Latitudes Platinum Question

cruisincorgi

Our last cruise with both of us platinum, we only got 1 laundry bag and one chocolate box.

Somewhat condescending cruise consultant onboard too. I was disappointed....

BTW, Jewel last Spring.

Since this thread is titled "Latitudes Platinum Question",

I'd like to ask about the "complimentary concierge service" as one of the benefits.

Why go to the cruise consultant?

I want to know what the concierge is willing to do for us ?

Since this thread is titled "Latitudes Platinum Question",

I'd like to ask about the "complimentary concierge service" as one of the benefits.

Why go to the cruise consultant?

I want to know what the concierge is willing to do for us ?

Usually nothing, NCL thinks nowadays that for Platinum members the Cruise Consultant is a replacement for the Concierge.

See this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2239197

Our next cruise, will be the first as platinum members(me and DW). It's September 6, on the Breakaway. So it's prior to the a la carte changes taking effect in October. I have 2 questions about the dinner. Since we get 2 of them, we may want to go somewhere other than Le Bistro, for one of them. I'd read on another thread, you could use them for Moderno or La Cucina. With all the changes going on, I'm assuming that's still true????? Also, for the wine - Do they give you a small list of wines you can get, or the normal wine list with maximum amount they'll pay for. If the latter, can you use the max and pay the difference for a more expensive wine?

<snip> Also, for the wine - Do they give you a small list of wines you can get, or the normal wine list with maximum amount they'll pay for. If the latter, can you use the max and pay the difference for a more expensive wine?

The wine list is a much smaller complimentary list.

First, you've looked at the list of benefits at NCL.com, right?

You each get a bag of laundry done for $0 per cruise, and you will also get two free dinners for two (total: one/platinum) at select upcharge restaurants plus a bottle of wine with dinner.

You should also both get a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin; sometimes that works out and sometimes not. Just ask your cabin steward if you don't get the second one.

You also technically should get 2 tiny boxes of chocolates. . .

our last 2 cruises we have only gotten one box or chocolates and never heard of 2 bottles of bubbly.

I've also read that sometimes people only get one free dinner. No experience myself, just what I've read on CC.

--Michael

I have never heard some only got 1 dinner. We have always gotten 2: 2 do Le Bistro and Modernos. I can't imagine anyone saying they only got one.

I've heard that you can ask your cabin steward to switch it to regular wine? Anyone know for sure?

We have always done this. Once we asked our cabin steward, the other times we have just taken it to the reception desk or the nearest bar: never had a problem.

EMMAK8, what do you think you should get, a free cruise or a gift cert for $100? 2 dinners, each for 2 people, with a bottle of wine each time: wine in your cabin; chocolates and cho covered strawberries, free laundry service, 25% off on photographs, discounts in the gift shop; early debarkation in ports, plus a special wine and cheese tasing party toward the end of the cruise: what more do you think should be given? The only things listed for the OP were the top perks.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I have never heard some only got 1 dinner. We have always gotten 2: 2 do Le Bistro and Modernos. I can't imagine anyone saying they only got one.

IIRC there were a few posts some time ago where some Platinum members seemed to get short-changed. It appeared to be only on one ship and was generally thought to be a 'rogue' staff member.

IIRC there were a few posts some time ago where some Platinum members seemed to get short-changed. It appeared to be only on one ship and was generally thought to be a 'rogue' staff member.

Thank you. I knew I wasn't losing my mind faster than I originally thought.

--Michael

Platinum doesn't sound special at all.

For us, Platinum was very special. The free laundry is a big deal for us, especially since we often tack a cruise on to the end of a longer trip. Also, in the days before the UDP promo, those free Bistro dinners were really special. And although the complimentary wine list is not that long, we liked some of the wines on it a lot. So for us, Platinum has been special.

Our next cruise, will be the first as platinum members(me and DW). It's September 6, on the Breakaway. So it's prior to the a la carte changes taking effect in October. I have 2 questions about the dinner. Since we get 2 of them, we may want to go somewhere other than Le Bistro, for one of them. I'd read on another thread, you could use them for Moderno or La Cucina. With all the changes going on, I'm assuming that's still true?????

This wasn't answered yet - the possible substitutes seem to be depending on the ship.

Also the ala carte change won't have any effect on Platinum dinners as is - if they change the perk ar some point, that is different story. It has been said by NCL that even after the change comped dinners and already booked dining packages are honoured just like now.

The only thing to add for Platinum perks are the generous discount for photos, which we've gotten even on those 10 photo packages - YMMV - charged to OB Account and came out of our OBC's. There's also a one-time discount for spending $$ in the duty-free / gift shop (NCL-logo items only) purchases.

Going on the BA, read the numerous thread on iConcierge App (free) - download & pre-install, activate once onboard while doing lunch - that'll get you a headstart in booking restaurants (this isn't a Latitude/Platinum perk, but the tools to give an edge)

Oh, and, the free Latitude members only cocktail reception with the senior officers, about 30 minutes worth of "UBP" (and, no gratuity charge, LOL) for Silver, Gold & Platinum members in Fat Cats Lounge (sometimes, it's split up among different days if there are lots of members sailing)

We are becoming Platinum on our next cruise but I have a couple of Cruises book all in Suites and all with all the promos of the UBP and UDP. Since we will have the UDP it basically makes the Platinum members have less perks :( Has anyone in a Suite received any different perks? I really do not see the promo that has been going on all year go away and will most likely continue so being Platinum for those in Suites or Haven ir not a big deal. Except I do like the Laundry ;)

Since we will have the UDP it basically makes the Platinum members have less perks :(

No it does not. Platinums get the exact same perks as before - with UDP you are not getting a wine bottle with two dinners, so even with UDP the Platinum perk is superior. (Even when you have UBP, you wouldn't get free wine bottles.)

Just the fact that you have some other perks does not reduce the perks you get as Platinum.

Has anyone in a Suite received any different perks?

No, perks are as listed on the website. Why would the cruiseline need to give you even more when you are already reveicing perks from your status and your booking?

thanks, Steve, that makes sense. It just seemed to me, the responder was under the impression it happened more than on one ship. Stuff does happen, I would have not been a very happy camper if it were me. This sounds like the one where some people only got one bag of laundry for the two of them or thought they only got one bag. Again, thanks for clarifying this for us.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Our next cruise, will be the first as platinum members(me and DW). It's September 6, on the Breakaway. So it's prior to the a la carte changes taking effect in October. I have 2 questions about the dinner. Since we get 2 of them, we may want to go somewhere other than Le Bistro, for one of them. I'd read on another thread, you could use them for Moderno or La Cucina. With all the changes going on, I'm assuming that's still true????? Also, for the wine - Do they give you a small list of wines you can get, or the normal wine list with maximum amount they'll pay for. If the latter, can you use the max and pay the difference for a more expensive wine?

I think the certificate we got for the free platinum dinner listed options as LeBistro, Moderno, and one other [could have been La Cucina]. So you do get a choice.

Yes, they give you a list of the wines you can get. Not sure about paying the difference.

Yes, they give you a list of the wines you can get. Not sure about paying the difference.

OP...Just an FYI...I found the wine list for Platinum quite nice ...I was pleasantly surprised...;) with my choices.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone yet heard what, if any, effect the change of Le Bistro to a la carte pricing will have on the Platinum level speciality meal perk?

Our next sailing will be on Escape 14th November, so the change will be in place by then.

Does anyone have experience with 3 Latitude members in a cabin? I know we will get 3 certificates for dinner for 2. Since we won't be inviting someone else to dine with us, has anyone ever managed to 'split' one certificate over two dinners?

Me brother has the same issue; sister wives.

It gets so confusing ! :p