Summit 8/30/2015 - Blu breakfast dining question

Fish Lover

While it's been almost two years since we were on the Summit, Breakfast in Blu was a highpoint for us.

Amazing french toast, made to order eggs, cereal prepared table side, amazing potatoes and mushrooms all in a quiet setting with great service.

On previous cruises we had always had breakfast on our balcony, but we enjoyed Blu so much that we only had room service breakfast twice!

That was our experience.

Hi,

Any recent Bermuda cruisers have a review on Blu's breakfast? I have read mixed reviews and would like to hear about any recent experiences.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be a pain but if there is one thing I have never heard a complaint about it is breakfast in Blu.

Breakfast in Blu is one of the better meals on board. There are many selections and my favorite is the Blu parfait and any of the smoothies. The breakfast pastries are real good and they are freshly baked. We noticed some changes. The orange juice was not fresh squeezed but tasted like coming from a concentrate. Also, on some mornings, the omelets were made from liquid eggs. I did ask for real eggs and they obliged. Maybe not as healthy but I am on vacation!

Always have enjoyed Blu's breakfast, except for the "Vermont Maple Syrup" that they give you for the pancakes. Being a 6th generation Vermonter, I can tell you that it is artificial, a blend with artificial syrup or bottom of the barrel maple syrup like I've never tasted here. Wish they had called it New Hampshire Maple Syrup or Canadian Maple Syrup (though they also have great syrup) to save Vermont's reputation ;).

We bring a very small bottle of local maple syrup for those few mornings that we have pancakes or French Toast in Blu or on the balcony and all is well.

I thought that the breakfast in Blu was appalling.

Time that they learnt how to cook eggs.

So bad I went to the buffet. At least there if I didn't like the look of a dish, I could have something else. I can't be doing with waste. After the second day's breakfast being sent back, I never went again.

Don't start me off on the coffee:eek:

In fact, I cannot recommend Blu at all. The main courses at dinner were dire. No, it wasn't just me. No, I am not picky. No, I am not difficult to please. I was very, very disappointed.

Great dining room staff.

We love Blu. No big deal, but I don't like the way they make poached eggs, so I don't order them. There are plenty of other options available that are delicious. The coffee isn't the best either so we don't order it. DW and I order espresso, cappuccino or lattes instead. They are made at Cafe al Bacio. Problem solved. The rest of the breakfast selections in Blu are outstanding. The waiters are attentive without hovering.

So bad I went to the buffet. At least there if I didn't like the look of a dish, I could have something else. I can't be doing with waste. After the second day's breakfast being sent back, I never went again.

In fact, I cannot recommend Blu at all. The main courses at dinner were dire. No, it wasn't just me. No, I am not picky. No, I am not difficult to please. I was very, very disappointed.

Great dining room staff.

This is the only negative review I've ever read of breakfast at Blu except for the whole "is it fresh-squeezed or not" drama.

Great dining room staff.

Wow....we've been on 5 or 6 cruises in Aqua and the breakfasts have mostly been wonderful. Yes, we've had poached eggs a bit too firm, but the coffee has always been good, better than the MDR and buffet coffee... (note: we are foodies...and if it's not right we'd send something back....have only done that with the poached eggs...and one piece of gristle they tried to pass off as a steak (quickly removed by the maitre d' who gave us a bottle of wine..it was that bad).

Edited by ghstudio

springfire,

We did a TA on the Silhouette in December 2013 and absolutely loved it! Let us know if you have questions.

Fish Lover - Would you please join the Roll Call and sign up for the "Connections" party for the August 30, 2015 sailing of the Summit? Thanks!

Derek and Katherine

Great dining room staff.

Wow. You are quite in the minority regarding Blu. Yours is the opposite of my experience, and we ARE picky and difficult to please.

We have found Blu for breakfast on three different ships very good. As suite guests we used Luminae on our last cruise and did not find their breakfast substantially better although service was probably more personalised.

I love the poached eggs in Blu! Never had one that wasn't perfectly set but perfectly soft and mellow inside!

Not a recent Summit cruiser but recently on Reflection and Connie....

BLU for breakfast (and dinner) is great....but no waffles!

Coffee they now serve shipwide is worse than what it replaced....but in BLU there's a good chance it will be fresh!

Edited by hcat

Wow. You are quite in the minority regarding Blu. Yours is the opposite of my experience' date=' and we ARE picky and difficult to please.[/quote']

Susan:

I agree, it may be the first time I've seen a post of someone who didn't like Blu for breakfast. Most people rave about Blu in the morning, even those who don't like it for dinner.

Thank you all for your responses. I see the reviews are still mixed :) I guess we will have to see for ourselves. I love a good hot breakfast and almost never get one except when on vacation.

This is our first time in Aqua class, so I am anxious to see the differences.

I hope our cruise make the tour around the Statue of Liberty during departure :D

Thank you all for your responses. I see the reviews are still mixed :) I guess we will have to see for ourselves. I love a good hot breakfast and almost never get one except when on vacation.

This is our first time in Aqua class, so I am anxious to see the differences.

I hope our cruise make the tour around the Statue of Liberty during departure :D

Reviews are still mixed, did you even read this thread. By my count it was 11 to 1 in favor of Blu breakfast , that's not mixed.

Just on board 6/14 - ate at Blu the first morning because it was raining and it took forever. Thought maybe it was a fluke so went on my own the second day it was worse. Took forever to get someone to wait on me. After that did the Oceanview. They have it all except the muesli cart. They make whatever eggs you want or omelets at the end station and also have two other omelet stations toward the front. If you don't mind a leisurely breakfast they definitely do Blu. However, if you are like me and want to just eat and go then the Oceanview was a perfect alternative!

Reviews are still mixed, did you even read this thread. By my count it was 11 to 1 in favor of Blu breakfast , that's not mixed.

Relax Don. I did read the responses and no I didn't tally them up. Your response is rude. The replies were mixed. It just goes to show that experiences differ, as do tastes.

Relax Don. I did read the responses and no I didn't tally them up. Your response is rude. The replies were mixed. It just goes to show that experiences differ, as do tastes.

No, my response is not rude, you asked a question and many people chose to come on this board and answer your question including myself. The responses were overall 11-1 which brings up the point of why did we bother to respond and why was the question even asked.

Edited by dkjretired

No, my response is not rude, you asked a question and many people chose to come on this board and answer your question including myself. The responses were overall 11-1 which brings up the point of why did we bother to respond and why was the question even asked.

I don't thing Don was rude. You asked a question that has been answered by several people. You did not tally them up, do you not own a calculator. Sorry if you think this is rude.

I thanked everyone for their responses. I am looking forward to my trfip and had planned on writing a review when I return.

However, I am new to this board. Is this how you treat each other? With sarcasm and disdain?

No, I didn't tally the responses and make my mind up. I did however, read each one with interest.