Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

I'm pretty sure ladies are not going to be very comfortable sitting at that table with no place for their legs/feet to go under it.

Bonnie, can you find out if cabins that sleep more than 2 people today will still have some kind of sofa bed?

It will take me some time to get acclimated to that carpet. Yuk! On the other hand, the cabin attendants will probably love it as dirt will not be very obvious. They can say it's just the pattern. :D

Edited by bob278

I've sent an email to the appropriate person.

Bonnie, would you please amend your email to also ask what will be in the Continental Suites in the way of a couch for those suites that don't sleep more than 2. When we booked, we were sure we would have comfortable places for more than one to sit and now that we have seen the first view of the new suites not so sure we both will have a comfortable place to sit.

Also hope all the comments on this thread get into the appropriate hands as most of the comments are consistant and looking for changes in what we are seeing.

Thanks so much,

Well mine is also a negative reaction to the change, especially the replacement of the sofa bed with one comfy chair and one that looks not at all comfy. We are booked in Club Continent 8056 on the Journey in Nov, 2015, so I guess that is before the retrofit. And the website deck plan show 8056 with a sofa bed, so I guess we will be OK. I am a little curious as to whether I will decide that the Club Continent is worth the extra money over the cost of a regular Verandah. We will see. It's still a rather small stateroom.

Bonnie, can you find out if cabins that sleep more than 2 people today will still have some kind of sofa bed?

We will continue to have sofa beds, although not necessarily in the same staterooms. As soon as we know which staterooms will have sofa beds, and accommodate >2, our deckplans will be updated.

Bonnie, would you please amend your email to also ask what will be in the Continental Suites in the way of a couch for those suites that don't sleep more than 2.

And I understand it is similar situation as to sofas in the Club Continent Suites. Some will have sofas, but not all.

Okay, we can get used to the ugly carpet; it just looks ugly but doesn't really injure us. The chair situation, on the other hand, would quite possibly actually injure the person who had to sit in that second chair for very long. I'm one of those people who does stay in my cabin a lot, and my husband was even more inclined. I"d be the one in the uncomfortable chair, because I always gave him the better sitting space, but now it's just me. As a solo, I wouldn't have the problem; I assume a guest that came to sit for a little while wouldn't get terribly uncomfortable.

The suites offer full restaurant menu room service for every meal; where will two people have dinner? The big chair doesn't look really portable. Again, I'm solo, but I assume I can have a guest for dinner since I'm still paying for that "second passenger" who isn't sailing in my suite.

I'm not trying to be Negative Nellie, I just know that Azamara has said they are spending a virtual fortune to upgrade these ships and I want them to succeed. I also want them to survive, since it seems Azamara will be my future in cruising (coming over from Regent).

Still thinking about that bath tub thing, though.

We will continue to have sofa beds, although not necessarily in the same staterooms. As soon as we know which staterooms will have sofa beds, and accommodate >2, our deckplans will be updated.

And I understand it is similar situation as to sofas in the Club Continent Suites. Some will have sofas, but not all.

Bonnie, thank you so much. It's great to have someone here who has the access you do. Your input is valued more than you can know.

It's good to know but disturbing.

We have two extended trips coming up (45 days on Quest August 2016 and 34 on Journey in February 2017). For now, the deck plans indicate sofa beds in our cabins but if that changes, it would be extremely uncomfortable for that length of time with only one comfortable seat (and we have to assume that the large chair will be comfortable).

Sorry to hear that everyone is so unhappy with everything that Azamara is trying to do to update these ships. I, for one, am just excited to see a more contemporary design onboard next summer. I don't think I have ever sat around the room on any of my cruises on a couch, but I understand that people cruise for different reasons. I am hoping since there doesn't seem to be a lot of positive feedback, that Azamara will be able to correct the areas that will be more to everyone's liking. I know when Crystal renovated the Symphony a few years ago, there was negative feedback about some design decisions in the rooms, and they went back and changed the items that people complained about. I think the rooms look really great (except for the carpet) and I can't wait to see the rest of the ship next year. I just compared the pic I took of our Club Continent Suite over Christmas with the new update, and it's a world of difference. But I hope that Azamara can tweak things here and there that will be to everyone's liking. If Crystal listened to their guests, I am sure Azamara will too.

Michael

I really enjoyed this post and largely agree with it, although I don't think any tweaks they come up with will be to everyone's liking.

I was one who enjoyed the "comfortable" ambience of the present design on board. However, one travels to move beyond what is comfortable and I look forward to experiencing the new design.

To demonstrate the subjectivity of taste, my wife eagerly anticipates these changes. She considered the old design not "comfortable" but "dated".

Don't know how we managed to complete a recent and successful reno of our home. Well, you can probably guess.

Please, Bonnie (and others that can speak to "the powers that be")

We have only been on Azamara ONCE, but we assumed ALL suites had a sofa (whether it made into a bed or NOT)...

Every other cruiseline we have sailed, when we booked a suite HAD a sofa...

and even though the cabin we were in last sailing wasn't specifically MARKED as having a sofa, it HAD one (which we used A LOT)

We do not understand

1) How TWO people sit comfortably when only ONE gets a comfortable chair. That OTHER chair shown in the picture is not only not attractive but looks like something we'd only use as a last resort to sit on...UNCOMFORTABLE and utilitarian

2) How we would DINE IN or enjoy our pre-dinner appetizers using the chairs provided. We used to use the sofa for one of us and the nice soft curved chair for the other...

3) Why there is so much WASTE SPACE under the TV...the counter is so low that I cannot imagine using it to put things on...I just don't "get it"....What purpose is it for?

4) How the carpet choice got past anyone with GOOD TASTE

Re: bathroom changes: not an issue with us..in fact a sizeable shower is a PLUS

I guess when I see these pictures, instead of getting excited, I am getting disappointed, as I feel like we pay a LOT of money to have a suite and we really enjoyed our last one on the Journey...We do not want to feel like we got sent down to a basic cabin that just happens to have a little more room to walk around (basic meaning NO SOFA)

Thanks for any word you can put in...We realize that changes are planned very far in advance and that you can't just alter these plans because ONE couple complains, but still....we had to say SOMETHING...

George and Liz

(currently booked in Cabin 8069 on the Quest for Jan. 2017 and hoping, beyond hope, that there will be a sofa in there ...or AT LEAST two comfortable chairs)

Sorry Bonnie, am a bit confused by your response. I was specifically asking about the Club Continent Suites and you appear to have added something regarding the Veranda Suites as well.

So, will all the Club Continent Suites have a sofa and some of those sofas will be sofa beds and the rest sofas??? Am hoping that is what you meant and that some, but not all Verandas will have sofas.

It's really confusing posting a picture of a Club Continent Suite and not show a sofa at all.

Thanks for the clarification,

That is really so funny. I went back to the pictures, and looked, and looked, and looked, trying to find a white stick. I had no idea what to look for, in a labrador.

Just found another picture of the Suite from a different view and still the same issues plus confirmation that the carpet isn't dirty, it is ugly.

Enjoy and hope Phil can biggerize the photo

I opened that photo and literally laughed out loud. That carpet looksl like my floor after I give the cat a good brushing!

I hope its just the picture, the carpet can't be that ugly!

John

Edited by PSULion

I appreciate you efforts to find out he bath tub situation, as it is an essential item to me and my husband!

The renderings for the refurbishment of the Club Continent Suites (when the upgrade was announced) showed that there would only be a walk in shower and no bath tub, but we await Bonnie's confirmation of this.

azamara-continental-suite-bathroom.jpg.b56da1a91352dafd6ac2316691e773bf.jpg

Well, I found the rendering of what they were aiming for, in the thread where they announced the upcoming changes. Yes, that carpet is splotched randomly. It looks like we are losing the bathtubs, and the shelf in the shower is where the shower head should be. Shampooing your hair is going to be a one-handed thing, because you have to hold the shower head with the other hand? Which isn't all a bad thing, unless you need that other hand to balance in choppy seas.

I have upgraded once to get a bath tub, now the bath tub is going away. I don't think I want to upgrade again. I have almost a year to watch and decide whether or not I can handle 14 days with no bath tub.

And I also hate the office chairs.

It's too bad Azamara is spending this kind of money and getting such negative feedback. I'm new to Azamara, did they ask for opinions about some of this before they plunged in?

There is a shower head above the shelf, in addition to the handheld shower.

I was told that all CC suites will have showers, and that the "saller" side chair in the model will in act be larger in size.

It looked like the redone veranda (6071) was being set up for passengers for today's Quest cruise. Color scheme for veranda is gray and silver, including bathrooms. There is a pivoting spotlight for reading built into the light fixtures on the headboard in both verandas and suites.

Can we discuss the drawer situation? Three large drawers seem to be a downgrade. I remember at least six before. Also what is the drawer situation at the desk area? Looks like only shallow drawers (that will probably hold brochures/ship info etc). I like a drawer to hold my make-up and hair brush at the desk. Is there a plug for the hair dryer at the desk? Is there a hair dryer in the bathroom? Some good improvements, but some concerns.