Breakfast ? What do you do?

Do you have to BYO vegemite?

Vegemite was available everyday in the WJ on our Australian cruise last April. There were small packets of it in a bin over by the mustard, ketchup, etc.

Sherri:)

I have only been on Rhapsody, but other than the omelette station, I thought the WJ was awful for both breakfast and dinner!! Hoping improved on Liberty!

Funny, we thought the WJ was very good on Rhapsody.

Vegemite was available everyday in the WJ on our Australian cruise last April. There were small packets of it in a bin over by the mustard, ketchup, etc.

Sherri:)

I have noticed it available on Caribbean cruises, it may have been available on other cruises... just never noticed. Haven't got up the nerve to try it yet!

Had vegemite on a recent Rhapsody cruise ( most passengers were from Australia or UK) . Apparently I have not acquired a taste for it yet. :) I was told, after the fact, that I used too much and should give it a try again with a smaller amount. I was not willing. BTW - The general evening menu was terrific with lots of lamb, shrimp, beef and even crocodile and kangaroo. A nice change from the usual RCCL menus.

M

We typically have breakfast in the MDR, like to have waiter service and it's much quieter than the Windjammer.

Most mornings I'm up quite early and will stop by the Windjammer when it's desolate and grab a quick bowl of oatmeal. It's quite lovely very early in the mornings, nice to sip some coffee and watch the sea roll by.

If we have a early morning excursion we order room service.

Jonathan

Port day we order room service as we often skip lunch. Always eat in the dining room the last morning. Sea days we often skip breakfast and have some hot chocolate and at most a cininmon roll and then eat lunch. Gotta watch the waist line or by the end of the week I can't fit into my clothes!

We typically go to the windjammer every morning but thinking this B2B might try other options. We are Diamond Plus , So I know they sever some breakfast items in the Diamond Lounge. We also have a balcony this trip, so room service is also an option.

What's your favorite? If you want to include you favorite breakfast food choices feel free.

I love the muffins & fruit while on a cruise!

I like my eggs hot off the grill so I go to the egg bar in the Windjammer and get them cooked just the way I like them! Add a piece of bacon or sausage and that wonderful bread with raisins and cranberries and that's breakfast!

Is there typically a long wait for the egg bar?

Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. Just depends on how many people are in line. Early in the cruise, it's not been discovered, so it's quicker.

Is there typically a long wait for the egg bar?

Which ship, no made to order eggs in WJ on Oasis. As to your question depends on when you get there. No line = 4-5 minutes, long line could be more than 15 after you place order

I have an unhealthy obsession with those triangle hash browns they serve. I eat so many I am usually not hungry again until dinner.

Those and the tater-tots. I don't know what it is about them but I find myself eating my quota only when I cruise.

Used to go to the WJ for the Bircher muesli but since I found out that it's available for self-serve in the Dining Room with all the additions that I use - natural yoghurt, nuts, cinnamon & those lovely figs they have all I need to order is some grain toast & hot lemon drink from the waiter! In & out in half an hour (longer if the table mates are telling great tales) with all the service & ambience that the Dining Room offers! Thanks RCI - also go there at lunch-time for the self-serve Tutti salad, just ask for NO chopping & I'm happy!

Used to go to the WJ for the Bircher muesli but since I found out that it's available for self-serve in the Dining Room with all the additions that I use - natural yoghurt, nuts, cinnamon & those lovely figs they have all I need to order is some grain toast & hot lemon drink from the waiter! In & out in half an hour (longer if the table mates are telling great tales) with all the service & ambience that the Dining Room offers! Thanks RCI - also go there at lunch-time for the self-serve Tutti salad, just ask for NO chopping & I'm happy!

I'm coming in as another Bircher Muesli fan- you can also find it in the Solarium Bistro on the Oasis-class ships. So good!