Yet another Princess Sale begins July 9th

MCC retired

I only wish Princess had extended this sale to include their winter 2016 cruises!

As others have said $600 (or so) per person for a 10 days cruise is a huge add-on if we were to buy the package, but for even a small increase in the cruise price it would be a nice addition to the cruise.

Our on board drinks also never total $600 for both of us, even with some nice bottles of wine at dinner, but the freedom of just being able to order a drink by the pool without thinking about price really adds to the "vacation" ambiance.

Edited by chamima

We just got off of a princess cruise in April and had not decided what our next cruise would be, but did pre-pay our next cruise deposit while on board. When this sip and sail deal hit my email, it took us less than a day to crunch the numbers. It is a great deal, maybe not for everyone. While we will take advantage of the drinks a little more than we did last time:D, we will also hit the specialty coffee's too, as it is for more than just the alcohol.

Not one to be pushed I did upgrade to a mini-suite to get the specialty dining for two package as well. :rolleyes: I checked the prices on the cruise I booked and they did not raise it one dollar before this offer, so maybe, just maybe this is a really nice promotion for those that can utilize it.

So they transferred our deposit money and no we are booked into late 2016. I think this works well for them to offer such a deep discount this far out. Sorry if not everyone is receiving this offer, not sure how they decided it as we have only sailed Princess once.

While I know what they say the unlimited beverage package is worth :eek: I do not yet know what the specialty dining package is worth, but I do know they are competing against other cruise lines and Norwegian has been offering something similar to us for several months.

Just so you know - I don't think it's a specialty dining package.

I think it's one meal in a specialty restaurant.

You might want to verify that with your TA.

Just so you know - I don't think it's a specialty dining package.

I think it's one meal in a specialty restaurant.

You might want to verify that with your TA.

True I may have mis-spoken on that one. That will still work out well for us, but worth checking on.

We were able to get the promo on our Baltic cruise next June, with no increase in cruise price. We don't usually drink that much, so we might just take the $200 (each) OBC instead. Then again, it's nice to have the option to have a drink or two a day without thinking about the bill!

Does anyone know if you can get wine by the glass in the MDR? We've never tried that before, but it would be nice to do that with the package.

Does anyone know if you can get wine by the glass in the MDR? We've never tried that before, but it would be nice to do that with the package.

Yes, a number of wines are offered by the glass in the MDR and are included in the AIBP, but some wines are available only by the bottle.

Does anyone know if the Sip and Sale promotion is by invitation only or will it be a broad promotion like the Red White and Blue Sale? I haven't recieved a mailer on it so just wondering if anyone " in the know" .. Knows?

It's plastered all over the Princess web site. It seems to include about a bazillion cruises including cruise tours to Alaska.

Cool cruiser & Car bil

To me it is a good deal

From an obstructive view. $ 678 to a upgraded baloney & prevage package

It is a good deal for me

I spent $ 400 on my last cruise for wine cocktails water beer soda coffee

I spent too much time in Crooner's bar

It includes my Alaska Cruise Tour but... If I switched to early May I could save get a balcony (and therefore the Sip & Sail promotion) for $300 less than I am paying for my inside cabin in late June. My inside doesn't qualify but that's the date my wife wants so... No Sip & Sail for me.

It includes my Alaska Cruise Tour but... If I switched to early May I could save get a balcony (and therefore the Sip & Sail promotion) for $300 less than I am paying for my inside cabin in late June. My inside doesn't qualify but that's the date my wife wants so... No Sip & Sail for me.

It pays off in the long run too please the wife! HWHL.

It pays off in the long run too please the wife! HWHL.

That is a lesson I learned long ago. [emoji41] We have been married for 43 years now and I intend for it to be much longer. I would MUCH rather make my wife happy than to get a bunch of "free" booze.

If you wish to book the OBC $$ instead of the Drinks Pkg , be sure to ask whomever you booked with for Rate Code R7B instead of R7A now.

Since both promos expire in August , switching after that or onboard may not be possible ?

It's plastered all over the Princess web site. It seems to include about a bazillion cruises including cruise tours to Alaska.

Not on the Australia Princess website. No Sip and Sail promo for us. We have Mark your Milestone instead.

If you wish to book the OBC $$ instead of the Drinks Pkg , be sure to ask whomever you booked with for Rate Code R7B instead of R7A now.

Since both promos expire in August , switching after that or onboard may not be possible ?

Twice, when I asked to have the drink package changed to OBC, I was told it couldn't be done. Then I called my travel agent with the Sip and Sail page open on the Princess web site and read the fine print down at the bottom that clearly states you can covert the drink package to OBC - the amount varies depending on how long a cruise you are on. The only hitch is if you don't use the OBC, you lose it and it will not be refunded. We don't drink that much, so using the OBC will cover our drinks and tips, plus we'll probably have some money for tours or shopping... :-)