Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

Maybe Azamara will let us trade amongst ourselves when we find out who has tubs or walk in showers :)

Put the furniture and the bathtubs on wheels, then let passengers swap for themselves after boarding! [if this sounds far-fetched, you should manage a higher-ed building and watch the non-wheel furniture move vast distances under student power!]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

My preference is Walk in shower & sofa combo..... At 5'0" I am toooo short to safely climb in and out of a tub to shower without killing myself. As I'm sooooo short Travel Ins. May consider that a pre-existing condition !!

Being serious, I agree with this spec. DW and I are not that short, but as we age we have found that bathtubs are a dangerous place even on terra firma. A bathtub-size walk-in shower would be a pleasure, and safe!

Yes another vote for walk in showers please. We don't like climbing into the bath to shower! Shows how difficult it is to please everyone!
Ditto. If there must be tubs, limit to a minority percentage. Dangerous to shower in and tall people--like me--can't stand up in Azamara's tubs. (Uktog, if your husband can stand up in the tub he isn't "tall"--by definition.;))

Thanks to everyone who posted the pictures of the newly renovated suite and cabin. We're in a verandah cabin for our first Azamara cruise in August 2016. While I'm very happy we'll still have a love seat, am I the only one who thinks off white is very impractical no matter how "scotch guarded" the fabric might be. Not sure how many of us would choose such a light color for the one sofa in our home that gets the most use.

I know I won't be happy if I walk into our cabin and see a loveseat that looks like it has four years of use as opposed to four months.

Ditto. If there must be tubs, limit to a minority percentage. Dangerous to shower in and tall people--like me--can't stand up in Azamara's tubs. (Uktog, if your husband can stand up in the tub he isn't "tall"--by definition.;))

???? I do not understand this reference to my 6ft other half who detests bath tubs

Can somebody advise procedure on these days for passengers staying on board.

I assume you can breakfast at any time but when we have boarded previously corridors to rooms are normally blocked until approx 2.00pm.

Does that mean as B2B passengers we do not have access to rooms.

If wet would not want to be denied access to room.

Also do we have to attend muster all 3 times or can we register after first time.

We are in same cabin all the time.

Look forward to comments from previous B2B experts.

Well, I have decided that whatever kind of bathing process my suite provides, I will adapt and be grateful that I am onboard and not at home. It was a shock, I'd still prefer a bathtub, but I can handle a shower. I do like the second shower head, because I have a problem washing my hair under a fixed shower head when the ship is moving.

Well, I have decided that whatever kind of bathing process my suite provides, I will adapt and be grateful that I am onboard and not at home. It was a shock, I'd still prefer a bathtub, but I can handle a shower. I do like the second shower head, because I have a problem washing my hair under a fixed shower head when the ship is moving.

I prefer a tub too.. I upgrade for tubs

Yes, you can have a leisurely full breakfast in your room on the B2B day. You will receive a packet with instructions and your new key cards the night before the end of the current cruise. You will be asked to gather, usually in the bar by the main dining room, at 9 AM to get logged out of the previous cruise, and have your card validated, and picture taken for the next cruise. Most times this is done by security on deck 4 but in a few ports we have had to get off the ship, and right back on. Access to your room is available all day to you. It's usually a good day to do your laundry. You must attend each of the drills for each of the cruises. If you miss one because you were off the ship you will have to attend a make up session the next day.

Hate to say it but it looks like a case of style over substance.

Dislike the sharp edges at different levels and only one comfy chair in a two person cabin?? :rolleyes:

I don't mind not having a tub as long as the shower is upgraded with no clingy curtain.

The carpet design looks a mess.

We are in a Club World Owners suite coming up in about a month. Does anyone know if it's been refurbed? The pictures look great

We were in an Owners Suite since it was refurbished. They had one lounge chair, one sofa and one low occasional chair. The low chair was very uncomfortable. I am short, my husband is tall. It didn't work for either of us. The ultra-modern lines of the new soft seating my look good, but isn't very comfortable. We prefer to sit in a chair and not on the bed when reading.

???? I do not understand this reference to my 6ft other half who detests bath tubs

Sorry for the confusion, uktog. Awhile back on another thread about suites, tubs, showers, etc., I wrote that "tall" people could not stand upright in a CC suite tub/shower. You contradicted me by saying your "tall" husband could. I guess I should have phrased it that anyone over 6'2" will not be able to stand upright in a CC suite tub/shower. We have different definitions of "tall."

I haven't forgotten your question about tubs. I'll get back to you when I hear.

Thanks, Bonnie! I and around four-five or so other people on this thread (including Pam and Grandma Ginny (?)) have expressed dismay over the loss of the bathtub (I'm sure there are other Azamara customers who don't post on CC who would also be upset to discover there's no tub). I look forward to hearing from you. My recommendation would be that Azamara retain at least 25% of the Club Continent Suites, with bathtubs. As I said, we were on Journey for South America Christmas/New Year's 2014/2015 cruise and loved our CC suite-- great bathroom, great storage in bathroom for toiletries and in closet and drawers for clothes and stuff (we made use of all the storage!)-- we wouldn't change a thing! We loved the whole ship and staff, too. That was a 12 day cruise. The one we have booked for Christmas 2016 is a 14 day cruise, and candidly, looking at the new CC suite photos, I think it'd be a real challenge to try to store our stuff neatly on a 14 day cruise. But, no tub...for 14 days---arrrrgh!

I am told THERE WILL BE BATHTUBS, but I cannot confirm where until the deck plans are released.

Good news, Bonnie! I missed this post of yours before I sent my last post 5 minutes ago. Can't wait to hear more/see the deckplans! THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry for the confusion, uktog. Awhile back on another thread about suites, tubs, showers, etc., I wrote that "tall" people could not stand upright in a CC suite tub/shower. You contradicted me by saying your "tall" husband could. I guess I should have phrased it that anyone over 6'2" will not be able to stand upright in a CC suite tub/shower. We have different definitions of "tall."

My husband is 6'3" and over our 12 days on Journey (6 months ago trip), he'd take showers every morning, and then, like me, after we'd walked around 5-7 hours in port, he enjoying soaking/relaxing in the bathtub before dinner. He never complained about the height of the shower head (maybe it was set or adjusted higher in our suite) but just to be sure I asked him just now about it specifically and he said it was fine. Sorry it didn't work for you, marinaro44. I fervently hope tubs are retained in some CC suites, as it why we upgrade and we have a 14 day trip booked Christmas 2016.

My husband is 6'3" and over our 12 days on Journey (6 months ago trip), he'd take showers every morning, and then, like me, after we'd walked around 5-7 hours in port, he enjoying soaking/relaxing in the bathtub before dinner. He never complained about the height of the shower head (maybe it was set or adjusted higher in our suite) but just to be sure I asked him just now about it specifically and he said it was fine. Sorry it didn't work for you, marinaro44. I fervently hope tubs are retained in some CC suites, as it why we upgrade and we have a 14 day trip booked Christmas 2016.

Nothing wrong with the shower head. The distance between the floor of the tub and the ceiling is less than 6'3", so your husband has either lost height or was slightly stooping while showering.

Love the look of the new cabins. My two cents on the tub vs shower, as someone with a bad knee,I feel much safer taking a shower than climbing into a tub especially while at sea!

Kathy

I fully understand that! But I feel safer sitting (in the tub) than standing with my eyes closed because I have never managed to take a shower without nearly drowning myself.

I fully understand that! But I feel safer sitting (in the tub) than standing with my eyes closed because I have never managed to take a shower without nearly drowning myself.

Me too when ship is T 16 plus knots.

Always take a C C for that reason

Me too when ship is T 16 plus knots.

Always take a C C for that reason

It's not a safety issue for us in the tub/shower debate. In Azamara's old shower/tub combo, which is pretty ubiquitous in many US hotels and some other cruise lines, you have a choice, you can take a shower or relax in the bath. My husband could take a shower in the morning and then after walking around for hours in port, we liked to relax in the tub before dinner. Speaking of safety, are some of the commenters essentially saying they feel too decrepit to lift their legs 15 inches to get in/out of a tub shower combo? I don't understand that, as then they then need to STAND UP in the shower for awhile. In a tub, its one quick small leg lift and then you can just sit back and relax. Yes, go Ellbon and go me and the others (Pam, etc) who love bathtubs! I'm NOT going to pay the extra money for CC if there is no bathtub-- will either just cancel, downgrade to Veranda or go Seabourn