Will Celebrity include Bev Package for TA?

jeno

With BBB as standard Celebrity way to book I would think if you chose the beverage package as your "Big" then it would have to be included.

BBB pricing is not in place for transatlantic or transpacific cruises

For those of you who book TA's how are the prices now compared to before they offered BBB. TA's can be quite a bargain at times. Looks like Princess one upped Celebrity. It's about time they joined the party.

Since they don't offer the BBB, the prices are about what I would expect three months out. No bargains yet but these usually don't show up until after final payment. The more popular routes are higher than the less popular ones, no brainer there.

I'm considering a b2b, Fall Med cruise with a westbound TA, but they don't have to be on the same ship, so I'm going to check out TAs on other lines. Return airfare for us is about $600 from Rome to San Francisco, so if we throw in another couple hundred dollars we can come home the long way!

Edited by CathyCruises

Since they don't offer the BBB, the prices are about what I would expect three months out. No bargains yet but these usually don't show up until after final payment. The more popular routes are higher than the less popular ones, no brainer there.

I'm considering a b2b, Fall Med cruise with a westbound TA, but they don't have to be on the same ship, so I'm going to check out TAs on other lines. Return airfare for us is about $600 from Rome to San Francisco, so if we throw in another couple hundred dollars we can come home the long way!

That sounds great. My goal is to someday be able to do a FLL TA both directions. I have to be able to retire and transplant my self in Florida. I want to say I can't wait but then I would be rushing my life away.

We're doing a B2B next year, but not on the same ship as it's taking the exact same itinerary we did back in 2013, so we're mixing and matching. Doing Rhapsody Venice to Venice on 7 Oct, then driving to Civitavecchia for the 4 days in between spending some time in Tuscany, then Reflection 21 Oct across the pond.

We're doing a B2B next year, but not on the same ship as it's taking the exact same itinerary we did back in 2013, so we're mixing and matching. Doing Rhapsody Venice to Venice on 7 Oct, then driving to Civitavecchia for the 4 days in between spending some time in Tuscany, then Reflection 21 Oct across the pond.

Oh that sounds great! We're looking at Rome to Rome on Silhouette, then maybe Constellation back home four days later. I just checked and there are very few TAs after November 1 on the mainstream lines, must be in a hurry to get to the Caribbean. Lots of opportunities on the $$$$ lines. The best one I saw was on Island Princess, leaving from Venice, but it's $2500 which is out of my budget. I haven't been on an M Class ship in ages, might be fun.

For those of you who book TA's how are the prices now compared to before they offered BBB. TA's can be quite a bargain at times. Looks like Princess one upped Celebrity. It's about time they joined the party.

We're booked on a Princess TA next Spring (15 nights) and have a mini-suite w/beverage package for $2,000. I believe HAL is also marketing Transatlantics w/beverage packages for 2016 at the moment. From the pricing I've seen, the fares don't seem terribly inflated now that they're throwing in the beverage packages.

Is that per person?

Yes, sorry, per person. When I compared Fall 2015 (no beverage package) with Spring 2016 (bev package included) the mini-suite prices weren't all that different w/Princess.

JMHO, but $2,000 PER PERSON is REALLY exorbitant for a TA!!! We've done both east & west (in concierge balconies) for half of that price. Granted, no bev package, but one could have LOTS of drinks and still not spend $2K! :eek::eek:

JMHO, but $2,000 PER PERSON is REALLY exorbitant for a TA!!! We've done both east & west (in concierge balconies) for half of that price. Granted, no bev package, but one could have LOTS of drinks and still not spend $2K! :eek::eek:

I understand what you're saying, but accommodation-wise, comparing a Mini-Suite on Princess isn't apples to apples with a balcony or concierge class on Celebrity. Size-wise, the Princess Mini-Suites are closer to a Sky Suite on Celebrity with their full bath (tub/shower) separate sitting area w/full sofa, etc.

If we were comparing balcony to balcony (standard or concierge), then I'd agree with you.

The point of my post was that comparing Princess TA mini-suites with and without beverage packages had little price fluctuation.

Sure wish Celebrity DID allow Bev Package for TA's! I cruised the Regal Princess last fall and really liked the new ship, especially the awesome on demand stateroom tv with 25+ free movies...would be wonderful on a TA, for the right price of course.

Oh that sounds great! We're looking at Rome to Rome on Silhouette, then maybe Constellation back home four days later. I just checked and there are very few TAs after November 1 on the mainstream lines, must be in a hurry to get to the Caribbean. Lots of opportunities on the $$$$ lines. The best one I saw was on Island Princess, leaving from Venice, but it's $2500 which is out of my budget. I haven't been on an M Class ship in ages, might be fun.
Cathy, like minds. We'll be on a Seabourn cruise that ends in Athens late October. My traveling companion has to fly back for work but I'm considering making my way to Rome and taking the Constellation TA back without him. Celebrity is offering a surprisingly good resident rate, but it's for oceanview. Not sure of resident discount rules and wondering if it's possible to upgrade after final payment? Apparently, not combinable with other discounts?

Also really good resident rate on Reflection TA. I much prefer S-class but it departs before my Seabourn cruise ends, plus Constellation's itinerary is certainly more appealing. Other 3 S-class TA dates would work but fares still too high. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by cadburysmom

I understand what you're saying, but accommodation-wise, comparing a Mini-Suite on Princess isn't apples to apples with a balcony or concierge class on Celebrity. Size-wise, the Princess Mini-Suites are closer to a Sky Suite on Celebrity with their full bath (tub/shower) separate sitting area w/full sofa, etc.

If we were comparing balcony to balcony (standard or concierge), then I'd agree with you.

The point of my post was that comparing Princess TA mini-suites with and without beverage packages had little price fluctuation.

Beav:

I've spent MANY nights in Princess mini's (one 30-nighter in E728 on Sapphire), so I agree with your statement about apples-to-oranges. However, I feel that the concierge's on the M class gave us the same level of comfort (albeit with less room) at a MUCH better price. Again... just my opinion. :)

My question was asking about others' feelings about whether Celebrity would start offering their beverage packages on TAs now that Princess does. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question was asking about others' feelings about whether Celebrity would start offering their beverage packages on TAs now that Princess does. Thoughts?

Apologies, we did get a bit off topic...

That's a big perk to offer on lower priced TA's so I doubt it...BUT...on last spring's Silhouette TA they did offer free gratuities if booking another TA while onboard....so there is still hope. :)

It seems to me Celebrity only offers perks such as bev packages to attract first time cruisers and raises fares to offset costs. Very few of these are interested in the longer cruises, especially TA's, which are usually booked by older, more experienced cruisers who are not interested in the package due to Elite perks or whatever. They'd rather sail at cheaper prices and forego that particular perk. TA's are becoming more popular, too. This fall's westboundSilhouette TA was completely booked when we checked in May, and although cabins have become available, prices are still high.

...and sorry to go off topic again but wanted to wish Cadburysmom and John a wonderful time on Seabourn. You two are the cutest couple...can't believe he's letting you take the Constellation TA without him. Here's hoping John will join the Dark Side and sail Celebrity with us again soon!:D

It seems to me Celebrity only offers perks such as bev packages to attract first time cruisers and raises fares to offset costs. Very few of these are interested in the longer cruises, especially TA's, which are usually booked by older, more experienced cruisers who are not interested in the package due to Elite perks or whatever. They'd rather sail at cheaper prices and forego that particular perk. TA's are becoming more popular, too. This fall's westboundSilhouette TA was completely booked when we checked in May, and although cabins have become available, prices are still high.

...and sorry to go off topic again but wanted to wish Cadburysmom and John a wonderful time on Seabourn. You two are the cutest couple...can't believe he's letting you take the Constellation TA without him. Here's hoping John will join the Dark Side and sail Celebrity with us again soon!:D

Hi Red...good to hear from you! :)

(email me at the address below)

You make a good point both about raising fares to cover beverage packages and TA's becoming more popular. As said time and again on other threads, folks are really being drawn in by the new BBB program. As with 123go, the cruises are selling at higher prices for perks I don't need so on one hand, I'm hoping the program won't spill over to TA's, but if it does, hopefully stiff competition from other lines will force Celebrity to combine it with lower pricing to keep ships full.

Also wondering how the new plan about not lowering fares within 30-40 days of cruise will affect TA's. There's still time after final payment to book a lower rate but who knows...

cadburysmom at aol dot com

I had been watching the Equinox spring 2016 transatlantic and wondered the same thing myself after I saw the Princess promo. Then this week Celebrity came out with what I thought was a very good offer for a balcony guarantee on the Equinox sailing. Perhaps Celebrity did that instead of adding the beverage package?

I had been watching the Equinox spring 2016 transatlantic and wondered the same thing myself after I saw the Princess promo. Then this week Celebrity came out with what I thought was a very good offer for a balcony guarantee on the Equinox sailing. Perhaps Celebrity did that instead of adding the beverage package?

Good deals are in the eyes of the beholder. We did the transatlantic, on the Equinox last year and paid a little less than $1,100 p.p., taxes and fees included for a 1A balcony. This was about three months from sailing.

I was just looking at TA's for the spring.

Suites are sold out on a couple ships, 2 have just a couple SkySuites left, and Connie has a smattering left.

I did the Connie TA this spring, and my RS was priced a couple hundred less than they are currently selling the Celebrity suite for on this one.

Clearly TA's are getting hugely popular, and are filling themselves nicely without much need for discounts and perks. This said, they were offering extra OBC for booking onboard while on a TA for booking another TA, at least on Connie. So we could get the normal BOB OBC as well as a bonus OBC for picking a TA.

Beav:

I've spent MANY nights in Princess mini's (one 30-nighter in E728 on Sapphire), so I agree with your statement about apples-to-oranges. However, I feel that the concierge's on the M class gave us the same level of comfort (albeit with less room) at a MUCH better price. Again... just my opinion. :)

We've spent probably 30 nights in E728 and E729 on various Princess ships, just not all in one stretch like you were fortunate to do! ;)