Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

My travel agent has already told Azamara that we want a shower in our CC suite for our three Journey cruises in February.
Learned just now that the Azamara new-build team has confirmed that the refurbished CC suite 8062 on Journey will have a shower...and no tub.

Bonnie????

I sent off an urgent missive this afternoon asking for clarification. Frankly I am unaware of a new published deck plan and thus I do not know the veracity of the information the TA was given.

What I do know is that we would not plan for this type of important information to dribble out bit by bit. There would be an announcement and the deck plans made available.

So on behalf of all of us I apologize for this. Whether it's true or false (specifically marinero44's TA being told shower configuration for her cabin post dry dock), this is not the proper way to inform you, our booked guests.

I will see what I can find out by the end of business tomorrow.

I sent off an urgent missive this afternoon asking for clarification. Frankly I am unaware of a new published deck plan and thus I do not know the veracity of the information the TA was given.

What I do know is that we would not plan for this type of important information to dribble out bit by bit. There would be an announcement and the deck plans made available.

So on behalf of all of us I apologize for this. Whether it's true or false (specifically marinero44's TA being told shower configuration for her cabin post dry dock), this is not the proper way to inform you, our booked guests.

I will see what I can find out by the end of business tomorrow.

I am puzzled by this response. A guest asks a question the answer to which is important to him or her. A prompt response is given by someone who knows the definitive answer. I can't think of anything more "proper" on the part of a responsible and responsive cruise line.

Edited by marinaro44

I am puzzled by this response. A guest asks a question the answer to which is important to him or her. A prompt response is given by someone who knows the definitive answer. I can't think of anything more "proper" on the part of a responsible and responsive cruise line.

I'm not bothered that you were given a definitive answer (assuming it is indeed definitive.) I'm bothered that someone in the company has access to the list of cabins post-drydock, and is piecemeal-ing the information out. That is no way to treat all guests equitably. (And I'll point out it goes double for employees…since as of yet I still do not have a list!)

I am scheduled to be on the phone with various departments this afternoon so I will surely get answers about if there's a list, and if it's ready for release.

Bonnie thanks again for looking into this whole issue. In sure someone knows (many people actually) which cabins have what. It would seem a very easy thing to release that info. I know if I ended up with a tub I sure would like to switch it for a shower :)

The issue, Bonnie, came about when you told us "there will be tubs" but had no specifics as to how many or where. Immediately, there were postings that said things to the effect "if there are going to be showers, I want to be sure to get one" and the converse for tubs.

I asked Azamara via my TA and got an answer I trust. Someone else here has sent emails to Azamara but received no response. When you offer a choice, people will badly want their preference. That's human nature. And, if they don't get it, they will be unhappy.

If Azamara had replaced the old tubs with new, sleeker ones and added grab bars at chest level to make it easier to climb over the side of the tub (and maybe put the bottom of the tub at the same level as the bathroom floor to ease stepping in and out), I suspect no one would have said boo. Like it or not, we've all come to accept that tubs are the way it has been in CC suites, and we've learned to live with it.

Or, if Azamara had decided to join the 21st century and replaced all tubs with walk-in showers, the initial griping from tubsters would have died down before the dry docks were even completed.

But by offering some of each and giving us a choice, you have opened Pandora's Box. Whatever the number of tubs turns out to be, it will be the wrong mix for nearly every cruise--as it has been on Regent's Mariner. People will gripe because they can't get what they want.

They'll want to switch if there's a cancellation. Then they'll find out that the switched suite is under the jogging track two decks above and won't accept the switch because of the "pounding." Or it's under Windows and crew will be moving chairs above their sleeping heads early in the morning. Headaches, galore for your HQ staff.

Lastly, as time goes by, the number of tub aficionados will shrink, as it has consistently over the last 50-60 years, and you'll find you have too many tubs. But maybe by then Quest and Journey will have been sold to the Grace L. Ferguson Storm Door and Cruise Line Company, and all will be well.

Edited by marinaro44

In conversation yesterday with Mr Pimentel and the other senior executives, I was told there is a preliminary list but that "things are in flux...nothing is in stone yet."

In other words, the list is not ready for release.

It shouldn't be too much longer.

In conversation yesterday with Mr Pimentel and the other senior executives, I was told there is a preliminary list but that "things are in flux...nothing is in stone yet."

Thanks for looking into it!

As one CCer...that I appreciate the time and effort and GRACE that you put into your job and the answers you provide to all of us...I can't imagine it is always a very easy job!!! :cool: LuAnn

I do shower but take more baths than showers in hotels and ships .. I started in a CC fro the tub and if I need to move i prefer knowing before my winter cruise on a ship that has been updated without a tub. not paying for space but a tub and butler - not butler and tub. if i need a tub i need to know to move now not in Jan. if i have to pay for a large suite then i will but making us wait stupid.

I do shower but take more baths than showers in hotels and ships .. I started in a CC fro the tub and if I need to move i prefer knowing before my winter cruise on a ship that has been updated without a tub. not paying for space but a tub and butler - not butler and tub. if i need a tub i need to know to move now not in Jan. if i have to pay for a large suite then i will but making us wait stupid.

Which ship are you on? From your previous posts I understand you are on Quest in Asia/Australia/NZ in December and January. Quest won't be refurbished till April 2016, so you won't be affected in December/January.

I believe few people are going to be as willing as Ellbon is to upgrade still further just to get a tub-- which as I've said was the sole reason for my husband and upgrading to CC suite. I don't care about the butlers. Marinaro said everyone was used to the tub/shower combo, so just put in some grab bars and everyone should be happy. I didn't understand the comment about the bottom of the tub being adjusted to be level to the bathroom floor, since as I recall, it was. I also don't think tub/shower combos or tubs are going to be a relic of the past, so I don't think Azamara would not be "joining the 21st century" by continuing to have them. Also, people have always had specific cabin preferences-- many like to be midship, some enjoy being at the stern, some want portside, etc and choose their cabins accordingly. I can't imagine someone being upset (other than Marinaro, apparently) if they got a tub/shower combo rather than walk in shower, since this is what CC suites have always featured. As I've mentioned, I have a 14 day Indonesia cruise booked for December 2016 and 2 weeks with no bathtub really is not okay with me. Thanks to Bonnie for her patience and keeping us all informed!

The issue, Bonnie, came about when you told us "there will be tubs" but had no specifics as to how many or where. Immediately, there were postings that said things to the effect "if there are going to be showers, I want to be sure to get one" and the converse for tubs.

I asked Azamara via my TA and got an answer I trust. Someone else here has sent emails to Azamara but received no response. When you offer a choice, people will badly want their preference. That's human nature. And, if they don't get it, they will be unhappy.

If Azamara had replaced the old tubs with new, sleeker ones and added grab bars at chest level to make it easier to climb over the side of the tub (and maybe put the bottom of the tub at the same level as the bathroom floor to ease stepping in and out), I suspect no one would have said boo. Like it or not, we've all come to accept that tubs are the way it has been in CC suites, and we've learned to live with it.

Or, if Azamara had decided to join the 21st century and replaced all tubs with walk-in showers, the initial griping from tubsters would have died down before the dry docks were even completed.

But by offering some of each and giving us a choice, you have opened Pandora's Box. Whatever the number of tubs turns out to be, it will be the wrong mix for nearly every cruise--as it has been on Regent's Mariner. People will gripe because they can't get what they want.

They'll want to switch if there's a cancellation. Then they'll find out that the switched suite is under the jogging track two decks above and won't accept the switch because of the "pounding." Or it's under Windows and crew will be moving chairs above their sleeping heads early in the morning. Headaches, galore for your HQ staff.

Lastly, as time goes by, the number of tub aficionados will shrink, as it has consistently over the last 50-60 years, and you'll find you have too many tubs. But maybe by then Quest and Journey will have been sold to the Grace L. Ferguson Storm Door and Cruise Line Company, and all will be well.

I cannot express how much I agree with you. As you said, make a firm commitment one way or the other and we will all accept it.

The existing tub is several inches above floor level, compounding the difficulty to get in and out for those of us with leg and/or balance issues. That difference in level is why I can stand up straight in the bathroom but have to stoop when showering in the tub.

The existing tub is several inches above floor level, compounding the difficulty to get in and out for those of us with leg and/or balance issues. That difference in level is why I can stand up straight in the bathroom but have to stoop when showering in the tub.

I, on the other hand, am short. And I really noticed the difference in height between the bottom of the tub, and the bathroom floor, when stepping out of the tub. It seemed a "long way down" to reach the security of the floor. I was always relieved to get in and out of the tub/shower without incident.

I actually prefer the small , walkin shower in the veranda stateroom over the elevated tub/shower in the CC suite. And I never had an issue with a clinging shower curtain.

As one CCer...that I appreciate the time and effort and GRACE that you put into your job and the answers you provide to all of us...I can't imagine it is always a very easy job!!! :cool: LuAnn

Ditto that. I appreciate the effort you put into keeping us all calm and happy.:)

And back to that carpet: In the the latest LCV newsletter Mr. Pimental made reference to carpets that will remind one of river banks (or words to that effect), so we must be seeing the mud spatter from a herd of crossing cattle.:eek:

ditto that. I appreciate the effort you put into keeping us all calm and happy.:)

and back to that carpet: In the the latest lcv newsletter mr. Pimental made reference to carpets that will remind one of river banks (or words to that effect), so we must be seeing the mud spatter from a herd of crossing cattle.:eek:

lol!!!:d:d

And back to that carpet: In the the latest LCV newsletter Mr. Pimental made reference to carpets that will remind one of river banks (or words to that effect), so we must be seeing the mud spatter from a herd of crossing cattle.:eek:

A passing herd of cattle, hmmm. Possibly. My thought was, the "earth wind fire water" effect they were after somehow translated into a carpet that looks like a beach under attack by an oil slick. I saw the photo and thought, "Ooh, gooey stuff." Glad to know it's an intentional style statement. ;)