Ahoy, Sailaway Addicts!

Vict0riann

Hope everyone is having a happy summer!:) I check the Port Everglades webcam every once in a while, and I noticed today that PTZ have a bunch of new webcams, including a Kitty Cat cam! There are a few cruise ships around, too, nothing HAL of course, but I can't wait for the first sailaway of the season. Does anyone know when it will be?

Hope everyone is having a happy summer!:) I check the Port Everglades webcam every once in a while, and I noticed today that PTZ have a bunch of new webcams, including a Kitty Cat cam! There are a few cruise ships around, too, nothing HAL of course, but I can't wait for the first sailaway of the season. Does anyone know when it will be?

not sure, but just looking at the Future Cruise Listing, Oct. 16th could be the first one? I hope I am wrong and someone can correct me and mention an earlier one ;)

Hi, fellow addicts! Loving the long days of summer (most of which are spent at the town pool) but do miss our sail-away fun. Looks like I will miss the first one and perhaps the second one getting back from a cruise.

I have to admit, I look at the Kitty Cam first....and the NJ wildlife cam.

Ft Lauderdale and POM have been dead all summer as far as ships....all gone to the Med & up north. During the 'winter' here in south Florida, it's amazing they can find docks for all those ships! And now they want to expand the Port of Miami to a new terminal next the the American Airlines Arena (well, they've been talking about it for 10 or so years.....). I worked in a building on Biscayne Blvd overlooking the port and was so bored during the summer with no ships in to look at.....then the boss moved me away from the window so I retired. :D

Thanks for starting this thread!

I, too, check the PE Cam and often watch it on Saturday/Sunday when there is some cruise liner activity. I regularly watch the Bermuda and Port Canaveral cams and the NY cams once in awhile. Once in awhile the Disney ships will play there tune upon departure out of PC. The Enchantment of the Seas used to dock west of where the cam was located and, if a certain Captain was aboard, there would be lots of tooting and he would be on the Bridge wing waving. The ship now docks East of the cam and does not sail by; thus, no tooting other than the customery one blast on the whistle to signify moving from the pier.

I will miss the beginning of Sailaway Season due to still sailing on the Statendam's final HAL voyage.

I hope all of the Addicts are enjoying a safe and pleasant Summer (or Winter downunder).

During Carnival Valor's Sailaway from Port Canaveral this afternoon, two nice blasts on the ship's horn were heard. Unusual, inasmuch as I have watched other sailaways for her and they were silent. New Master at the helm?

The Disney ship left silently.

I was just catching up on some threads I had missed when I read that Westerdam was going to stay on the west coast for the fall/winter season of 2016/2017. That means we really have to savor the "Queen of Horns" tooting this year!

I was just catching up on some threads I had missed when I read that Westerdam was going to stay on the west coast for the fall/winter season of 2016/2017. That means we really have to savor the "Queen of Horns" tooting this year!

Oh, my! And I doubt if any of the webcams on the west coast have sound!:eek: