were closed and referred me to their award winning website. I've tried using firefox and IE explorer.

Much frustration here.

Now that's hard to believe:eek:

Last night, I could no longer look up an itinerary and click the stateroom to view the floor plan and amenities. I had to go back to the ships hyperlink and click from there. Why couldn't they fix the deck plans page?

I also vote for the ability to download all shore excursions to PDF.

Actually, I like the way Holland America does that one. Because they also include a section on the excursions you've already booked.

Edited by knittinggirl

SIGN ON ERROR: The information in the My Profile section of your My Celebrity account does not match the information we have in our Captain's Club database. Please update your My Profile area. If you continue to receive this error, please contact us at 1-800-760-0654

So after awhile on hold a CC rep comes on, it seems that the 3 different area's of the web site don't talk to each other very well! :eek: Go figure :D

Anyone that has a suffix after their name ( ie: Sr, Jr, II, III, ect ) will get this message, since the "my profile" area in 'My Celebrity' will not recognize it.

It is in the CC area, and on my booking. WOW;)

Edited by wallie5446

Well I for one would be grateful if they could fix the site! I went to the site to pay my final balance (was that my first mistake I wonder?) It showed my balance of £4600+ I paid the full balance with my American Express card. When it passed me to the final page it now had calculated a "Balance owing"! I had paid in full and ever aware that there was a clause which stated if full balance not paid by 4th July then the cruise would be cancelled - I decided to phone Celebrity to make sure! After the usual (me paying for it, wait) I got thriugh to a very nice customer services lady ho greed with me that I had in fact paid the due balance but said that the site was ignoring the fact that I had the promotion (clearly stated elsewhere on the reservation)for gratuities. She said to ignore what the site was saying as it was an error. I felt reassured and didn't attempt to gripe that I had found the process stressful and didn't appreciate having to pay to call Celebrity for their error!

I wasn't too pleased though when shortly afterwards an email arrived from Celebrity showing a balance owing of £200+ ! Doh!

I also vote for the ability to download all shore excursions to PDF.

This feature is there today and has been for years. It is something I wanted to be sure DOESN'T get removed. It is not customized for you, but it is custom for your specific cruise.

From main celebrity web page,

Click onboard experience

Select shore excursions

Scroll down to "download shore and land excursion brochure"

Enter info on your sailing and then it will create a PDF for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app