Rude Passengers

sarasfw

:D

From a long time ago-

"I eat my peas with honey,

I've done it all my life.

It makes the peas taste funny,

but it keeps them on the knife."

Now, if I only knew where I put my cell phone, keys, and anything else that I need daily. :eek:

ha ha! I was just thinking about that song and found myself singing it!!

stealing a photo?...years ago when we did not know not to cruise during spring break, there was a kid about 18 that stole a womans purse...of course he was caught...and he was handed over to authorities on St Maartins.....That had to have cost his parents thousands.

When word of that got around, there was not much rudeness from other teens the rest of the cruise.

Doug

stealing a photo?...years ago when we did not know not to cruise during spring break, there was a kid about 18 that stole a womans purse...of course he was caught...and he was handed over to authorities on St Maartins.....That had to have cost his parents thousands.

When word of that got around, there was not much rudeness from other teens the rest of the cruise.

Doug

The behaviour changes when the consequences become costly.:D

PAYBACK!! I’ve encountered a lot of rude and obnoxious people in my time. When the opportunity presents it’s self I was look for a way for little payback. People who are rude or obnoxious deserve some payback.

I won't blame it on a cultural thing, no, I blame it on a lack of respect for others. Emily Dickinson would call it "manners."

I don't know about Emily Dickinson but Emily Post would have plenty to say about ill manners. ;)

PAYBACK!! I’ve encountered a lot of rude and obnoxious people in my time. When the opportunity presents it’s self I was look for a way for little payback. People who are rude or obnoxious deserve some payback.

Do unto others?

Do unto others?

Sometimes that isn't going to work. Last fall on one of the quicky 4 day cruises on the Golden we were watching a MUTs movie and some young people were walking by off to the side. They, for whatever reason, stopped and stated yelling profanities and making a big racket. A gentleman who was sitting off to the side of us with his family went over and, quite calmly, ask them to tone it down. They said sure they would. Then proceeded to walk off very slowly yelling more profanity and making as much noise as they could.

Do unto others maybe should work both ways? :confused:

BTW, "young people" refers to someone much younger than us. These "kids" were in their early to mid twenty's. They knew better (I would like to assume), but, did what they did anyway.

Edited by ar1950

The world is full of rude people, they travel by bus, train, plane, cruise ships and their own cars. Princess has no corner on the market when it comes to rude people, we have found them on all cruise lines. Most people fortunately are polite well mannered folks....well not always on Cruise Critic though.:rolleyes:

The world is full of rude people, they travel by bus, train, plane, cruise ships and their own cars. Princess has no corner on the market when it comes to rude people, we have found them on all cruise lines. Most people fortunately are polite well mannered folks....well not always on Cruise Critic though.:rolleyes:

Since most people on the boards don't know our real names, we can be as cranky as we like.;)

Interesting perspective.

So, examples of how do you payback rude people you encounter on a cruise? Tips please.:o

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Tony, it's you! We're kind of like mirror images. We get what we put out. I know that when I'm cranky, the world is cranky. When I walk around with a smile on my face and a lilt in my step, the world responds likewise.

I know, I know sounds pretty pollyannish but I've found it's especially true onboard a cruise ship.

I truly treat people the way I like to be treated, you get what you give. It works for me ! And Roz, I'd have to say you're probaby a rude person ! If you say you're cranky at times, then guess what, that's what you're giving out, you should get it back. And cranky, what do you have to be cranky about ? Those of us who get to cruise, how lucky are we ? 99% of the people in the world wish they were so lucky !!

I truly treat people the way I like to be treated, you get what you give. It works for me ! And Roz, I'd have to say you're probaby a rude person ! If you say you're cranky at times, then guess what, that's what you're giving out, you should get it back. And cranky, what do you have to be cranky about ? Those of us who get to cruise, how lucky are we ? 99% of the people in the world wish they were so lucky !!

Since I do know Roz better than you do, I can attest that she is one of the nicest people going. I think you misread what she wrote.

Since most people on the boards don't know our real names, we can be as cranky as we like.;)

But then sometimes those same cranky CC people turn up at Meet and Greets and expect no-one to remember their nastiness on the forums.

I'm surprised there are not more incidents at Meet and Greets.

Personally I avoid confrontation whenever possible and just ignore them if I realize there is someone like that on board.

Perhaps instead of tossing insults you should read more carefully or use the proper emoticon if you are trying to be funny. :rolleyes:

We had a man on one of our cruises that was dressed as a baby, onesie, pacifier, bonnet, etc. Everyone laughed and asked why and he claimed he was on the ship with his buddies and he lost a bet.

Fast forward a few days and he was out by the pool in his bonnet and just a diaper and pacifier. He never had any "buddies" with him. Everyone soon figured out he had a fetish.

I thought he should have been told to get rid of the baby stuff while out of his cabin. He was around a lot of children and it just seem inappropriate. He dressed that way the entire cruise.

Oh my goodness, I dont know what to say.

And also--if Roz is occasionally cranky, it's not because of Horton, her magnificent service dog who goes with her everywhere to help her with her disability. I don't need a service dog, myself, but I count myself as one 99% of the people in the world who are glad such dogs are available to those who need them. (BTW, I have not yet encountered "cranky Roz." :D)

Edited by shredie

Ive found if a poor crew member has had the unfortunate experience with unintelligent obnoxious bricks, I go to them and sympathise with them to reassure that we feel for them and boost their self esteem back up, makes me feel as though at least I have contibuted positively to them

We do the same! On a longer cruise we were waiting for a table in the Anytime dining room so we were just to the right of the double doors somewhat on the exit side when a gentleman and his poor wife who he was pushing in a wheelchair started absolutely berating the poor hostess about "what a sham Anytime dining was and it is not anytime if you cannot walk right up and eat anytime you want and who makes the rules up here and on and on". The hostess Ana just stood there smiling and taking it which made him even more furious. The MD then arrived and tried to take us to our table but we insisted that we were fine and that he should take care of poor Ana first which he did.

Afterwards we gave her a big hug on the way out and told her that we appreciated everything she did and that we were in her corner if anything was said. We ended up not waiting long if ever any other night and she always had a huge smile when we greeted her.

For what its worth I think we saw the gentleman a few other times around the ship and he looked miserable every time. We nicknamed him Grumplestiltskin

Since I do know Roz better than you do, I can attest that she is one of the nicest people going. I think you misread what she wrote.

And also--if Roz is occasionally cranky, it's not because of Horton, her magnificent service dog who goes with her everywhere to help her with her disability. I don't need a service dog, myself, but I count myself as one 99% of the people in the world who are glad such dogs are available to those who need them. (BTW, I have not yet encountered "cranky Roz." :D)

Thank you so much. I DO feel very lucky to be able to cruise. Horton and I meet some of the nicest people [such as yourself!]

Occasionally, we will come across someone who doesn't want us in the elevator with them or doesn't like eating near us.....I'm happy to move if they give me a "heads-up" that they may have dog allergies or are afraid of dogs. It's really not necessary to become angry toned and direct it towards my dog or me.

Without my Service Dog I'm truly handicapped in what I can do in the public venue and, that would limit me on cruising. We are a team and work together as one.