Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

I, on the other hand, am short. And I really noticed the difference in height between the bottom of the tub, and the bathroom floor, when stepping out of the tub. It seemed a "long way down" to reach the security of the floor. I was always relieved to get in and out of the tub/shower without incident.

Yes, that's quite a step down. Amazing that someone could think the tub bottom is level with the floor. Very dangerous, in my opinion, especially without a chest or shoulder height grab bar. Tub bottoms are inherently slippery.

I actually prefer the small , walkin shower in the veranda stateroom over the elevated tub/shower in the CC suite. And I never had an issue with a clinging shower curtain.
I prefer the veranda shower to the tub/shower in the suite, also. And all the "dread" expressed here over a shower curtain simply causes me to shake my head in wonder. It's a non-issue.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and I are currently staying in a contemporary hotel room. We chuckled when we walked in to find a single high backed arm chair and a metal arm desk chair. We have decided this arrangement is not optimum for us. As we sit and read, DH is in the metal chair with his feet on the bed. I am reading on the bed. The high backed chair is not very comfortable even though it has a small back pillow. Neither would be suitable for dining in the room. Just our opinion after having experienced this arrangement.

My DH and I are currently staying in a contemporary hotel room. We chuckled when we walked in to find a single high backed arm chair and a metal arm desk chair. We have decided this arrangement is not optimum for us. As we sit and read, DH is in the metal chair with his feet on the bed. I am reading on the bed. The high backed chair is not very comfortable even though it has a small back pillow. Neither would be suitable for dining in the room. Just our opinion after having experienced this arrangement.

Architects and interior designers should be forced to live in their buildings/rooms. There's a funny Flanders & Swann song ("Design for Living") about a couple who have designed their London townhouse to a fare-thee-well:

We're terribly House and Garden,

At number seven-B ...

It doesn't make for comfort,

But it simply has to be.

'Cause we're ever so terribly up-to-date,

Contemp-or-ar-or-y!

But it ends with this bit:

But though seven-B is madly gay,

It wouldn't do for every day,

We actually live in seven-A,

In the house next door!

I think that applies to your hotel room, and probably to the new Azamara decor. :)

Just off the Journey, where there was quite a discussion about the existing couch vs the new chair and straight seat. No one likes the new layout, and would much rather prefer to see either new couches, or the existing ones re upholstered to fit the new décor.

It was our first time on Azamara, and although the ships are the same as we cruised on the old "R" ships, the service, and the officer participation in so many areas, just blew us away!

We did an open booking onboard, as we shall return!:);)

Rick

My husband and I stayed at one of the more expensive Sheraton line hotels on FLL Beach several years ago, one night prior to a Regent cruise. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable for sleeping, but there was seating for one person. And it wasn't comfortable to prop up on the bed to read, either; the pillows were too soft. We ticked that one off our list. That big chair just doesn't look all that comfortable.

Architects and interior designers should be forced to live in their buildings/rooms. There's a funny Flanders & Swann song ("Design for Living") about a couple who have designed their London townhouse to a fare-thee-well:

I thought I was the last person alive this side of the pond who remembered Flanders & Swann. I still have their record album "At the Drop of a Hat". Thanks for the reminder of how brilliant they truly were.

• 10 months later...

So after reading all the pages we never did get an answer to the make-up/hair mirror dilemma for women! But if anyone wonders, I am firmly in the bath tub side!

Is someone able to provide an insight into this. I usually did my hair and makeup at the desk. This is does not seem to be an option. Is there any where in the room that a mirror and an electric outlet are in close proximity?

Concur. This discussion is, at best, tacky.

You just replied to a year old thread. The discussion ended 12 months ago - until you brought it back.

Both ships have been remodeled since and despite the mostly negative reactions to the preview suite a year ago reviews from people who have sailed since have been very positive! Apparently even the carpet looks lovely in reality :)