Blogging 2015 Voyage of the Vikings

jaspersmycat

I am going to be blogging the 35-day Voyage of the Vikings starting this Saturday July 25. If you are interested, please follow along.

http://elsiestravelblog.wordpress.com

FYI - the entries so far have been made to practice and make sure I understand how to do this from my tablet. They are not representative of future posts.

Thanks for writing a blog. I know the time, money and effort it takes however it does become fun (and I actually miss doing it when I get home). The blog becomes a great reminder of your trip when it is over.

Wish you would do a regular thread on CC.

I lose track of blogs.

KK, if you go to the page of the blog, there is a follow me link. Fill in your email address and you will get each new post delivered to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time. This is the only way I can keep up with all the blogs I follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This should be a great trip to follow along with. We jsut recently started blogging as well, and it has been a fun ride so far. A live blog would save loads of time on my part... I may try that next time. :)

Have a great trip! I look forward to reading.

Got the bog site bookmarked and am looking forward to reading it. Hope you put some pictures in the blog. We have looked at doing this cruise also. Need to see how the cruise is thru your blog and determine if it is worth the price. Thanks.

KK, if you go to the page of the blog, there is a follow me link. Fill in your email address and you will get each new post delivered to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time. This is the only way I can keep up with all the blogs I follow.

I know that I can do that -- but I give out my e-mail addresses to only a handful of people.

And I really don't want to set up another e-mail address.

KK,

I understand about the e-mail address. Another option, I simply add the blog site to my bookmarked sites (just click and drag to the appropriate bookmark group) and then delete once the cruise is done. When active I keep them in the same collection as several newspapers which I check daily - easy to check on the blog as well as only one click is needed. Also, the blog materials are not interrupted by comments by others or off topic conversations as sometimes happens on CC. Yes folks can comment, but usually you have to actually click on them separately. Just an option.

Thank you. It was easy peasy to bookmark the blog so I can check in whenever I wish.

Some years ago a number of us did a HAL inaugural cruise. We were going to blog a "Live from..." thread. However, there was WAY too much input here about how we should do this. :rolleyes: As one CC member on the cruise put it - "We're giving them a present and they're complaining about how it is wrapped!" Not surprisingly a fair number of us decided not to participate in the 'Live from...' threads on that cruise. Actually I'm not sure if the person who made that comment has done a 'Live from..' since. No doubt you have friends and family who don't frequent these parts and your blog works for them. I appreciate the time, effort, and cost involved in doing such a blog. I encourage you do whatever works for you. :)

Our TA has a group on board your cruise. We were tempted to go, but the timing didn't work out. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Bon Voyage.

Thx for the tip! I just did that. I have no email sensetivity :).