Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

That is very harsh, firstly the height is more that 15 inches and secondly I do not consider a spinal malfunction places me in the decrepit category.

I am truly sorry utog, I did not mean to hurt or offend you at all! I just measured the heights of the tubs in my own house and the standard tubs' height is 13" and then one of our larger tubs' height is 15," and candidly I don't recall that the tub heights on Azamara seemed any taller than my tallest tub in my own house. Why do you think Azamara's tubs are taller than 15," given that 13" is the norm (in the US anyway)? I hope that Azamara will accommodate us both by retaining some tubs in the CC suites, as I'm not the only one that upgrades to CC suite for them-- and then putting in showers only in other suites.

13" - 15" I can assure you that my tub at home is much higher than that! I am 5' tall if I stand up very tall and include my messy hair. For me to get into a bathtub, well let's just say it is usually more difficult than lifting a leg.! If it wasn't 2:30am I would go in there and measure but DH would kill me (means no cruise for me) if I wake him up!

When we sail Regent we enjoy the separate showers on Voyager or make sure to get the shower only cabins on Mariner.

Edited by JVilleGal

Speaking of safety, are some of the commenters essentially saying they feel too decrepit to lift their legs 15 inches to get in/out of a tub shower combo? I don't understand that, as then they then need to STAND UP in the shower for awhile. In a tub, its one quick small leg lift and then you can just sit back and relax

As I have bone on bone arthritis in my R knee, it is very hard to climb in and out of a tub.At hotels when I travel for work I am happy to see grab bars. It is almost impossible to sit in a tub, soak for a while and then try to stand. I can stand all day pain free.....

Certain knee movements are very difficult.

I hope that Azamara will accommodate us both by retaining some tubs in the CC suites, as I'm not the only one that upgrades to CC suite for them-- and then putting in showers only in other suites.

I agree. Finding an acceptable ratio may a small challenge.

From Bonnie's post, I take it that that will be the offering.

Edited by nordski

Well, when the time comes (2017), if it is possible to switch without "messing up" the reservations and the offers we bought in for, we would be very happy to trade with anyone who needs a bathtub....

We are fortunate that the dimensions etc. of tub vs. shower don't make any big difference to us....We don't use the "tub" part anyway...too hard to get up and down... but are able to step into it for a shower....

Hopefully, we will know soon at least WHICH cabins will be shower and which tub....

We are more concerned about the SEATING in the room and storage space...

2 comfortable chairs and putting back more drawer space (oh and the mirror:p) would definitely make us happy campers....

Liz

Out of curiosity, I just measured the tub in my guest bathroom; it's 19 1/2" tall. It isn't a standard tub, we upgraded a bit when we built the house.

And if I had to choose between tub and comfortable seating/adequate storage, I'd manage with the shower.

I forgot to ask; are the electrical receptacles in the bathroom the kind you can plug a hair dryer into? I have only ever seen "razor" receptacles before.

Edited by Pam
add question

I forgot to ask; are the electrical receptacles in the bathroom the kind you can plug a hair dryer into? I have only ever seen "razor" receptacles before.

The ones they have at the moment are shavers only.

This is a picture of the Club Continent Suite bathroom I haven't seen before. It gives a wider aspect. Shower only.

image.jpg1_zpsm2qfiuqa.jpg

Phil

Out of curiosity, I just measured the tub in my guest bathroom; it's 19 1/2" tall. It isn't a standard tub, we upgraded a bit when we built the house.

And if I had to choose between tub and comfortable seating/adequate storage, I'd manage with the shower.

I finally measured mine and its 23 high and 10 across and then another 23 down.... Yep:eek: not a pretty picture is it!

It's not a safety issue for us in the tub/shower debate. In Azamara's old shower/tub combo, which is pretty ubiquitous in many US hotels and some other cruise lines, you have a choice, you can take a shower or relax in the bath. My husband could take a shower in the morning and then after walking around for hours in port, we liked to relax in the tub before dinner. Speaking of safety, are some of the commenters essentially saying they feel too decrepit to lift their legs 15 inches to get in/out of a tub shower combo? I don't understand that, as then they then need to STAND UP in the shower for awhile. In a tub, its one quick small leg lift and then you can just sit back and relax. Yes, go Ellbon and go me and the others (Pam, etc) who love bathtubs! I'm NOT going to pay the extra money for CC if there is no bathtub-- will either just cancel, downgrade to Veranda or go Seabourn

OUCH! what a word to use!! Last time I checked...I don't think I am in that category?? How old do you think we are? And do you really think "decrepit" people travel around the world all the time? I don't use a tub...I used one when I was growing up...as a kid...but as an adult I shower. So...as a "non-decrepit" AZ passenger...you can have any and all cabins with a tub...I won't be interested. So book away...and please...next time..think about what terms you use to describe people you don't even know!! :( and what they can or can not do or are interested in!!! LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

Funny how people are so different. While I might take a bath at home in my spa tub, I would absolutely NEVER use one in a hotel or cruise ship. The ick ick icky factor [emoji15] and exactly how clean is that tub. Sorry never ever gonna happen! I will happily trade my tub for a shower should we need to do the big Cabin switch!

Where to start.. I am in Ireland and have used the tub in half the hotels not the shower. Had three hotels with lack of counter space.

Now I am in most fir two or three nights abd hate the lack if. Outer space.

This picture tells me I will have everything above the toilet as I am nit reaching down several times a day to get my toothbrush or lotions.

Huge wasted space between sink and wall and towel is hang low even for petite me.

Oh and I got the weird sink again and hate doing laundry in it

Funny how people are so different. While I might take a bath at home in my spa tub, I would absolutely NEVER use one in a hotel or cruise ship. The ick ick icky factor [emoji15] and exactly how clean is that tub. Sorry never ever gonna happen! I will happily trade my tub for a shower should we need to do the big Cabin switch!

Haha!! This is exactly what i've been thinking while reading all these posts. I know we're all different, but it creeps me out to think about sitting in a tub where hundreds of other feet and butts have been. I even put a towel down on the shower floor so my feet don't touch it. Sitting in a tub is beyond an ick factor. Having disclosed my OCD, I do think some of the rooms should have tubs for those who are so inclined.

Michael

Haha!! This is exactly what i've been thinking while reading all these posts. I know we're all different, but it creeps me out to think about sitting in a tub where hundreds of other feet and butts have been. I even put a towel down on the shower floor so my feet don't touch it. Sitting in a tub is beyond an ick factor. Having disclosed my OCD, I do think some of the rooms should have tubs for those who are so inclined.

Michael

Thank you, Michael, for sticking up for we tub lovers. We've always found ship and hotel tubs to be immaculate, as its not hard to use bleach or whatever cleaning agents on a porcelain tub to make it super clean. I'm surprised you're not more worried about the beds--yeah, they wash the sheets, but unless the mattresses are encased in plastic coverings who knows what's harbored within... Personally, I don't worry about the beds/mattresses or it'd be hard to travel!

Geez, 19 1/2 " is sure a tall tub-- you said it isn't standard, is it one of the Victorian style tubs with claw feet? Or a Japanese soaking tub? Well, doesn't truly matter, Pam, I think we both like tubs and as I've said no tub in a "luxury suite" for 14 days is a no go for my husband and I.

The ones they have at the moment are shavers only.

This is a picture of the Club Continent Suite bathroom I haven't seen before. It gives a wider aspect. Shower only.

image.jpg1_zpsm2qfiuqa.jpg

Phil

Hmm, I only see one hanging hand towel next to the sink. My husband and I each like our own. I also don't see even a shaver outlet? I can't tell if this is a photograph or an artist rendering.

Hmm, I only see one hanging hand towel next to the sink. My husband and I each like our own. I also don't see even a shaver outlet? I can't tell if this is a photograph or an artist rendering.

Firstly, I've already said the redone bathroom on Quest has a shaver outlet, so I don't know why you're asking. This picture is not of a real bathroom. The shower hardware is reversed on the real one rather than as shown here. There is a towel bar to the shower side of the sink in the real bathroom that will hold two hand towels.

The 19 1/2" measurement on my tub was outside, from tile floor to top of rim; that may be the wrong way to measure. But it isn't on feet, it may be a "soaking tub". My husband and I were shopping for fixtures, and that is the one we picked out so it may well be oversized. It is larger than a hotel tub, but I don't really know what is standard in a tub size.

Firstly, I've already said the redone bathroom on Quest has a shaver outlet, so I don't know why you're asking. This picture is not of a real bathroom. The shower hardware is reversed on the real one rather than as shown here. There is a towel bar to the shower side of the sink in the real bathroom that will hold two hand towels.

Goodness gracious, no need to be so condescending and nasty. I wasn't actually asking you anything. Simply wondering out loud about the shaver outlet and whether if it were there it would be switched to a regular outlet for a hairdryer. Glad to know there's another towel bar.

Goodness gracious, no need to be so condescending and nasty. I wasn't actually asking you anything. Simply wondering out loud about the shaver outlet and whether if it were there it would be switched to a regular outlet for a hairdryer. Glad to know there's another towel bar.

Good for you for speaking up. I don't know how many times I have written a reply and then exited before posting my thoughts on the Azamara forum. Before our first cruise, the Azamara forum was so helpful, polite, informative and a very pleasant experience in learning things about our new choice for cruising. Since 2012 this forum has become very confrontational on many topics. We really like Azamara and hope to continue to cruise with them, but they are not perfect and I don't always agree with every decision they make. I have been reprimanded a couple of times for my opinions. Makes me very gun shy to post here anymore.

I have been startled by the tone of some of the posts, also; most of us are still dealing with the changes and as a pp said, thinking "out loud". I would still like to know, whether somebody wants to snark about it or not, if the electrical outlet in the bathroom will support a hair dryer.

I have been startled by the tone of some of the posts, also; most of us are still dealing with the changes and as a pp said, thinking "out loud". I would still like to know, whether somebody wants to snark about it or not, if the electrical outlet in the bathroom will support a hair dryer.

The person who viewed the remodled bathroom stated that the plug was for shavers only. That said, that plug will definately NOT support a hair dryer.

From personal knowledge, it is highly unlikely that any cruise line would put an outlet capable of supporting a hair dryer in any bathroom. The wiring is intentionally only large enough to support the minimal shaver requirements and running additional large enough wiring would be extremely expensive. Also, water and electricity simply don't mix and why the bath plugs on ships are only for shavers. At least in the US and assume elsewhere, we have GFI plugs anywhere near the possibility of water. These plugs will shut off the electricity at the plug should any water get on it to protect the user. These plugs are not used on ships due to the likelyhood of water spraying and ships rolling so highly doubt any ships bathroom will ever support hair dryers which require a high amount of power.

From personal knowledge, it is highly unlikely that any cruise line would put an outlet capable of supporting a hair dryer in any bathroom. The wiring is intentionally only large enough to support the minimal shaver requirements and running additional large enough wiring would be extremely expensive. Also, water and electricity simply don't mix and why the bath plugs on ships are only for shavers. At least in the US and assume elsewhere, we have GFI plugs anywhere near the possibility of water. These plugs will shut off the electricity at the plug should any water get on it to protect the user. These plugs are not used on ships due to the likelyhood of water spraying and ships rolling so highly doubt any ships bathroom will ever support hair dryers which require a high amount of power.

Yes, that's what I suspect. The only hairdryers I've ever seen in bathrooms are those built in types with the vacuum cleaner hoses that get really hot, and the shaver outlet is built into that. I think the general fear amongst the ladies is that there's no mirror over the desk where you CAN plug in a hairdryer and that will be a struggle. Somebody (Seabourn? Crystal?) has a large lighted makeup mirror that props up on the desk, and on our Viking Ocean cruise the top of the desk opened and there was a lighted mirror on the underside. It was a GREAT idea in theory, but in practice you had to move all the stuff (phone, vox recorders, etc.) every time you wanted to open it. I'll be fine either way as I've been drying a version of the same haircut for so long I no longer need to see what I'm doing :D