USA Today Travel: Why you want a balcony cabin on your next cruise

-Lew-

USA Today Travel: [URL="http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/cruise-101/2015/07/16/why-book-a-balcony-cabin-on-a-cruise-ship/30080611/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomtravel-topstories"]Why you want a balcony cabin on your next cruise[/URL]

Enjoy...

Lew

[quote name='NorthForkPayette']That's an easy decision for $100 each. I really wanted a balcony room on my first cruise coming up in September to Alaska. It would have costed us something like $1,200+. We booked this week for a trip in early September so maybe that's why it was so much.[/quote]
[B]Completely off topic, sorry, but I had to tell you that I used to live in Payette and rarely meet anyone that lives there. I worked first for American Fine Foods which became Chiquita and then Seneca Foods. :p

To get back on topic, Alaska is one of the most scenic cruises to have a balcony. If you can't swing it now then maybe another time when you can book earlier and then look for specials. A good TA should be able to help with that. Bon Voyage! :):)[/B]

[quote name='-Lew-']USA Today Travel: [URL="http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/cruise-101/2015/07/16/why-book-a-balcony-cabin-on-a-cruise-ship/30080611/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomtravel-topstories"]Why you want a balcony cabin on your next cruise[/URL]

Enjoy...

Lew[/quote]

I hope that people who see the pictures that accompany that article do not expect balconies on the Royal and Regal to be that big.

[quote name='caribill']I hope that people who see the pictures that accompany that article do not expect balconies on the Royal and Regal to be that big.[/QUOTE]

Of course they used the most glamorous pictures for this article. I like how they make a disclaimer about putting stuff on the balcony. They should have made one about the smooching on the balcony, too. :D

[quote name='-Lew-']USA Today Travel: [URL="http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/cruise-101/2015/07/16/why-book-a-balcony-cabin-on-a-cruise-ship/30080611/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomtravel-topstories"]Why you want a balcony cabin on your next cruise[/URL]

Enjoy...

Lew[/QUOTE]

[B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Thanks Lew! Interesting reading although we are already hooked on Mini's & Suites![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[quote name='RetiredNTraveling'][B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Thanks Lew! Interesting reading although we are already hooked on Mini's & Suites![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Don't they generally have balconies? :confused:

[quote name='shredie']Of course they used the most glamorous pictures for this article. I like how they make a disclaimer about putting stuff on the balcony. They should have made one about the smooching on the balcony, too. :D[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wait, what? There's no smooching allowed on the balcony anymore?! Is this retroactive?? Is there a fine??? Does it go on my, er, someone's permanent record????

Ahem. Not that it's a big deal to me . . . just asking for a friend.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

here is my take regarding balconies.

For upcoming trip on the Coral for partial panama canal, we booked a mini suite with covered balcony-- Since there are many sea days, the balcony will give the illusion of more space. How much time we will actually spend on it, who knows? I can't stand heat and humidity- so maybe early in the am or late afternoon?

On our Bermuda trip on Celebrity- we spent no time at all on the small balcony- too busy with other things and too hot and humid for us anyway. We only booked this cabin class due to location and a dining room inclusion (Blu)

For our Alaska cruise on the Saphire years ago, our balcony was priceless- UBD and UBB - comfortable climate and great scenery.

On an upcoming trip on the Regal with only 1 sea day for New England cruise, we happily booked an inside cabin.
Also, as every one points out, the balconies are all different sizes, so if size matters here, be very careful when booking.

[quote name='rdsqrl'][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wait, what? There's no smooching allowed on the balcony anymore?! Is this retroactive?? Is there a fine??? Does it go on my, er, someone's permanent record????

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yes, um...., you are obviously asking for a "friend". :rolleyes:

While smooching on the balcony is not a problem, attempts to join the balcony club most certainly can be and not advised. This is particularly true when in port! Yes, it has been done with not so good results.

[quote name='satxdiver']
While smooching on the balcony is not a problem, attempts to join [COLOR="Red"]the balcony club[/COLOR] most certainly can be and not advised. This is particularly true when in port! Yes, it has been done with not so good results.[/QUOTE]

Is that what they call it now? LOL. :D

[quote name='rdsqrl'][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wait, what? There's no smooching allowed on the balcony anymore?! Is this retroactive?? Is there a fine??? Does it go on my, er, someone's permanent record????

[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

This is where the covered, or at least party covered balconies come into play. Of course the bump-out balconies are "right out"!

Most of the Princess cruisers (OK, almost ALL of the Princess cruisers I have seen) are [I]not[/I] the cruisers I want to look down upon while in the throes of passion.

Hmmm... I must be getting old. I don't even want to look down on Carnival passengers engaged in lustful activities.

Poop.

[quote name='Thrak']"right out"!

Most of the Princess cruisers (OK, almost ALL of the Princess cruisers I have seen) are [I]not[/I] the cruisers I want to look down upon while in the throes of passion.

[/quote]

With CCTV for safety issues on the ships these days, no balcony remains private.

[quote name='Thrak']Most of the Princess cruisers (OK, almost ALL of the Princess cruisers I have seen) are [I]not[/I] the cruisers I want to look down upon while in the throes of passion.[/QUOTE]

The dancers would be a different story!

Tim Donovan has a joke:

The other day I discovered a hole in the wall between my
office and the dancers' dressing room.

I thought about it, and decided...

...let them look!

[quote name='caribill']I hope that people who see the pictures that accompany that article do not expect balconies on the Royal and Regal to be that big.[/QUOTE]

I would like to say that the pictures represent all different sizes of balconies found on ships. There are large balconies to be found on Royal and Regal.:)
Enough of us have experienced them and reported this fact back to CC to help those who wish to have a larger balcony.

Enjoy...

Lew[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="4"]Lew;

Thanks for sharing the link.....:):):)

Bob[/SIZE][/I]

Amen to that but still love my balconies. Next time on Regal/Royal will have to find a larger one...