Cancelled cruises announcement - Epic, Jade, Spirit, Star, Sun

noche_caliente

I am posting what I posted in another thread regarding the affected cancelled cruises in case some of you are not following both threads:

I would encourage everyone who did not feel their cancelled cruise was handled in an appropriate manner to take the issue further and call or write to corporate. After speaking with supposedly the highest person I could in the cancellation dept regarding my issues I asked for contact information for someone higher up to continue with the issue. Bottom line is that I feel like this company did me wrong and did not offer something comparable to what was sold to me, and if we were able to switch to another line with an itinerary that we wanted in a room that we wanted, we would in a heartbeat, however since we were looking for a transatlantic cruise in a suite for a certain timeframe, all other options on other lines that we had 6 months ago when we were making the decision are now sold out.

We will sail with NCL for this cruise because we are basically backed into a corner if we want the honeymoon that we had envisioned for ourselves, and I am sure that we will enjoy ourselves, however the company had the chance to earn our business for a long time, as cruising is our favorite type of vacation, and all they accomplished was making sure we never give them another chance.

For those of you who NCL made it right for, I am very happy for you, as you all deserve to be made whole. For those of you who do not feel like you were made whole, do not give up the fight. Our words are more powerful when they are echoed by others.

I am posting what I posted in another thread regarding the affected cancelled cruises in case some of you are not following both threads:

I would encourage everyone who did not feel their cancelled cruise was handled in an appropriate manner to take the issue further and call or write to corporate. After speaking with supposedly the highest person I could in the cancellation dept regarding my issues I asked for contact information for someone higher up to continue with the issue. Bottom line is that I feel like this company did me wrong and did not offer something comparable to what was sold to me, and if we were able to switch to another line with an itinerary that we wanted in a room that we wanted, we would in a heartbeat, however since we were looking for a transatlantic cruise in a suite for a certain timeframe, all other options on other lines that we had 6 months ago when we were making the decision are now sold out.

We will sail with NCL for this cruise because we are basically backed into a corner if we want the honeymoon that we had envisioned for ourselves, and I am sure that we will enjoy ourselves, however the company had the chance to earn our business for a long time, as cruising is our favorite type of vacation, and all they accomplished was making sure we never give them another chance.

For those of you who NCL made it right for, I am very happy for you, as you all deserve to be made whole. For those of you who do not feel like you were made whole, do not give up the fight. Our words are more powerful when they are echoed by others.

Completely understandable that you won't cruise with them again. However, as much as I wanted to "walk". My cruises with NCL have always been made fabulous by the great crew. To that end, I fought my corner and did get all I wanted. It was a close call whether I cut my nose off to spite me face and walked away or stood firm. I'm glad now I did the latter. Once this debacle has calmed down, I do intend to write to "someone" in Miami.

After waiting for two pcc's to call back or e mail me as they promised on Monday and Tuesday I called again on Friday and got a new person, She listened to my whole story including the problem with b2b cruise. This time when I said that the letter I had gotten clearly offered price protection for a 14 day cruise, she said she would honor it. It took two tries to find the same cabin for both weeks but I kept the same basic price and perks. The port taxes went up about 90 dollars but the OBC of 100.00 covered that. Aside from the hours on hold and sad lack of follow through by the previous Pcc's, I am satisfied with the resolution although I regret not getting to sail on the Spirit.

After waiting for two pcc's to call back or e mail me as they promised on Monday and Tuesday I called again on Friday and got a new person, She listened to my whole story including the problem with b2b cruise. This time when I said that the letter I had gotten clearly offered price protection for a 14 day cruise, she said she would honor it. It took two tries to find the same cabin for both weeks but I kept the same basic price and perks. The port taxes went up about 90 dollars but the OBC of 100.00 covered that. Aside from the hours on hold and sad lack of follow through by the previous Pcc's, I am satisfied with the resolution although I regret not getting to sail on the Spirit.

Glad to hear you're satisfied but understand about Spirit - everyone loves her, including me! I got moved from Epic to Spirit with perks and better cabin so I'm now delighted. Took some effort though!

So glad to read that you're satisfied.

To others in limbo., keep pushing. It may work out yet.

If you have that contact info (email or address) I would appreciate it. We booked the 11-night 3/22/17 on Epic and when our TA called she was unable to get any kind of price protection for the same cruise on Spirit (so we cancelled on Monday). We were offered a smaller room (had a mini-suite) for $800 more. I see now people who called multiple times were actually given the price protection and it's infuriating that NCL can't even be consistent. I would be more than happy to escalate it further.

Edited by jenf22

If you have that contact info (email or address) I would appreciate it. We booked the 11-night 3/22/17 on Epic and when our TA called she was unable to get any kind of price protection for the same cruise on Spirit (so we cancelled on Monday). We were offered a smaller room (had a mini-suite) for $800 more. I see now people who called multiple times were actually given the price protection and it's infuriating that NCL can't even be consistent. I would be more than happy to escalate it further.

We were booked on the April 13th 2017 Canary Islands/Morocco cruise on the Epic. I don't see any European cruises for the same date on the NCL website. Is the info available or do I have to call NCL?

Edited by Donna_In_India

Having similar issues. Had a 14 day east/west caribbean on the spirit. After calling and waiting an hour was told a supervisor would get back to me Friday. Never got the call. Plan to call tomorrow. Had to send them a copy of the email NCL sent me saying I could price protect on a 14 day Epic cruise. Not delighted with the Epic but want to have something booked for the time. Topping it off I g a past due reminder for the balance of my deposit😱

We were booked on the April 13th 2017 Canary Islands/Morocco cruise on the Epic. I don't see any European cruises for the same date on the NCL website. Is the info available or do I have to call NCL?

Sorry that happened to you. It might not be loaded just yet. I would call and keep calling if I were you. Good luck!

Topping it off I got a past due reminder for the balance of my deposit :confused:

I have a similar situation. According to almost all the possible financial places when I sign in to "My NCL" I have a payment to make. :( When I check they say I owe CAD0.01, yes 1c. :confused: However when I go through to "Vacation Summary" it says "Payment Status: Completed" :confused:

Just in case, I do have an old Canadian penny; they are no longer legal tender; which I will take with me so I can clear off my debt!! :) In case they won't accept a Canadian penny I will take an American one too. :cool:

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice; Go the Canucks.

If it is any comfort to those getting past due notices: I was told that it will take the accounting department several weeks to catch up, especially since there are so many exceptions to info already loaded in the computers. I was told to ignore all past due notices. My updated reservation notices from NCL are accurate and those are what count.

If it is any comfort to those getting past due notices: I was told that it will take the accounting department several weeks to catch up, especially since there are so many exceptions to info already loaded in the computers. I was told to ignore all past due notices. My updated reservation notices from NCL are accurate and those are what count.

This could be a real cold comfort to those who have cancelled/have had cancelled their cruise and are waiting for a refund!! :(

Here's hoping you don't have to wait "several weeks" for your refund.

Mike

Pom By Birth; Kiwi by Choice; Go Canucks Go

There is a Venice to Istanbul cruise on the 12th April on the Spirit. You need to call in to get your booking transferred.

Having similar issues. Had a 14 day east/west caribbean on the spirit. After calling and waiting an hour was told a supervisor would get back to me Friday. Never got the call. Plan to call tomorrow. Had to send them a copy of the email NCL sent me saying I could price protect on a 14 day Epic cruise. Not delighted with the Epic but want to have something booked for the time. Topping it off I g a past due reminder for the balance of my deposit😱

Just to update....Called again this morning to try to get thru to the supervisor who was supposed to call me Friday. Nice woman answered after 5 min on hold. She checked and said supervisor is waiting for response from someone higher.:( Supposedly no one else can help me. I explained my issue - original cruise 14 day, new one only 7. She said they are booking old 14 day Spirit cruises as b2b on Epic. SAME ITINERARY!!! Somehow she was able to do that for me. Why couldn't the girl have done it Friday???? Got my email, checked it carefully. Taxes went up a little (as I have noticed others have too) Only change is no Nassau on the Eastern part, they subbed GSC. Actually port charges should have gone down due to that. HMMMMM. Oh well. New cruise is booked. She even moved us nearer to an elevator at my request. I actually feel sorry for these people. What a mess they must be dealing with and obviously even they all don't know what to do. ;)

I just did a mock booking on the Jade out of Tampa 11/2016 and it would have been $800 more because of price increase and no KSF! Thank goodness with everyone's help I persisted and got my cruise transferred from Houston to the Tampa port! I just want to thank everyone here for your support through this. It was a hassle and trying, but well worth it financially!

I just did a mock booking on the Jade out of Tampa 11/2016 and it would have been $800 more because of price increase and no KSF! Thank goodness with everyone's help I persisted and got my cruise transferred from Houston to the Tampa port! I just want to thank everyone here for your support through this. It was a hassle and trying, but well worth it financially!

So glad you're happy! I agree, the support here has been fab!

Great news.

Really glad that all your hard work made it happen.

I tried to book a 21 day cruise from Dubai sailing on Nov. 20/2016. I wanted to keep my included beverage package. Of course, I would have paid the going rate. Norwegian said no. The 2 options offered where not appealing. Norwegian said the drinks package must be for a cruise 16 days or less. Shucks! Back to the drawing board.

Edited by Tangocherie

I gave up. There is no ship sailing that matches the Epic for 21 nights. I called in today in case they had info about the Bliss, but they say they don't. Quite honestly, I don't believe them. I'm sure within a week or so they will announce Bliss will be sailing Europe all of 2017.

Anyway, they applied the $50 to my escape cruise in January. Which I've had booked for ages.

In case there is some confusion, there is a cruise from Dubai on 20th Nov for 21 days. It is the Star on its way from Istanbul to Asia for the summer season.

We have it booked all the way from Istanbul to Singapore (41 days) and are already getting excited about seeing fabulous new places. :D :D :D

Mike & Pauline

Poms by birth; Kiwis by choice.

In case there is some confusion, there is a cruise from Dubai on 20th Nov for 21 days. It is the Star on its way from Istanbul to Asia for the summer season.

We have it booked all the way from Istanbul to Singapore (41 days) and are already getting excited about seeing fabulous new places. :D :D :D

Mike & Pauline

Poms by birth; Kiwis by choice.

How did you book this. I went to the site and can't find it.

Edited by icat2000

How did you book this. I went to the site and can't find it.

I booked through the NCL 'agent' I normally use for booking. :D

But: Go to NCL.com.

Find a Vacation: "Port of Embarkation" --> Dubai

2 Cruise Vacations : "See Results"

Second one

HTH

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice; Go Canucks Go

I found it on an online TA site. NCL pricing is steep for a repo cruise in USD dollars on board against a falling AUD. Meh. Not that tempting. Wanted something like 6k for inside cabin for 21 nights. Next.

The NCL site takes me to the AUD NCL version and I can't find it on the site. Even with your instructions.

Edited by icat2000

I have just gone on to http://www.norwegian***************.au and the "Where would you like to go?" tab has not been updated from the offerings before the new areas that came online today. It only shows a choice of 10 options.

http://www.ncl.com/ give you a choice of 15!! If you go there and then look at "Plan your Vacation" and then "Plan by Destination" you get a Map which shows the new ones. There are also bits and pieces about the Asia and Australia/NZ new cruises.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice; Go Canucks Go