Majesty to get Upgraded

True, but looks bigger picture. PC now has a weekend ship for summer 2016. With free internet and slides. :D

I wonder if internet will really be free. This is a quote from the email I got this morning from Royal;

"The ship will also feature VOOM, the only high speed Internet at sea — included for all our guests starting May 2016 to enjoy connectivity that lets them surf, stream and share on their cruise."

It says it's included but it doesn't say free. I think they might just mean that it's available...for a fee. It would be nice if it is free.

I wonder if internet will really be free. This is a quote from the email I got this morning from Royal;

"The ship will also feature VOOM, the only high speed Internet at sea — included for all our guests starting May 2016 to enjoy connectivity that lets them surf, stream and share on their cruise."

It says it's included but it doesn't say free. I think they might just mean that it's available...for a fee. It would be nice if it is free.

That's the same info that is in the link provided in my post #1.

"Voom, the fastest internet at sea, will be available free and unlimited exclusively for guests on Majesty of the Seas to stay connected, brag about their vacation to friends and family, stream their favorite movies and music, and enjoy popular online video gaming".

Edited by cruisenfever

"Voom, the fastest internet at sea, will be available free and unlimited exclusively for guests on Majesty of the Seas to stay connected, brag about their vacation to friends and family, stream their favorite movies and music, and enjoy popular online video gaming".

I like your quote better. ;)

Well it's almost the same. In the link you provided it does say free. In the email I got it never uses the word free. Maybe when they wrote the email they just forgot to mention free. I'm just being overly cautious.

I'm expecting an announcement regarding ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS as well regarding upgrades. She will be taking over from MAJESTY in Miami and will compete head-on with NORWEGIAN SKY, which NCL recently announced will become all-inclusive beginning in January 2016.

Yes it's free. Here is the Press Release headline from Royal Caribbean …

FAST, FREE INTERNET AND EXCITING NEW FEATURES FOR ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Anyone know why they're moving her to PC? Just wondering why they're not keeping her in Miami...been there since the early 90's!

I was wondering that myself. Apparently they would rather have Enchantment in Miami. Maybe it has something to do with the stop at Key West.

Edited by clarea

Anyone know why they're moving her to PC? Just wondering why they're not keeping her in Miami...been there since the early 90's!

It's probably good to change things up every now and then, and ENCHANTMENT to Miami is definitely considered an upgrade over MAJESTY. The short cruise market out of Miami is an important one, and much bigger than Port Canaveral or Tampa. With NORWEGIAN SKY becoming all-inclusive in 2016, Royal Caribbean has to up their game to compete.

Bob - I'm assuming Majesty will drop KW and Enchantment will take it instead? I haven't been around in awhile so I'm not up on everything.

We won't know for sure until itineraries are published, but I believe KW is farther than they want to (or can) go from Port Canaveral. With regard to the 4 day Bahamas run, my guess is KW will be limited to whatever ship is sailing from Miami.

Well it's almost the same. In the link you provided it does say free. In the email I got it never uses the word free. Maybe when they wrote the email they just forgot to mention free. I'm just being overly cautious.

Or maybe one of them is a typo...........does the buy the ultimate ,get the refresh/replenish fiasco ring a bell??:p:p

We had the "last 4" cruises booked on Majesty. We also will scrap those! I do enjoy Majesty, but would rather sail on it when I need a "quick fix" and a short cruise. No need to spend 2 weeks on it in April now. We'll find something else.

Peter

While the summer itineraries for Majesty haven't been published yet, Rhapsody has disappeared from November's list, and Majesty now has the November 2016 through April 2017 PC schedule up on line (that was Rhapsody's schedule last week.

We were going to take the summer of 2016 off from cruising. Oh well, back to the drawing board.;)

Anyone ever hear of this Voom internet? Google doesn't show much except a satellite cable provider that hasn't really worked well. Given the area where this ship will be sailing, it might work well though.

Thanks.

I just looked and the Rhapsody TA from Rome to Port Canaveral on 27 Oct 2016 is N/A now.

I just looked and it says Sold Out.:eek: Looks like you're stuck with us on the Brilliance TA.:p

Edited by cruisenfever

Pricing for the first MJ out of PC is not cheap:eek::eek:

The last RH to book(before she comes to Tampa) is Oct 17th.....the next one(the TA is now closed--meaning they are probably figuring all this out)......then nothing showing in NOV...........nothing till Dec 10th