Cancelled cruises announcement - Epic, Jade, Spirit, Star, Sun

noche_caliente

I don't know Florida's law, or if it even applies if the business (ship) is located elsewhere, etc. Probably does because of the billing location.

I think if you feel strongly it is bait and switch then you should complain to the FL attorney general using the form provided previously. I think your case is pretty unique among the posters here in that you purchased right before the cancellation and we can assume selling that cruise to you is either due to gross negligence or at the very least no concern about the passengers. I don't think there's an intention to defraud, which may be a requirement in this kind of case in Florida.

In your case, it would be better for NCL if they offered nothing but a refund, because an "upsell" simply stinks under the circumstances.

its a moot point now. NCL stepped up and took care of me. They did not bait and switch me in the end. I tried one more time today to get the cruise switched and they did it with no problem!!! No upsell offer today. Just a switch to a comparable cruise and comparable dates. No extra except port fees which is fine with me. I just went from thinking this company was doing something awful to thinking they are the greatest. I sure hope others have success and please keep trying.

I never got the call back so called them and at least I was only on hold 7 minutes. The new Pcc looked and saw nothing had been posted so she checked and said it appeared "they" were not price guarantee for the 14 day cruise.

I pointed out the letter I got clearly stated I could switch to any 14 day Epic cruise in a certain time period and the company must have known they were not going to offer 14 day cruises when they sent that letter.

We are now back to waiting for an answer.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yes!!! can you even believe it! I'm so happy I could cry. Try again today. Fingers crossed for you.

Brilliant. UK phones now closed but will be on it 9am tomorrow. Can I ask was the price difference huge? Many Thanks

NCL took care of me!!!! I thought I better try one more time today before giving up. I called my TA and they said it would be an hour wait. It actually was not a very long wait, no where near an hour and I was switched from an Epic med sailing to a Epic Spirit sailing.

Just wanted to let you with Epic med cancelations know there is potential hope and to try back again if you were told yesterday they wouldn't switch. I got price protection too.

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you and glad to hear this information!! I called my TA and they said the Caribbean itinerary is still not up and not expected until the 24th. I'll have a breakdown by then. Thanks for all your support with this. I will keep trying and holding on to hope that this works out for the rest of us. Maybe, just maybe all the squawking helped!!

I got right through. I am a bit disappointed in my offers though.

I had the Star booked for Nov. 6, 2016 in an SJ suite. My kids have off that week for teacher's convention. The only dates they could rebook me was Nov. 27 through Dec. 11 and Feb. 5 through March 17, excluding holidays. My kids have off none of those dates, so I have to take them out of school.

I took an SC suite on the Jade Nov. 27 through Dec. 4 and kept all my benefits. It's a great cabin but my kids will miss shool. AGH!

I also had the Spirit April 15, 2017 booked. The offer was the Epic from Nov 12, 2016 to March 17, 2017. I am certainly not taking my kids out of school for 2 weeks in the same school year so I have to cancel that one.

I wish they were a bit more flexible in offering the same dates the original cruise was booked on. I booked those dates for a reason.

LittleLulu: when were U originally scheduled to sail & what date did u finally get? We had Nov & Dec 2016 (back to back, so we only had to pay one airfare). Thanx! Joe

p.s. For any stockholders in NCL.....attend the next "annual" meeting!

Originally booked for Epic 11 night I think it was 12/7/16 from Barcelona.

We are now on the Spirit 11 night Departing 11/17/16. Ports are great too. It's Barcelona 5pm; Provence (Marseille) 8am-6pm; Cannes, France 8am -6pm; Livorno 8am-6pm ; Rome 8am-6; Naples; at sea; Santorini 9am-6p; Athens 9a-6p; at sea; Zadar, Croatia 8a-5p; Venice 8a.

From my call yesterday the other Spirit sailings are; November 28th from Venice (sorry about spelling) and not certain of following because I was just trying to write really fast.. Zadar, Irekalon, Hafia, Rhodes, Kusadasi and end in Istanbul.

On December 9th, 2016 Spirit sailing starts in Istanbul with stops in Kusadasi, Athens, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Palma and ends in Barcelona.

I read about Istanbul airport being a busy mess with huge delays. They are doing a ton of work and it may be completed by then but I just didn't want to mess with Ataturk airport so opted for Barcelona and Venice.

If you are doing a b2b you can avoid flying into or out of Ataturk and those ports sound incredible. Must be one of the best b2b cruises offered on any line to date. I'm sure it will sell out especially being the only game in town for winter and a smaller ship. Good luck.

Finally Success!!!!

I was booked on Jade 2016 and only given option of sail a yr in advance or $50 OBC. Yesterday after 3 hrs I was told NO. Today on advice from Lulu I called my big box P-line and got a new rep who wasn't familiar with the NCL redeployment info so I went into the story and told her exactly what I wanted to book; the Jade Nov 2016 out of Tampa, basically the same cruise. She got through in 5-10 mins and came back on the line chuckling. She said I have a newbie here and she wanted to know what I was offered. So I told my TA, "tell her I was offered price protection!". Ok she said. She comes back on the line with ok she can book you 11/14. I said 2016 or 2015? Oh, she said hold on. Now I'm on hold for about 15 mins, not feeling too positive but She comes back on and says, I GOT it for you!! She had to talk to 4 NCL reps and argue that 2016 was not reasonable and that P-line books more NCL cruises then NCL books (which is probably what changed their minds but who knows) . She said I even got $50 OBC too but $102.12 in taxes. I said I'll take it....but just so you know others got 100 OBC, but I am certainly NOT complaining!!!!hooray!!!!

Keep trying don't give up, word is out there and they are coming around. Maybe they had enough cancel their cruises so they can now honor the deep discounts they offered originally.

Although I'm disappointed at the way we were treated, I am happy with the outcome and I now feel like I can enjoy my Escape cruise. Thank you to all who supported me plans others during this stressful process.

Good luck to the rest of you!!! Don't take No for an answer!

Finally Success!!!!

I was booked on Jade 2016 and only given option of sail a yr in advance or $50 OBC. Yesterday after 3 hrs I was told NO. Today on advice from Lulu I called my big box P-line and got a new rep who wasn't familiar with the NCL redeployment info so I went into the story and told her exactly what I wanted to book; the Jade Nov 2016 out of Tampa, basically the same cruise. She got through in 5-10 mins and came back on the line chuckling. She said I have a newbie here and she wanted to know what I was offered. So I told my TA, "tell her I was offered price protection!". Ok she said. She comes back on the line with ok she can book you 11/14. I said 2016 or 2015? Oh, she said hold on. Now I'm on hold for about 15 mins, not feeling too positive but She comes back on and says, I GOT it for you!! She had to talk to 4 NCL reps and argue that 2016 was not reasonable and that P-line books more NCL cruises then NCL books (which is probably what changed their minds but who knows) . She said I even got $50 OBC too but $102.12 in taxes. I said I'll take it....but just so you know others got 100 OBC, but I am certainly NOT complaining!!!!hooray!!!!

Keep trying don't give up, word is out there and they are coming around. Maybe they had enough cancel their cruises so they can now honor the deep discounts they offered originally.

Although I'm disappointed at the way we were treated, I am happy with the outcome and I now feel like I can enjoy my Escape cruise. Thank you to all who supported me plans others during this stressful process.

Good luck to the rest of you!!! Don't take No for an answer!

Wow. I'm so happy for you!!! Now you can have this wonderful sweet satisfaction. In hindsight, getting a great deal is never really easy but now you can put all that to rest and move onto plans for your incredible vacation. I have sailed NCL several times now and have always had an incredible cruise once onboard. The stuff that happens beforehand, well that can be forgotten. I of course say this because it worked out for me and I so feel for others but I do think if you keep trying it will work out one day this week. Just takes the right NCL rep at the right time.

After close to six hours of being on hold yesterday - I gave up and called today... I moved to the March 2017 cruise (from Jan 2017 on the pearl)...

I'm a little confused as to why my taxes went up 10.00 though... if I was price protected....

I am wanting to switch my Epic fall 2016 B2B to the spirit cruise also. I was declined price protection and the spirit doesn't cater to 4 people in anything above a oceanview (I had 2 mini suites booked on the Epic).

I am not impressed at all over this whole debacle. I will not be sailing NCL again if they don't make this right.

Originally booked for Epic 11 night I think it was 12/7/16 from Barcelona.

We are now on the Spirit 11 night Departing 11/17/16. Ports are great too. It's Barcelona 5pm; Provence (Marseille) 8am-6pm; Cannes, France 8am -6pm; Livorno 8am-6pm ; Rome 8am-6; Naples; at sea; Santorini 9am-6p; Athens 9a-6p; at sea; Zadar, Croatia 8a-5p; Venice 8a.

From my call yesterday the other Spirit sailings are; November 28th from Venice (sorry about spelling) and not certain of following because I was just trying to write really fast.. Zadar, Irekalon, Hafia, Rhodes, Kusadasi and end in Istanbul.

On December 9th, 2016 Spirit sailing starts in Istanbul with stops in Kusadasi, Athens, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Palma and ends in Barcelona.

I read about Istanbul airport being a busy mess with huge delays. They are doing a ton of work and it may be completed by then but I just didn't want to mess with Ataturk airport so opted for Barcelona and Venice.

If you are doing a b2b you can avoid flying into or out of Ataturk and those ports sound incredible. Must be one of the best b2b cruises offered on any line to date. I'm sure it will sell out especially being the only game in town for winter and a smaller ship. Good luck.

So, this cruise was price protected? I was told on Monday it wasn't. Are you two to a stateroom?

How did you get them to do this? Were you just adamant that's what you wanted?

Its exactly what I want to do, but its more complex as we have 4 to a stateroom and Spirit is not very 4 people friendly.

Thanks!

So, this cruise was price protected? I was told on Monday it wasn't. Are you two to a stateroom?

How did you get them to do this? Were you just adamant that's what you wanted?

Its exactly what I want to do, but its more complex as we have 4 to a stateroom and Spirit is not very 4 people friendly.

Thanks!

We are only 2 in a stateroom. I think the insides have room for 4 in a stateroom and balconies are three max. We are in a suite and even the suites are max three.

There is another poster who had your same issue. I think he ended up switching to the star 21 night from Hong Kong to Australia. I think Ncl could not accommodate him due to the 4 in a stateroom and he didn't want insides.

If you have any flexibility on dates or destinations it sounds like NCL will work with you. I would look at the first post in this thread to kind of figure out dates and sailings and where the ships will be when you want to sail. There are some really exciting destinations. If you are set on Europe are you interested in booking another room?

I would have the date and ship in mind when you call them and the type of rooms. I'm guessing the spirit is going to be two insides for all 8 or 3 rooms to accommodate all 8 of you.

The spirit has a few really big, i think 200 sq ft, insides on deck 6 and deck 9 aft. 9703, 9205, 9207 & 9203. I think the big insides on deck 6 are even bigger than 200 sq ft. The outdoor spaces look very nice and you may do fine with insides. We did OV on the jade med this yr and could have moved to balcony second week of our b2b. My kids wouldn't switch because they liked our room, our steward and the location. Med is one of those sailings that are so port intensive that balcony is not necessarily as important to many people. You may save and have a bunch left over for excursions. If I was on the epic in a minisuite with 4 I would not want to spend much time other than sleeping because it would be so cramped. I don't know your situation ie little kids, adults... So just offering some suggestions. I had no regrets in an OV for Europe but it was just kids and I. The only reason I booked a suite for this sailing was because its just husband and I to celebrate anniversary. If I had 4 in a room I would be looking solely for the most sq ft.

If I were you I would tell NCL that you want to keep your original perks even if you switch to an inside. I think that's a fair trade and it sounds like this displacement department has some ability to honor out of the box requests within reason. Can't hurt to ask.

If you are told no to a switch I would call back. Mine was booked with big box TA so I never spoke with NCL. This makes it even more difficult because you need to explain to TA exactly what you want and hope they are able to communicate it to their ncl rep while you are on hold. If you are booked directly with NCL and don't like your answer, perhaps a nice can you ask your supervisor may help. I was told no on Monday as well but today I got lucky. Make sure you tell them you are willing to either book insides or three rooms though so they understand what you are looking for. If you say you want four in a balcony the answer has to be no because the spirit doesn't have that.

If a totally different cruise is something you would entertain try to figure out what you might want before hand. The first post in thread can help with this. Airfares can be surprisingly low depending where your flying from. You can do a quick google search to get an idea. Good luck.

Edited by littlelulu01

Just got off the phone with my PCC. If I go roughly the same date eg Chrstmas cruise 2016 (obviously what I wanted) it's a CANCELLED booking so I can't use my original Cruise Voucher but must pay £100 per person. Then I will eventually get back my cruise voucher. This is classed as a cancellation - is it me or are they trying to loose the Europeans?:confused:

Definitely trying to lose their European market as sat in TA office on speaker phone to be told some cruises released in USA not released to Europe yet. Looks like money back for us as the whole situation is getting more ridiculous with each day.

Definitely trying to lose their European market as sat in TA office on speaker phone to be told some cruises released in USA not released to Europe yet. Looks like money back for us as the whole situation is getting more ridiculous with each day.

That's pretty bad. And it's further exposition of a larger problem that some NCL reps see more cruises available for booking than others do. Which is terrible.

I'm the poster LittleLulu 01 refers to a couple posts above yours. Basically if you want to switch Epic to Spirit it's no problem...unless, like us, you were four in a mini-suite. So we're on Star HK => Sydney. You can read the blow-by-blow of my experience if you like in another popular thread, the one that asks us to post our changed itineraries.

The potentially interesting bits are a/f:

--I needed to be really persistent to keep my perks (KSF, UBP, UDP, not insignificant!)

--My PCC said she was told that the Asia/Aussie itineraries wouldn't even pop up on her screen. That was only in Displacements, and even there not every staffer had access to them.

So if it's that haphazard internally, it's totally understandable that some offices, like the one you called into, are shut out of certain sailings. Not "reasonable"--not reasonable at all, but understandable in the sense that everything's so chaotic so why the hell not.

I'm sorry you're going through such a hassle. No one should have to.

Just got off the phone with my PCC. If I go roughly the same date eg Chrstmas cruise 2016 (obviously what I wanted) it's a CANCELLED booking so I can't use my original Cruise Voucher but must pay £100 per person. Then I will eventually get back my cruise voucher. This is classed as a cancellation - is it me or are they trying to loose the Europeans?:confused:

What was explained to me (Florida office) was that it's a cancellation if and only if your reservation number changes. If you keep your reservation number (mine is eight digits starting with the number "2") it is an "itinerary switch", not a cancellation.

Your mileage is clearly at variance.

After three calls in two days, I am pretty much done...and ready to cancel. I was unable to find a suitable substitute in the time frame I prefer to replace a B2B in November/December 2016 on Epic, to have cruised Canary Islands and Western Mediterranean.

I was offered Spirit 11-day (Venice to Istanbul) and 11-day (Istanbul to Barcelona) with price protection. Maybe that helps somebody else.

I am not in the market to visit Israel, Greece and Turkey, so not a player for me.

Option 2 (brochure price, without price protection) was the remaining option. It was going to be Panama Canal (partial transit) on Pearl for 11-days. Cost to me as solo is $1,644. I'll pass.

We took the two 11days on the Spirit.....different itinerary, but timeframe works. Kept all "benefits" from the Epic, plus NCL waived any additional fees/charges (22 days vs. the original 21). Same booking numbers. Joe

If I remember correctly, you had 4 in a cabin? How did the cabin thing work out?

After three calls in two days, I am pretty much done...and ready to cancel. I was unable to find a suitable substitute in the time frame I prefer to replace a B2B in November/December 2016 on Epic, to have cruised Canary Islands and Western Mediterranean.

I was offered Spirit 11-day (Venice to Istanbul) and 11-day (Istanbul to Barcelona) with price protection. Maybe that helps somebody else.

I am not in the market to visit Israel, Greece and Turkey, so not a player for me.

Option 2 (brochure price, without price protection) was the remaining option. It was going to be Panama Canal (partial transit) on Pearl for 11-days. Cost to me as solo is $1,644. I'll pass.

I'm sorry about your frustration. Idk if this helps but I figured the Spirit replacement cruise visited more ports than my Epic booking so that made up for the switch. I don't know what your first half ports were but second half ports were Barcelona, Cagliari, Messina, Naples, Rome, Livorno and Palma on the Epic.

On the Spirit you now have quite a few more ports and some are the same as your canceled Epic; Venice, Istanbul, Barcelona, Kusadasi, Athens, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Palma, Rhodes, Zadar, Irekalon, Hafia. So more ports than the Epic had. Not as many on the first half replacement because it is overnighting in some places.

I am a cautious traveler and I loved Turkey and Greece. Kusadasi/Ephesus is my top place visited. I suppose you could treat the places you don't want to see as a sea day like you would have had on the Epic.

Regarding ability to get price protection on the Spirit it's a pretty big offer. Because the Spirit has so many more ports. For example the non price protection on my Spirit 11 night is $8278, but I am getting it for what I originally paid so almost half off. I don't think these prices are inflated on the Spirit either because the ports are very desirable and the ship is much smaller and so will most likely sell out when it goes up for sale to everyone else. You have the added ability to pick your stateroom.

I've been reading a bunch about the Spirit and overall it seems like people who have sailed both the Epic and Spirit just love the Spirit for Europe. There is a guy, KeithJenner, who just sailed the Spirit and has an interesting thread. Sounds like it was his favorite ship to date and I think he's been on the Jade and Epic.

I'm not trying to sway you in any way but just wanted you to know what a potentially incredible offer that b2b Spirit sailing is. Because they are offering you the chance to book around the same time and same price and similar ports just on the different ship you basically have been offered fair trade - much fairer than what others have been offered. It's a heck of a lot better than our email offer of sail now vs next year. I really wish you the best and hope it all works out for you.

What was explained to me (Florida office) was that it's a cancellation if and only if your reservation number changes. If you keep your reservation number (mine is eight digits starting with the number "2") it is an "itinerary switch", not a cancellation.

Your mileage is clearly at variance.

I have a new Christmas cruise, all my "perks" and choice of stateroom. I am VERY happy. This is down to my PCC and NOT the diabolical senior management of NCL which have made a complete dog's dinner on this project!

Edited by AlicanteMac

I have a new Christmas cruise, all my "perks" and choice of stateroom. I am VERY happy. This is down to my PCC and the diabolical senior management of NCL which have made a complete dog's dinner on this project!

Great news Mac!