Majesty to get Upgraded

Oasis did go over to Europe for a mini-season and dry dock in 2014 from September 1, 2014. The ship sailed two test 5 night and one test 7 night from Barcelona. The ship was away from Port Everglades only for the low season months of September and October.

This Summer season is the only season so far where Port Everglades has not had 2 Oasis Class home-ported ships in the high season since the arrival of Allure.

Summer 2016 will see both Allure and Oasis home-ported at Port Canaveral.

If you look at RCI's own deployment press release from the 5th of March concerning 2016-17 Caribbean deployment they have stated that Oasis and Freedom deployments are seasonal Winter deployments.

In the same press release they do refer to the Adventure, Anthem, Enchantment and Liberty deployments as year-round deployments.

While this does not mean that Freedom or Oasis will not be deployed for the summer season from the same ports, this does indicate that their deployments are subject to future deployment decisions and are not 'year-round' at this time.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1133/royal-caribbean-announces-unmatched-2016-17-caribbean-adventures-aboard-the-industrys-best-cruise-ships/

I see what you're talking about...

"For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seaswill inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary."

However, I just took that as "Oasis will be starting in PC during the winter season" and assumed that she would be staying. Even though it doesn't necessarily guarantee year-round deployment, I highly doubt they will pull her out for the summer. We just saw what happened when they tried to skip out on the 3/4 night summer cruises...

Really? When this is all said and done, what ships will you have in PC and what ships will I have in Miami? Better yet, try to sell that argument to the rest of the country who have to fly to their cruises. I have a feeling your first world problem isn't going to get much sympathy.

Thank you -- living next to a major port that no longer has any RCI presence is frustrating, so when I see Florida residents bickering about which of the many RCI ships are in the many Florida ports, I find it hard to sympatize. Our RT airfare to Florida is almost equal to the cost of a cruise.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Thank you -- living next to a major port that no longer has any RCI presence is frustrating, so when I see Florida residents bickering about which of the many RCI ships are in the many Florida ports, I find it hard to sympatize. Our RT airfare to Florida is almost equal to the cost of a cruise.

Exactly!!! We rarely can fly to FL less than $500 pp! We would gladly welcome and be grateful if MJ relocated to New Orleans which is only a 6 hour drive!

What new Itineraries have they added? i see the same, royal doesn't diversify very much.

I'm not sure what that poster was referring to, but maybe they were speaking of the new 9/5 night Navigator itineraries, or the new Eastern Caribbean itineraries for the Oasis and Allure, or some of the 7 nighters from San Juan that have added all 3 ABC islands to the itineraries.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Maybe the Rhapsody sailings out of Tampa[/quote

Nothing new there.

Well, it wasn't there yesterday morning, so to me it's new :cool:

Plus Majesty for the summer is new using criteria above

New can mean different things to some people. ;)

On a side note, I'm trying to figure out where they are going to squeeze in Izumi, Sabor, and Chefs Table?

The VCL on Majesty appears to be relatively small... Maybe they will but Izumi up there, as that is where it is located on most other ships. The only other area I see that could possibly get converted to restaurants are the conference centers. On other ships, Chefs Table has been added into the MDR.

How big is the area where JR's and Compass Deli are located? Could they somehow add Sabor or Izumi up there?

On a side note, I'm trying to figure out where they are going to squeeze in Izumi, Sabor, and Chefs Table?

The VCL on Majesty appears to be relatively small... Maybe they will but Izumi up there, as that is where it is located on most other ships. The only other area I see that could possibly get converted to restaurants are the conference centers. On other ships, Chefs Table has been added into the MDR.

How big is the area where JR's and Compass Deli are located? Could they somehow add Sabor or Izumi up there?

I believe someone has already floated the idea of using JR and the deli. We've done Sovereign and Monarch, but I don't recall the ship other than dinky cabins.

I just talked to a board member at PC and there not happy that the Majesty is coming to PC .He said they wished they would put it some place else. He said they are talking to other cruise lines to come to PC. They are disappointed with RCCL with ther plans.

Really.:confused:

Royals ships sail full. Having the Oasis and Majesty there means more passengers (revenue for Canaveral) than they had with Freedom and Enchantment. I would think that all the port would care about is the number of total passengers.

That's what I was thinking as well.

How could higher port load be unwelcome by the port authority?

The only thing RCI may have to do is reduce fares to fill MJ since she is older, but that doesn't make any difference to the port.

I for one am looking forward to possible better deals on the 3/4s out of PC. Prices have been generally higher since EN replaced MN. Now I do really like EN, but maybe there's a silver lining here?

My guess is that Izumi will replace JR's, and that Sabor will replace the compass deli. On Monarch, Jade (previous version of Izumi) was where JR's is now on Majesty, and the Compass deli/Sorrento's area was rarely, if ever visited by passengers (I don't think most passengers even knew it was there).

Chef's Table would most logically be located near the existing restaurants for ease of galley access (on Radiance class ships, they shoehorned it into the old card room next to Chops)

Maybe the Rhapsody sailings out of Tampa

Isn't this Navigator itinerary out of Miami new? (the 9-nighter?)

From Miami, Enchantment of the Seas will sail three- and four-night short Bahamas getaways year-round, while Navigator of the Seaswill alternate five-night Bahamas and Mexico with nine-night Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Labadee cruises in the winter.

What new Itineraries have they added? i see the same, royal doesn't diversify very much.

When FOS moves to FLL, she will be doing 6-night western (GC, Cozumel, and Costa Maya) and 8-night eastern sailings (Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, and St. Kitts)

My guess is that Izumi will replace JR's, and that Sabor will replace the compass deli. On Monarch, Jade (previous version of Izumi) was where JR's is now on Majesty, and the Compass deli/Sorrento's area was rarely, if ever visited by passengers (I don't think most passengers even knew it was there).

Chef's Table would most logically be located near the existing restaurants for ease of galley access (on Radiance class ships, they shoehorned it into the old card room next to Chops)

I remember Monarch now, pizza was above WJ with the hot rock place

I believe someone has already floated the idea of using JR and the deli. We've done Sovereign and Monarch, but I don't recall the ship other than dinky cabins.

I just hope they don't use her VCL for anything exclusive, I like the 360° view from those old ones.

Edited by DarthGrady

Sovereign class ships have private dining rooms immediately adjacent to the main dining rooms. Chef's Table would 99% likely be held there.

Isn't this Navigator itinerary out of Miami new? (the 9-nighter?)

From Miami, Enchantment of the Seas will sail three- and four-night short Bahamas getaways year-round, while Navigator of the Seaswill alternate five-night Bahamas and Mexico with nine-night Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Labadee cruises in the winter.

Legend did a 9 night with all three of the ABC's last year. We also stopped in Ochoa Rios. It was out of Ft Lauderdale. I think Explorer did it also out of PC

Also Freedom is doing GC, Honduras, Costa Maya and Cozumel in Aug 2016. I didn't even realize that when we booked. I figured it was a normal western

Edited by John&LaLa

Personally, I don't think they would get rid of JR's. However, replacing Compass Deli would make sense, as Royal would rather have an upcharge venue in its place.

Personally, I don't think they would get rid of JR's. However, replacing Compass Deli would make sense, as Royal would rather have an upcharge venue in its place.

They could even do breakfast like Oasis and Allure. ;)

I think this foreshadows the death/sale of Pullmantur. We all know it is not a good performer in the RCCL Line-up.

Excerpts from the 2014 RCCL Annual Report which might help explain their recent move.

The Double-Double program represents the long-term strategic plan of the Company to attain double-digit Return On Invested Capital and a doubling of 2014 year-end Adjusted Earnings by 2017.

Our 2015 will be an important step towards our DoubleDouble goals. We expect to deliver step-change earnings growth by leveraging our innovative hardware, strong brands, global footprint and exceptional employees.

Pullmantur is a brand targeted primarily at the Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American markets, with an increasing focus on Latin America. The persistent economic instability in these markets has created significant uncertainties in forecasting operating results and future cash flows used in our impairment analyses. We continue to monitor economic events in these markets for their potential impact on Pullmantur’s business and valuation. Further, the estimation of fair value utilizing discounted expected future cash flows includes numerous uncertainties which require our significant judgment when making assumptions of expected revenues, operating costs, marketing, selling and administrative expenses, interest rates, ship additions and retirements as well as assumptions regarding the cruise vacation industry’s competitive environment and general economic and business conditions, among other factors.

If there are changes to the projected future cash flows used in the impairment analyses, especially in Net Yields or if certain transfers of vessels from our other cruise brands to the Pullmantur fleet do not take place, it is possible that an impairment charge of Pullmantur’s reporting unit’s goodwill may be required. Of these factors, the planned transfers of vessels to the Pullmantur fleet is most significant to the projected future cash flows.

Effective January 1, 2013, we revised the estimated useful lives of five ships from 30 years with a 15% associated residual value, to 35 years with a 10% associated residual value.

(Not sure if one of the five ships would be the Majesty)

Edited by Tagsalong

We'll I guess my schedule for 2016 just opened up. I had the last two Majesty cruises booked, as well as the first PC cruise of RH. Back to the drawing board!

I would not expect them to offer any compensation for the final two cruises on Her Majesty -- but waiting until they notify you specifically, should get you some compensation from Royal. It may not give you the flexibility you want however....but who knows.

Exactly!!! We rarely can fly to FL less than $500 pp! We would gladly welcome and be grateful if MJ relocated to New Orleans which is only a 6 hour drive!

Same for us in Birmingham. We always look to New Orleans first given the easy drivability. Also don't forget about cities like Mobile who built terminals only to lose the ships entirely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk