Afternoon Savories for Concierge Class

DaisyGirl55

When I cruised to Alaska in 2007 on Celebrity Mercury we did so in a Concierge Class cabin. I loved the flowers in the bathroom, the fluffy rug, and my afternoon plate of cheese and fruit. (I requested cheese and fruit instead of the pastries, and they were delicious!)

We are booked on the Solstice next year, returning to Alaska for our 40th anniversary, and are once again booked in a CC cabin.

Have there been any changes to this cabin class? Upgrades or cutbacks? Just wondering if I should keep this cabin type of perhaps look at a different class.

We were in a CC on Reflection in 2013, one flower stem that lasted 5 days. The afternoon munchies were not worth going back to the cabin for, but if you are there getting ready for dinner or such, they are ok.

Nothing about the cabins has been altered.

Happy Anniversary :)

If you want the snacks you have to be in the cabin to accept, fruit sat for several days we were not interested. The flower was nice lasted about 5 days. I would not book CC again , not worth it to me.

J.

If you want the snacks you have to be in the cabin to accept, fruit sat for several days we were not interested. The flower was nice lasted about 5 days. I would not book CC again , not worth it to me.

J.

Especially on an S Class ship as the rooms are the same size as the regular veranda staterooms. At least on the M Class ships the CC staterooms are bigger than the regular veranda cabins.

Edited by CruisingChick

We had CC and AQ on our two cruises this year. No flowers. Fruit in the bowl....didn't want it, though. The afternoon trays were not appealing at all to us or our travel friends. We got them once or twice and never ordered again. DH did like the olives on the Infinity; no olives on the Millie.

On Summit in April, my parents had a Concierge cabin and we had a regular veranda cabin. I don't remember them getting flowers but they did have fruit and champagne on arrival and daily snacks.

They had to put a card on their door each day specifying what time they wanted the snacks delivered. The funny thing is that neither of my parents can hear well so they couldn't hear the knock on their door. I had to go to their cabin every day to listen for the knock. :) Another funny thing about the snacks is that they didn't come with any napkins or utensils and some of the items were not finger food.

Personally, I don't think the Concierge cabin was worth the extra cost, but my parents enjoyed it. They got more on-board credit than we did too.

Here are a couple of pics:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

CruisinCrow has described it very accurately and the pictures are great. I think on our recent cruise the appetizers were much better...just like the picture above. Our fruit was great. We got a variety of bananas, oranges, grapes (which we liked the most) apples and pears. We were not in the room several times and we got the appetizers. However, if we failed to fill out our the form and place it in the mail area outside the door we didn't get anything.

Unless the upcharge is very minimal, I wouldn't waste my money on CC. The perks sound good but in reality are not worth much at all. Be a good consumer and do your research. Things like 'priority boarding' and 'priority seating in the MDR' are meaningless. The bottle of bubbly is worth $28. Fruit readily availablein the Buffet to enjoy in your room. You get the idea. . .

CruisinCrow has described it very accurately and the pictures are great. I think on our recent cruise the appetizers were much better...just like the picture above. Our fruit was great. We got a variety of bananas, oranges, grapes (which we liked the most) apples and pears. We were not in the room several times and we got the appetizers. However, if we failed to fill out our the form and place it in the mail area outside the door we didn't get anything.

We enjoyed them

On our May Alaska cruise on the Infinity, it was an adventure each day to see what would be on the appetizer plate. The question is how much extra would you pay each day for 1 taco chip and a little guacamole, 5 olives, a melon-ball sized scoop of ceviche and a toothpick with a cherry tomato and piece of cheese with no utensils to eat the ceviche with. Our conclusion was that, in Concierge, you are actually paying for a better cabin location (and on "M" class a larger cabin). The listed perks are minimal and don't add much to your overall enjoyment of the cruise.

On our last two CC trips we did ask our steward for cheese and crackers instead of the usual items. They were brought/left each day as long as we put a time card out in the morning. We also asked him to leave the plate whether we were there or not. It was much more substantial than the usual fare and had tasty cheeses.

I haven't seen Champagne; rather, it has been sparkling wine.

On S class (cannot recall on M class), you get a footstool on the Balcony.

Some CC are in better locations.

More Club points.

The only reason I have booked recently is small price difference and more perks of the 123 variety. I'm not sure there is much of an advantage under the new pricing system, but time will tell.

Thank you to everyone who replied! We have only cruised Celebrity one time, but we enjoyed the difference in a Celebrity cruise compared to our normal cruise choices. Every line has a unique quality to offer, and we enjoy them all for the differences between them

In talking it over with my DH, we are keeping our room and the location we have on the hump. Between the premium drink package, the prepaid gratuities and $550 OBC we got for booking this cruise we will stay where we are.

If I have any more questions, I know where to go! You guys are great :)

CC class is a joke. The only real perk is that you get a better location with your cabin. When we booked our last three cruises the price for the balcony cabins always had obstructed views. There are a few that are not obstructed but you have to be one of the first to book cause there are only a few. We have chosen the last three times only because of the location. Oh yea you can get your shoes shined!

The amenities may be a joke, but the deal Celebrity was running for the all inclusive before the BBB came out for CC or higher was excellent- prepaid grats, $300 OBC, and premium beverage package. My TA gave me an additional $225 OBC, and I got $250 off the celebrity site price, and I booked onboard so got another $300 OBC (10 nighter)...

So $825 OBC, Free grats, and premium package for the 2 of us.... and I paid $70 more than the regular balcony room.

That's why it made sense. I could careless about a Dole pineapple fruit cup and a footstool lol

Edited by mikeysed

Agree, we got that deal on our upcoming Solstice Alaska if we booked cc, so we did, but IMO, if we hadn't I would've gone with a Veranda.

You can always purchase a vase of flowers and get free room service fruit and cheese tray....much less than the up charge on a CC.;)

Edited by BecciBoo

My understanding is that flowers are no longer included in CC. We just pick up a nice bouquet at the port before boarding ($14.99 at Publix) and ask our steward for a vase. They last the entire 14 days of the cruise.

Great idea!

We recently returned from CC class on Constellation. On our first day we asked the steward if we could have a cheese plate instead of the canapés every afternoon between 4-5 pm they turned up regularly as clockwork and we were never in the cabin at that time. Enjoyed them when we did get in [emoji3]