Majesty to get Upgraded

PC now has a summer 2016 ship whereas before they had none. PC now has an Oasis-class ship incoming. They ran miserable itineraries with Quantum bringing that ship to call on PC. And they'll continue to run miserable itineraries with Grandeur bringing in another 2000 people weekly to your over priced beach town and space center.

Not sure how this equates to a screwing, but if you insist that RCI leave have fun choosing between decrepit Carnival ships or Di$ney.

PC is not as over priced like FT Lauderdale is. That's RCCL Problem with miserable Itineraries by bring the Quantum in here if they would make some more smaller ships to spread around they wouldn't have this problem . The Oasis is going to be here for a short time before they move her to Europe. I hear that Princesses is interested in PC . Oh and you forgot Orlando to the theme parks that people go to also.

Personally, I am not as enthusiastic as many of you to see the Majesty come to PC. I enjoyed the Sovereign YEARS ago , and the Monarch was a fairly equal replacement.

The Vision class to PC was, in my opinion, a big upgrade over the Sovereign class, even over an upgraded Sovereign class. The Sovereign class rooms are so tiny, there are so few suites and no standard balcony cabins. Further so many folks use the 3/4 day cruise as a first time cruise experience; I am amazed that RCCL would keep such an old ship in that new RCCL cruiser market.

Just my 2 cents!

M

Just what Port Canaveral another OLD an Tired cruise ship I don't care if they up grade it . IT,S STILL AN OLD SHIP. Port Canaveral spent it's own Money on a New Terminal thinking that RCCL would give them a new ship but once again they get screwed by Royal Caribbean. Yes were getting the Oasis but that is only a half time ship it's not home ported there. RCCL prices are to high for this area this is a drive up and get on port. It would hurt me at all if Royal Caribbean would leave PC. Maybe we can get another cruise line that care's for this area instead of FT Lauderdale all the time. RCCL keep your Majesty and STICK IT some where else. NOT A HAPPY CRUISER .

Wow. Somebody get micco69 a waaaambulance! Disney prices are ridiculously high, and Carnival provides PC ships that are beyond ancient.

Disney prices are ridiculously high, and Carnival provides PC ships that are beyond ancient.

Disney is high I agree. Carnival is going to have 2 new ship coming to PC in the near future. and Princess is look PC over.

What do you mean by half time ship?

By the way, no RCI ships are home-ported in the U.S.

Right now the Oasis and the Allure is out of Ft Lauderdale and so is the Majesty out of Miami .

home port - the port from which a ship originates of where it is registered

Since RCI ships are registered in the Bahamas, there are no ship that originate from there.

Edited by cruisenfever

Disney prices are ridiculously high, and Carnival provides PC ships that are beyond ancient.

Disney is high I agree. Carnival is going to have 2 new ship coming to PC in the near future. and Princess is look PC over.

Not exactly new but I agree they will be better than those that need to be scrapped. Valor was launched in 2004 and Magic in 2011. We would certainly consider the latter.

Port of Registry : the place where the details of a ship or boat are officially recorded: An official number, the registered tonnage, the name of the ship, and the port of registry must be marked on the vessel.

While home port is not simply the port of departure, the cruise industry has started to use the term 'homeport' for both year-round and seasonal home ports.

Here they state that Majesty will 'homeport' at Port Canaveral.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12783-free-internet-for-majesty-of-the-seas-passengers-royal-caribbean-to-keep-ship.html

Here MSC 'Homeports' the Opera at Havana.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12779-msc-homeports-the-opera-in-havana-for-winter-2015-2016.html

Personally, I am not as enthusiastic as many of you to see the Majesty come to PC. I enjoyed the Sovereign YEARS ago , and the Monarch was a fairly equal replacement.

The Vision class to PC was, in my opinion, a big upgrade over the Sovereign class, even over an upgraded Sovereign class. The Sovereign class rooms are so tiny, there are so few suites and no standard balcony cabins. Further so many folks use the 3/4 day cruise as a first time cruise experience; I am amazed that RCCL would keep such an old ship in that new RCCL cruiser market.

Just my 2 cents!

M

Exactly my thoughts.

But of course! :D We've gotta rebook three cruises now, it'd be nice to get something for the hassle.

If Majesty is going to sail on the dates you have booked, then there's nothing for which they need to compensate you other than by dropping the price since it won't be a "special" sailing anymore. And if Majesty is taking over from Rhapsody on the date you have scheduled to sail on her (RH), I doubt that they'll compensate you for that, either, since you can sail Majesty. Now the Rhapsody TA may be another matter, unless they're just going to send her to Tampa instead of PC. Just my thoughts....

If Majesty is going to sail on the dates you have booked, then there's nothing for which they need to compensate you other than by dropping the price since it won't be a "special" sailing anymore. And if Majesty is taking over from Rhapsody on the date you have scheduled to sail on her (RH), I doubt that they'll compensate you for that, either, since you can sail Majesty. Now the Rhapsody TA may be another matter, unless they're just going to send her to Tampa instead of PC. Just my thoughts....

They don't need to compensate but they are. A nice goodwill gester on their part.

They are offering those booked on Rhapsody an OBC of $50 ($100 for suites). This is for the 3/4 day cruises. Compensation for the TA would be higher.

See post 137

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I don't know. My other problem with it is the tiny staterooms. There's really nothing they can do to alleviate the crowding and small cabin issues.

I don't know if I'm getting old (I'm 34, first cruise on MJ I was 17), or crabby, or what. I've been posting here for many years, sure some of you will remember my reviews, etc.

Majesty is my absolute favorite ship - was my first cruise, over 35+ sailings on her with memories I will never forget. I LOVE THAT SHIP and its crew! But I was surprised to hear the news this morning. I believe even I am "Majesty'd" out, if that makes sense. The last time I was on her, I felt like it was a cattle call. WAY too crowded, and I couldn't believe how small the cabins were, hadn't been in a non-balcony stateroom in awhile. Used to always grab the interior or oceanview on MJ, but I've gotten spoiled, I guess! Too many plumbing issues/smells, every single place I went, packed. I don't know what changed for me.....but.....I just feel she is getting too old. Or maybe more like it, the 3/4 nights no longer appeal to me; everything too hectic/congested.

I'm torn, I was going to feel incredibly sad to see her go, but I won't be booking anything on her anymore...I don't think. Never know though, right?

I am also very surprised (and confused) about the move to PC. MJ has been at the POM since she entered the fleet!

Where are they going to put these waterslides?!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I think instead of the MJ upgrades,the title should be:

Majesty moves to PC............Rhapsody to Tampa.

How many cruisers are not happy?

I am not happy at all. Why give Miami the enchantment and give port canaveral a small piece of scrap metal. They supposedly sold it. Port Canaveral always gets the left overs. Sad they spent so much money on the new terminal and this is what we get. It could have least been a brilliance class. I'm almost to the point where I am gonna start looking at other lines

I am not happy at all. Why give Miami the enchantment and give port canaveral a small piece of scrap metal. They supposedly sold it. Port Canaveral always gets the left overs. Sad they spent so much money on the new terminal and this is what we get. It could have least been a brilliance class. I'm almost to the point where I am gonna start looking at other lines

And the Oasis is a left over.:confused:

Scrap metal - ha ha! I can't blame you, though, for how you feel. It's an odd move, IMO at least.