What color shawl with this dress?

Please help me, I'll have to purchase online, so I think it would be too hard to match the navy, maybe a cream color? Cruise is in August so sheer would be fine, but would that look ok with all of the beading? The top is more of a nude color, as shown in the second picture.

6342_blue.jpg

2zssi87.jpg

Since I'm always cold, I would need the wrap, but like the OP said, you don't want to cover up too much of the beautiful beading! But, you don't have to! You can loop it around your shoulders and still take the chill off! Cream would be great, but I also like the idea of a light color tint in the pink, blue or yellow. Doesn't matter, it's a gorgeous dress .... I love it! Do post pictures of you wearing it and have a fabulous time! :)

You know, the OP is right .... try and match the Navy. It wouldn't be that far off and even if it was, it's far enough away when you're wearing it not to matter! :)

I think you should try to match the bottom. If you wear the wrap, from the back you will look monochromatic. From the front of course, the cream top will be seen and I think the whole look is very dramatic and beautiful. What about shoes and a purse? Tell us more. :D

To where are you cruising? I have never needed a wrap in say, the Caribbean.

My inclination would be to match skin tone. I think that the beading shows up so beautifully because of the "illusion" of beading on bare skin… and the bodice underlayment of the beading overlay is kind of a skin tone, barely a hint of pink. I would try to downplay the effect of the wrap, rather than trying to make it a statement by matching the navy.

Are you going with navy shoes and a light, skin toned or silver clutch?

Tell us more! Beautiful, beautiful dress.

Beautiful dress.

I disagree with anyone that says don't cover up the dress. Do what you need to do in order to be comfortable. I remember seeing an article of fashion do's and don't when I was in my teens...and the biggest don't was to try to be fashionable but be cold because of being under dressed.

I'd go for matching the bodice. I like this shawl in champagne:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/adrianna-papell-satin-wrap/4101152?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Champagne&resultback=500

The bodice is so pretty and dominant. I had a conversation with my Mom about bossy clothes and how well them might get along with other clothes. I think that bodice is bossy...but I think it could get along with a shawl that was similar in color and a flattering style, like the linked shawl.

Hints of the dress would peek through the shawl...and if you were wearing statement earrings and a bracelet like the photo...it would be a lovely look IMO.

Anita Latte, I think you've hit a home run. I said no shawl in part because all of the shawls I have seen recently have beads, sequins, or metallic that would compete with the bodice. The simple, elegant shawl you posted complements. It does not compete or detract. Good find!

Vicki

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you everyone for your beautiful ideas, unfortunately my trip was canceled, but I guess that's life. In unrelated news..anyone want to buy a dress? lol, size 6 ;)

I do! please let me know if you still want to sell it.