Help with Classic Drink Package

stalco

OK... so we have not been on Celebrity in years and never had a drink package before. Seems like everyone is complaining about the classic package that we will have on the Silhouette next spring. I am trying to find out if we have to upgrade just to get the drinks we want. So my question is. I drink Amarertto and Diet Coke or Miami Vices.

My husband drinks red wine, beer, bloody marys and Jack and water.

HELP... do we need to uprade to get these drinks? Thanks everyone. I just want an answer and to make the decision before we sale and not have to worry if my drink is the right one or not. :rolleyes:

Seriously, just try the classic for a day. You absolutely do not have to worry about it beforehand. If you are fine with it, then don't upgrade. It sounds like you'll be just fine.

If you want to upgrade it's about a one minute deal at any bar. And then you will have saved the first day's charge.

Many of us who have on board credit like to use that on board to upgrade our drink package.

Jack and coke is on the classic package or at least was last month. Your cruise is almost a year out so I would get the classic and upgrade if necessary. You never know what will be on the packages next year.

Edited by dkjretired

OK... so we have not been on Celebrity in years and never had a drink package before. Seems like everyone is complaining about the classic package that we will have on the Silhouette next spring. I am trying to find out if we have to upgrade just to get the drinks we want. So my question is. I drink Amarertto and Diet Coke or Miami Vices.

HELP... do we need to uprade to get these drinks? Thanks everyone. I just want an answer and to make the decision before we sale and not have to worry if my drink is the right one or not. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Cruza for posting this. We had the Classic drink package 2 cruises ago. There are a lot of booze to pick from. While it was hard to get a drink at times. This was because of Celebrity being under staffed and Silhouette not having the Oceanview Bar (stern) outside on the Lido Deck. More seating and no BAR.:confused:

The Classic Beverage Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8.00 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9.00 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffee, teas, and non-premium bottled water, and gratuities (amount based upon gratuity guidelines).

If you want fancy cocktails and craft beers it's a no brainier, just upgrade given its only the cost of a single cocktail or beer per day. If you don't the classic looks fine to me. Given my wife likes cocktails and I want the craft beers we will upgrade.

Since you have the Classic already the $11.80 per person, per day is a slam dunk. We have upgraded the last 2 years just for the pure convenience of a worry free cruise. The wine and beer selection is 100 times better on the Premium. ( Bud, Coors, n Miller are not real beer's :D )

I am trying to find out if we have to upgrade just to get the drinks we want. So my question is. I drink Amarertto and Diet Coke or Miami Vices.

NO. All the liquors/alcohol needed for your mixed drinks are on the Classic Package. For the Miami Vice, Bloody Mary ask for Barcardi or Capt. Morgan and Stoli or Absolut. Now beer brands are limited: Amstel Light, Bud - Bud Light, Coors - Coors Light, Corona - Corona Light, Beck's, Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Miller Lite and Heineken. I think you will be fine. Martini's are not on the package. Decent wines are limited, too.

Martini's are not on the package.

Aren't regular sized vodka or gin martinis covered if made at other than the martini bar? Not talking about non tradional martinis. eg. banana coconutini. LOL

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Miller Lite is the ONLY beer!!!!!

What happened to Bud Lite? Another post above says it's included in Classic...

What Scotch is included?

What beer and Scotch is served at Elite hour or w/ vouchers?

Thanks.....

Edited by hcat

Yes, you can get a normal martini at any bar not named Martini Bar or Molecular/World Class Bar.

It's also been noted on CC, you can even get a limited few regular sized martini's at the Martini Bar, but it may be subject to a willing bartender.

Aren't regular sized vodka or gin martinis covered if made at other than the martini bar? Not talking about non tradional martinis. eg. banana coconutini. LOL

bosco

Sounds great. I appreciate the info. Sounds like if my husband is gonna get picky about wine or beer he can upgrade..... I should be just fine with the drinks I get. Either way we will wait till on board to decide if he wants to upgrade. Happy cruising everyone.

I had Corona Light the whole cruise on classic package and loved it. Never had an issue with any drink I wanted - we had pina coladas, bloody mary's, cosmos, vodka martini, southern comfort Manhattan, whiskey sours, and all the other colorful drinks they serve. We just always made a point of saying classic package and they would make it with that alcohol. The martinis were a bit smaller but so what - order one and then order another. There is not limit, just the size.

Sounds great. I appreciate the info. Sounds like if my husband is gonna get picky about wine or beer he can upgrade..... I should be just fine with the drinks I get. Either way we will wait till on board to decide if he wants to upgrade. Happy cruising everyone.

I drink Miller Lite and the occasional mixed drink. Hubby drinks Jack and sprite or beam and sprite. We are not fancy beer or wine drinkers so the Classic is perfect for us. Unless you want the really expensive beers and wine or some of the really upscale boozes, there is really no need to upgrade. I was even able to get a Patron Margarita on the Classic package.

Also if you have to have Evian for bottled water or special waters you need to upgrade. We are fine with the brand of bottled water included with the Classic. Hubby is also able to get his specialty coffees and I can get my Diet Cokes so we are all good with the Classic.

Thanks to Cruza for posting this. We had the Classic drink package 2 cruises ago. There are a lot of booze to pick from. While it was hard to get a drink at times. This was because of Celebrity being under staffed and Silhouette not having the Oceanview Bar (stern) outside on the Lido Deck. More seating and no BAR.:confused:

This is very helpful. What about specialty coffees such as cappuccino? Is that covered in the classic package? I didn't see it specifically listed in either package.

Edited by Lovincruisin1321
posted twice

This is very helpful. What about specialty coffees such as cappuccino? Is that covered in the classic package? I didn't see it specifically listed in either package.