Rude Passengers

sarasfw

And doing something to deliberately upset someone isn't rude:confused::confused:

Well it is an open seat, isn't it?

Same thing in the show lounge. I see the same people each evening in the same seats. Should I avoid those seats just because I know they be there in 5 minutes?

We've all paid for an equal opportunity to every seat & getting there early is an option everyone has.

Early bird etc. :p

I guess I can be considered one of the rude passengers as I love being the self-appointed chair lounger police.

I see a lounge chair by the pool that has been saved by a towel yet not used for over an hour then I walk over, grab the towel, and toss it in the dirty towel bin thereby freeing up the chair.

Call me rude I don't care no chair saving on my watch. :eek:

By the way respond how you wish but good luck stopping me.

Some enjoy dance classes or bingo I love my self-appointed job as I lay by the pool. :D

Well it is an open seat, isn't it?

Same thing in the show lounge. I see the same people each evening in the same seats. Should I avoid those seats just because I know they be there in 5 minutes?

We've all paid for an equal opportunity to every seat & getting there early is an option everyone has.

Early bird etc. :p

On REGAL, they announced no savings seat - but only 5 minutes before curtain time. No one seemed to mind at all if a seat or two was saved for friends who might have stopped off in the washroom well prior to curtain time. I think it all comes down to reasonableness. I would lever plop myself down in the theater where someone was saving a seat or two if before show starts and other seats available.

OTOH, I did try to save some loungers for our friends (a couple) for sailaway, but they didn't show in time after muster and too many people showed up to keep the view from being blocked. You can only do so much for so long.

Here's one you guys can vote on.

We were on a B2B and did not have to go to muster drill. I selected a nice spot for sailaway on REGAL - Deck 17, Port side. I set up a couple of loungers all the way up to the glass wall and even had one almost right beside one of those wind-break glass walls so lounger one was pretty boxed in, with lounger two beside it.

So, as people started coming up on deck, wife and I are well situated to observe sailaway from our loungers.

A man came along and sidled up the gap between the side of my lounger and the wind-break, went right up to the railing and was blocking my view.

I gave him a couple of minutes thinking he would move on and then nicely asked him if he was planning on staying there and blocking my view.

He said something I forget now and turned back to look out at the harbor, but then walked away and wished me a nice cruise. I guess he wasn't totally happy, but he wasn't really nasty about it. Still, made me feel a bit bad for having to speak up for my view.

But was I in the wrong to expect to be able to be seated at sailaway for once, instead of standing at the rail (we often stand or walk around)? Or was he in the wrong, expecting any place at the rail was fair game, even if in front of an occupied lounge chair?

I guess I can be considered one of the rude passengers as I love being the self-appointed chair lounger police.

I see a lounge chair by the pool that has been saved by a towel yet not used for over an hour then I walk over, grab the towel, and toss it in the dirty towel bin thereby freeing up the chair.

Some enjoy dance classes or bingo I love my self-appointed job as I lay by the pool. :D

I'm cool with your self appointed job. Keep up the good work!

Call me rude I don't care no chair saving on my watch.

You might want to watch for a minute or two to make sure that somebody isn't in the pool swimming or off getting a drink or something. Otherwise, you might find yourself being the rude one. How do you know that the person is actually gone away? Or do you just toss the towel away and then walk away?

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

I'm sure someone will take great offense at this, however, I would rather have someone blow their nose on a tissue or a handkerchief at the table than see snot running down their lip or hear them "sniff and swallow" the.....whatever? Certain bodily functions can't be helped and if handled discreetly shouldn't be viewed as rude behavior. My opinion only as I didn't check with Emily Post. YMMV.

better to blow the nose then wipe it on the sleeves etc what else can you do when you suffer hayfever , sorry everyone that does not like nose blowing but sadly good chance you will hear me do it unless a wipe with hanky can stop it that is, at the table if i have a runny or blocked nose i suffer hayfever and things can set it off , let alone my sneezing [both loud sorry ] things set if off someone's perfume certain foods etc it is life it happens as does letting off wind which if you know it is coming you may be able to do something about that if not cant be helped

Edited by Hawka

We were on a B2B and did not have to go to muster drill. I selected a nice spot for sailaway on REGAL - Deck 17, Port side. I set up a couple of loungers all the way up to the glass wall and even had one almost right beside one of those wind-break glass walls so lounger one was pretty boxed in, with lounger two beside it.

So, as people started coming up on deck, wife and I are well situated to observe sailaway from our loungers.

A man came along and sidled up the gap between the side of my lounger and the wind-break, went right up to the railing and was blocking my view.

I gave him a couple of minutes thinking he would move on and then nicely asked him if he was planning on staying there and blocking my view.

He said something I forget now and turned back to look out at the harbor, but then walked away and wished me a nice cruise. I guess he wasn't totally happy, but he wasn't really nasty about it. Still, made me feel a bit bad for having to speak up for my view.

But was I in the wrong to expect to be able to be seated at sailaway for once, instead of standing at the rail (we often stand or walk around)? Or was he in the wrong, expecting any place at the rail was fair game, even if in front of an occupied lounge chair?

Personally I believe if there is an open place at the rail, anyone has a right to stand there. You seem to want your cake an eat it to.

When I went through the Panama Canal I purposely paid for a forward facing balcony so I would not have to fight others for a forward facing view at the rail. No did I want to worry about losing my place if I had to go to the bathroom.

I'll be going to the Panama Canal again and again I am paying extra for a forward facing balcony for the same reasons mentioned above.

If you want to sit, sit. If you want to see past the rail then stand there like everyone else does. You cannot expect the other passengers to read your mind and realize that you are trying to do more than just sit and relax. What maybe obvious to you may not be obvious to others.

Personally I believe if there is an open place at the rail, anyone has a right to stand there. ...

If you want to sit, sit. If you want to see past the rail then stand there like everyone else does. You cannot expect the other passengers to read your mind and realize that you are trying to do more than just sit and relax. What may be obvious to you may not be obvious to others.

Sounds like good reasoning to me.

Jim

Some enjoy dance classes or bingo I love my self-appointed job as I lay by the pool. :D[/quote

Good for you!!! icon14.gif I always wanted to do that.

Tony

You mean you don't like those people who place a towel on a chair...or a flip flop on each of 2 chairs at 9 am and then don't show up at the pool until 3 pm?

I watch for 15-20 minutes. If no one shows up in that time, that chair is MINE. (ok, if there are empty chairs, I'll take an empty one)

You might want to watch for a minute or two to make sure that somebody isn't in the pool swimming or off getting a drink or something. Otherwise, you might find yourself being the rude one. How do you know that the person is actually gone away? Or do you just toss the towel away and then walk away?

Tom

Did you not read I said I wait an hour. Sorry but not going to stop and not worried if someone sees me doing it. I wear my nose and chin out in front where anyway can take a shot at it if they are upset with me. I am the self-appointed chair lounger sheriff and this boat ain't big enough for you and me if you cross me...LOL :p

Personally I believe if there is an open place at the rail, anyone has a right to stand there. You seem to want your cake an eat it to.

When I went through the Panama Canal I purposely paid for a forward facing balcony so I would not have to fight others for a forward facing view at the rail. No did I want to worry about losing my place if I had to go to the bathroom.

I'll be going to the Panama Canal again and again I am paying extra for a forward facing balcony for the same reasons mentioned above.

If you want to sit, sit. If you want to see past the rail then stand there like everyone else does. You cannot expect the other passengers to read your mind and realize that you are trying to do more than just sit and relax. What maybe obvious to you may not be obvious to others.

On a recent Baltic cruise we were entering I believe it was Stockholm. In any event it was a long winding entrance to the pier. Up on the Lido deck a guy was sitting at a table for four right by a window. People would wander over to the window to look. Within a minute or two he would start with "Excuse me, you're blocking my view". He felt the window was his own private balcony. More than a few told him to do all manner of bad things to himself.

On a recent Baltic cruise we were entering I believe it was Stockholm. In any event it was a long winding entrance to the pier. Up on the Lido deck a guy was sitting at a table for four right by a window. People would wander over to the window to look. Within a minute or two he would start with "Excuse me, you're blocking my view". He felt the window was his own private balcony. More than a few told him to do all manner of bad things to himself.

I think the issue is the definition of "right by" the window. If there is space to stand between the table and the window, then it isn't a private view for that table. On the other hand, if the table fully abuts the window or has a gap of a very few inches (not enough for a person to stand), then it isn't an aisle, walkway, or standing zone. If there is a 2 foot gap between "his" table and the window, that's a walkway or viewing area, not the private space belonging to the table!

You go girl / guy. Any chance you're on the Caribbean Princess New Years cruise? Would love to have you aboard.

Did you not read I said I wait an hour. Sorry but not going to stop and not worried if someone sees me doing it. I wear my nose and chin out in front where anyway can take a shot at it if they are upset with me. I am the self-appointed chair lounger sheriff and this boat ain't big enough for you and me if you cross me...LOL :p

No, I missed that. Sorry 'bout that, my mistake.

Tom

Open rail space is fair game. Sorry your view was blocked, but I am on the side of the gentleman on the railing......:):):)

Bob

We've seen people like that almost on every cruise. They're as bad as chair hogs in a way....reserving a space on a public area.