Costal Kitchen

That's good to know. We will be on Oasis next January (welcome to Port Canaveral Oasis!). We will also be in a JS. Our first and last cruise with Oasis, we had MTD and it turned out to be quite the nightmare. Hoping CK will be a big improvement for us. :)

On our last Oasis cruise this past September, we went to the MDR on the first night. They were so disorganized, starting with putting our group of 5 at a table for 4, slow service, waited 15 minutes for dessert menus before we got up and left. If it had been my wife and I, we would have given the MDR another try, but the others in our party were not interested in the MDR anymore. So we were able to use CK twice, Solarium Bistro twice, and WJ twice, and it worked out very well.

Edited by clarea

We sailed on the Anthem on Jan. 15th in a Jr Suite. We were allowed to

pre-book the Coastal Kitchen. On that cruise they changed the menu twice during the 10 night cruise. We also were on the Anthem during the Feb. 7th storm in a SJ Jr. Suite, again we pre-booked our reservations and dining each night in Coastal Kitchen. The big change that took place is, we received a new different menu each night of the cruise. Our cruise was shorten to 5 nights but the Coastal Kitchen staff told us that they are trying something new and each night of that cruise we had a different menu. Don't have any idea of how this will work on a 10 or 12 night cruise because our cruise was only supposed to be a 7 night cruise. We are Diamond Plus Members but the reason we were allowed to pre-book the Coastal Kitchen was because we traveled in some sort of Jr. Suite.

On our last Oasis cruise this past September, we went to the MDR on the first night. They were so disorganized, starting with putting our group of 5 at a table for 4, slow service, waited 15 minutes for dessert menus before we got up and left. If it had been my wife and I, we would have given the MDR another try, but the others in our party were not interested in the MDR anymore. So we were able to use CK twice, Solarium Bistro twice, and WJ twice, and it worked out very well.

Sounds like something we would do also. Thanks for the info as usual, Bob. :)

We sailed on the Anthem on Jan. 15th in a Jr Suite. We were allowed to

pre-book the Coastal Kitchen. On that cruise they changed the menu twice during the 10 night cruise. We also were on the Anthem during the Feb. 7th storm in a SJ Jr. Suite, again we pre-booked our reservations and dining each night in Coastal Kitchen. The big change that took place is, we received a new different menu each night of the cruise. Our cruise was shorten to 5 nights but the Coastal Kitchen staff told us that they are trying something new and each night of that cruise we had a different menu. Don't have any idea of how this will work on a 10 or 12 night cruise because our cruise was only supposed to be a 7 night cruise. We are Diamond Plus Members but the reason we were allowed to pre-book the Coastal Kitchen was because we traveled in some sort of Jr. Suite.

But you didn't take pictures of the menus?

I only have the first three, because they just started rolling them out at the end of my cruise.

These are the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen drink menus from November on Oasis. 1st shows Complimentary offerings available from 5:00-8:30. 2nd is menu for the Premium drinks that are available for purchase. Complimentary beer, wine and soda are available from 11:00-11:00.

c01ef21579247d9a2a3841a0e3c6bb94.jpg

7994aa21cef24928acd41b31c0a45943.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We went to CK in September, and liked it so much, we went again later in the cruise.

We went at least half a dozen times for dinner on our B2B on OA in January, every day for breakfast and most days for lunch. Next time I'll work in more Solarium Cafe. Maybe by eating 4x/day!:eek::D

I get it, but don't understand the logistics. We booked our reservations on day 3 for the rest of the week. How would they know when it was going to be space available. I really don't see them turning a reservation away because someone in a CL just stopped by.

This was in April and the ship was very full, but I never saw a crowd in CK.

It was packed in January. Pretty much every table was full. The service suffered as a result - I think they didn't have enough cooks more than not having enough waitstaff - but we didn't have any place to rush off to so were fine with it.

How accommodating are they in CK with special requests. My Son can be quite picky when it comes to "fancy food" his words. He is good with a simple steak, but without all the sauces and no vegetables just maybe a side of fries or baked potato. They are able to accommodate him in the MDR will the same happen in CK?

Also do they serve the same amazing rolls in CK as they do in MDR for dinner?

Oh and what is the dress? Would formal attire be required there on formal night like in the MDR, or more casual like specialty dining.

Thanks so much for your help.

How accommodating are they in CK with special requests. My Son can be quite picky when it comes to "fancy food" his words. He is good with a simple steak, but without all the sauces and no vegetables just maybe a side of fries or baked potato. They are able to accommodate him in the MDR will the same happen in CK?

Oh and what is the dress? Would formal attire be required there on formal night like in the MDR, or more casual like specialty dining.

They will have no problem accomodating special requests. I did not see the MDR rolls in CK.

delete

Our experiences in CK on Quantum, Anthem and Oasis are all the same. Staff will accommodate you. As for the rolls.....can't say as we don't take the bread. I'm sure, if you asked, they will accommodate. CK dress is Smart Casual.

I posted the following on another thread this morning. It is more than you asked but it is a full explanation:

There are two concierges in the Suites Lounge. They sit at a small desk (too small…built for one person but used by two) to the right of the entrance door. (We were told by the concierge that on the Allure they installed the desk to the left of the entrance door allowing more space.)

There is one concierge in the Diamond Lounge. He sits in at the desk were the two concierges used to sit when it was a Concierge Lounge.

ALSO:

Coastal Kitchen has its own entrance with a podium and hostess (but can also be accessed via the Suites Lounge. It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner (two menus, second begins on day 4). On boarding day the Suites Lounge provides a serve-yourself lunch (no boarding day lunch served in Coastal Kitchen)(they served a Coastal Kitchen lunch on July 11 but discontinued it).

The bar that was in the center of the Viking Crown is still there and services both the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. They serve complimentary beer, wine, and sodas from 11am-11pm as well complimentary mixed drinks from 5pm-8:30pm (pay-for drinks the rest of the time). Your key will open the automated door to Suites Lounge 24 hours a day for access to coffee machine, views, etc.

Chefs Table (now called Prime Table on menu) is between the concierge desk and the CK podium.

Now that the Crown & Anchor representative and Next Cruise representatives jobs have been separated, one of the 4 Next Cruise reps sets up a sales table in both the SL and the DL on a couple of nights (nice perk).

On one night, the Shopping Guide sets up a table in the SL.

The Suites Party is now held in the Suites Lounge and most of the upper level officers attend.

OPINION:

The new Suites Lounge, bar, and Coastal Kitchen space is stunning and offers fantastic views, great service, and good food. There is very little interaction between guests in this area unless you sit at the bar.

The Diamond Lounge (decks 11&12) seats a huge number of people because additional seating has been added downstairs and upstairs. The view from this area is still the Boardwalk but the windows need replacing. Because seasoned cruisers use this area (D, D+, PC) there is a lot of interaction between guests.

During our July 11/July 18 B2B we used all the above mentioned and found that they enhanced our cruising experience. The Harmony's deck plan has the Diamond Lounge on deck 4 in what is now The Comedy Club. It will be far too small to hold all the D, D+, PC members.

Great information as we will sail a B2B on the Allure 23OCT/30OCT16. It will be our first cruise as Diamond and we are in a Grand Suite. Looking forward to it and I appreciate the details you have listed.

Carol.....that would mean consistency.

Would love to see the new menus. Are the 3 you have posted anywhere?

Yes, but I'll post them again here.

Available every day:

IMG_0726_zpsxpjilcnw.jpg

Three new dinner menus. They just started rolling them out at the end of my cruise.

IMG_0727_zpsn967ykiw.jpg

IMG_0734_zpsxgmyva6d.jpg

IMG_0735_zpsd8f99bjt.jpg

wine lists:

32dacc90-4c57-4094-8d41-d001932f17b3_zpsswn6a8e3.jpg

4ebeec78-62a0-4607-8c53-2ed1cbfa5d82_zpsgr2d6r7c.jpg

We have a JS. Yes I know usually no perks. So I doubt we can have dinner in Coastal kitchen. But will D+ get us in there

D+ will not get you into Coastal Kitchen or Suite Lounge (one space) but my understanding is JS will give you access to Coastal Kitchen (but not Suite Lounge).

We were on the Oasis in January and we asked about the menu changes so here is the definitive answer ...

The menus change every four days. There is a separate lunch and dinner menu.

Also note that we were warned that it gets booked up quickly, especially on formal nights. So plan ahead and book your reservations once on board.

We ate their twice, checking out both menus. Really enjoyed it.

One bonus is that they refresh your wine glasses at the table. Complementary.

D+ will not get you into Coastal Kitchen or Suite Lounge (one space) but my understanding is JS will give you access to Coastal Kitchen (but not Suite Lounge).

True, and the JS access to Coastal Kitchen is for dinner only.

• 8 months later...