Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

The first time Explore4 was offered, the Caribbean cruises did not get the SBP. Instead, all categories of staterooms received a $50 Beverage card per person. And I think the lower categories recieved Canaletto dinners and higher categories had the Pinnacle Grill dinner.

Hoping this time around we can get the promo on our Koningsdam Caribbean cruise in February 2017.

Will have to wait and see what the price increase looks like.

Edited by OVgirl

I don't care what they call it, Signature Beverage Package, or Explore 4; all I know is we thoroughly enjoyed having it during our trans-Atlantic crossing last fall. From the mimosas at breakfast to specialty coffees from the Explorer's Lounge, to cool-down drinks on the aft pool deck, to pre-dinner cocktails, to wine with dinner, to after dinner liquers, to nightcaps, and the occasional bottles of water, (one does have to stay hydrated!) we made use of it all. We called it the "leave your liver at sea" package. LOL

Now for my question from Lisa: can you tell me if the Jan 24, 2016 14 day Eurodam Eastern/Western Caribbean itinerary will be included in the promo?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

How exciting that you say ALL of Alaska 2016 will get it. We had booked already for our 14-night Great Land Explorer for May 23, 2016 and waiting impatiently for the Explore4 to hopefully be coming up. LAFFNVEGAS can you please check your list and let me know that you see the actual date on your list please. THANKS SO MUCH. We had used this the last time we went on the 14 day Alaska trip and it was awesome. Curious how much more it is going to cost....July 20th hurry up :D Are we included in the OFFER?

LAFFNVEGAS....You passed my post up by accident I am sure. Please let me know about my cruise too. THANKS

I don't care what they call it, Signature Beverage Package, or Explore 4; all I know is we thoroughly enjoyed having it during our trans-Atlantic crossing last fall. From the mimosas at breakfast to specialty coffees from the Explorer's Lounge, to cool-down drinks on the aft pool deck, to pre-dinner cocktails, to wine with dinner, to after dinner liquers, to nightcaps, and the occasional bottles of water, (one does have to stay hydrated!) we made use of it all. We called it the "leave your liver at sea" package. LOL

Now for my question from Lisa: can you tell me if the Jan 24, 2016 14 day Eurodam Eastern/Western Caribbean itinerary will be included in the promo?

Gerry

Haha!:) My DH considered it a training session. We had the SBP for 42 days on the Maasdam last year, and when we went on the Westerdam this Spring without it, found we drank a lot more than we ever had before! We definitely had upped our intake, so HAL did very well by us! I imagine that is one of the reasons that it is worth their while to bring the promo back time and again.

[/color]

LAFFNVEGAS....You passed my post up by accident I am sure. Please let me know about my cruise too. THANKS

Sorry I did miss it, but are you sure that is what it is called? What ship? I am not seeing anything called that :o

Sorry to disagree but HAL has NEVER EVER had Inside cabins included for the Explore4, they have had some promotions that over lapped during Explore4 that gave some ship board credit and dinner at Canaletto but what is happening this time is the Inside cabin will get the same as an Ocean View and Balcony. The Inside cabin will definitely be getting the Beverage Package this time so this is BIG News.

The main reason is their competition is actually NCL NOT Celebrity in this case . NCL recently added Interior cabins to pick one of the amenities and of course one of them is a Beverage Package

The original version of Explore4 did include inside cabins. Here is a link to a thread from 2013 with the original promotion. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1885453

Hi Lisa, hope you don't mind another question? Is the 13 day Veendam April 24, 2016 east cruise on the list? Thanks!

That's great news. We are also on the 24 April Veendam cruise and will be happy to get that perk...

While I would love to get Explore4 on an upcoming 21 day cruise in 2016, the fare has risen $800 pp since I booked! For $1600 less, I guess I am better off staying with what I have.

Dave, is this the first time on a cruise that long? What is your destination and what ship?

While I would love to get Explore4 on an upcoming 21 day cruise in 2016, the fare has risen $800 pp since I booked! For $1600 less, I guess I am better off staying with what I have.

I'm not sure Dave. We are also on the 21 day Panama Canal Westerdam on March 12, 2016 If explore 4 is offered we will have to seriously analyze current perks/price vs drink package which is over $2000 for the two of us.

Hey Gerry, Yes it is

Thanks for the info Lisa, I'll have to see if I can use any of my friend's livers, just in case mine won't hold up for the full 2 weeks! LOL

Thanks for the info Lisa, I'll have to see if I can use any of my friend's livers, just in case mine won't hold up for the full 2 weeks! LOL

We're confident that you can do it, Gerry! Take one for the team!

Otherwise, you might have to go back to the Institute of Cheer and take a refresher course.;)

I'm not sure Dave. We are also on the 21 day Panama Canal Westerdam on March 12, 2016 If explore 4 is offered we will have to seriously analyze current perks/price vs drink package which is over $2000 for the two of us.

I know that HAL says the drink package is worth $100/day per couple, but this will vary by couple. For some it is worth more than that, while others will save alot less.

So, everyone has to look at it for themselves.

In our case, the fare goes up by $1600 and we lose $100 in OBC, so difference is $1700. I know we do not drink that much over 21 days.