Majesty to get Upgraded

I did not mean in my previous post they would notify people who were on those last two cruises for MJ out of Miami, just the people on the first cruise on RH sailing out of PC.

From what people had said, who went on other 'truly last cruises' it was great fun...in some ways and sad in others.

Technically I haven't been notified yet. And the cancelled one is the third of a 3 leg voyage

Just talked with the redeployment desk, and it's true. Balcony bookings are being moved to JS. As someone who originally booked a JS, and one of the prime corner afts at that, I feel a bit gypped. Someone who booked a balcony at half what I paid is being upgraded from a 191 ft room to a 221 ft JS, while I'm being downgraded from a 241 ft JS to a 221 ft one at full JS price plus losing that huge wraparound aft balcony. Of course, I do get $50 more OBC, so that surely makes up the difference. Not. :mad:

If you originally booked a JS on Rhapsody you'll get $100.00 OBC

I did say "if.";)

On Monarch, which I assume is identical on Deck 10, I liked the aft three on either side - 1x84, 86 and 88. All of the balconies are fully covered, but those three don't have the extra overhang, so the cabins are a bit brighter. I also like the location close to the aft staircase and elevators, which don't seem to be as heavily used as the Centrum elevators.

Thanks, I will see what we can get. Do any have loungers. We had an Aft :(

I'm just torn on the whole topic.

On one hand I'm glad PC has a summer Bahamas ship back, but on the other hand, I can't imagine going on Majesty again. It felt so dated even five years ago when we last sailed on her, the cabins are tiny, the ceilings are low, no solarium, AstroTurf on the deck above the pool deck, ugh.

It's just disappointing after growing to love the Enchantment :(. Also ironic how Carnival is moving the newer Victory to Port Canaveral for the short cruises and Royal Caribbean is simultaneously moving the old Majesty to replace Enchantment.

I don't know what we will do with our 3 night Rhapsody booking. We haven't gotten a call yet, but I have no desire to sail on the Majesty and also don't want to have to fly to Miami for a 3 day cruise on a decent ship.

I'm hoping that that will be replaced by the new flooring during the dry dock, along with a refresh of the public areas and cabins (carpets, etc). But I guess that depends on long RCI is planning on keeping Majesty around.

Also... I'd rather sail on the Majesty than the newer Carnival Victory. I was on the Victory in 2010...Here is the one thing I remember about the ship: tacky!!!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I just love RCL's consistency- I called earlier and was told that I could change to the 4 day on 11/14/16 and be price protected on that sailing;)

Aren't 3 and 4 day cruises often around the same price anyway. Sometimes the 4 days are cheaper because not as desirable.

Have you checked all of your email folders. I received the letter by email yesterday and others have reported the same.

Nothing, but I do have a couple courtesy holds about to expire emails

Not worried about it....out of my group,only 3 booked balconies.and for the most part,they are not even interested in going on MJ...........May just do BR..........same dates...

BR would be my choice as well, especially if I were price protected on it ;)

BR would be my choice as well, especially if I were price protected on it ;)

Like the others said, only price protection on MJ, but $50/$100 OBC on any sailing.

Besides the BR is about the same price as the RH was.

Like the others said, only price protection on MJ, but $50/$100 OBC on any sailing.

Besides the BR is about the same price as the RH was.

When I looked last night it was $200 higher for the same cabin sailing on the 10th.

Have you checked all of your email folders. I received the letter by email yesterday and others have reported the same.

Just got it, came from my TA. That could explain the delay. Everything as per what has been discussed. TA even gets $25 for their troubles in rebooking. That seems fair

Free Internet! That is cool.

I wonder if that might be intended to compete with NCL Sky's 3-night cruises beginning in 2016 that will include "free" drink packages (which the increased cruise rate covers anyway, therefore eliminating the choice to pay for a drink package or not).

I think that they should have also offered a price-protected booking on the Enchantment from Miami. That wouldn't really work for the people that are close to PC, but it would be fine for some of the passengers that need to travel in the first place. That way, they could have spread out some of those with balconies and gave an option to those who would rather sail on a Vision class ship.. But that's just my opinion.

Aren't 3 and 4 day cruises often around the same price anyway. Sometimes the 4 days are cheaper because not as desirable.

It is not that is as desirable.........just easier for some to cruise on the weekend and not take much time off from work..

When I looked last night it was $200 higher for the same cabin sailing on the 10th.
Not quite,but even if it is more,you can not compare the MJ to the BR...To me,it is worth few more $$$..

It is not that is as desirable.........just easier for some to cruise on the weekend and not take much time off from work..

Not quite,but even if it is more,you can not compare the MJ to the BR...To me,it is worth few more $$$..

;) But that is what makes them desireable. :D

Like I said earlier, the travel has to be considered as well

I think that they should have also offered a price-protected booking on the Enchantment from Miami. That wouldn't really work for the people that are close to PC, but it would be fine for some of the passengers that need to travel in the first place. That way, they could have spread out some of those with balconies and gave an option to those who would rather sail on a Vision class ship.. But that's just my opinion.

So let people cancel and go book Enchantment. I don't see why they should price protect people to a different ship, different port, different itinerary.

Free Internet! That is cool.

Yep free is cool. However, I just did a price comparison between the 7/24 Enchantment cruise we are booked on this year (JS) and the 7/22 Majesty cruise next year (JS), and the Majesty cruise is $210 higher.

Ain't free;)

Edited by orville99