Worried about my behaviour

Am I the only person who keeps checking their booking online to see if the upgrade fairy has visited?:(

The only time I didn't do it, I got a small invoice from RCI and was confused as i knew we had paid in full. Went into the booking and we had been upgraded from JS to a GS!! The invoice was the slight difference in gratuities.

It was even more weird because it was a 'cheap' JS guarantee and the JS room had been assigned & we were more than happy. Then about 2 weeks out, we were upgraded. :D

Our current cruise we had booked an obstructed view balcony and have been assigned a D8, so a kind of upgrade, but one which made us very happy.

I never 'expect' but won't turn down a fab surprise ...

Happy cruising everyone :)

Edited by Jeannie333333

Guilty! I check every few days and even look at the pricing at other cabins in case it is just a few $$$ to upgrade to a higher category.

What I really look for is that new "your cruise documents are ready" email well after they have been initially issued, or even a few days prior to sailing. That usually means you have a cabin change.

Good luck OP

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Am I the only person who keeps checking their booking online to see if the upgrade fairy has visited?:(

The only time I didn't do it, I got a small invoice from RCI and was confused as i knew we had paid in full. Went into the booking and we had been upgraded from JS to a GS!! The invoice was the slight difference in gratuities.

It was even more weird because it was a 'cheap' JS guarantee and the JS room had been assigned & we were more than happy. Then about 2 weeks out, we were upgraded. :D

Our current cruise we had booked an obstructed view balcony and have been assigned a D8, so a kind of upgrade, but one which made us very happy.

I never 'expect' but won't turn down a fab surprise ...

Happy cruising everyone :)

Have never heard of anyone getting an invoice for additional tips after receiving an upgrade. When did this change?

If it helps you pass the time till your cruise time, no problem. FWIW, I checked my last reservation 24 hours before departure and no upgrade, but at the pier! SURPRISE! Keep the faith.

Checking the benefits table, it seems that only D+ and Pinnacle gets priority access to upgrades.

I am D and never been upgraded, so no longer checking as I used to until I get to D+.

keep checking - we were Diamond at the time of our first upgrade !!

Yeah, I check when I am not assigned a cabin, and elsewise too. Would be nice if assigned a better cabin or on a GTY. Have decided GTY is not for me. I would sooner have a cabin in the location I like than risk it for something better. GTY has worked against me and not to my benefit. But never say never right?

We were Emerald at the time of our first (and only) upgrade. I had no idea until we checked in at the Pier. I booked our balcony cabin and knew the number but when the lady told us our cabin number as she handed us our seapasses, I started to get really annoyed that they changed the room on us...until she showed us the deck plan I realized we were now in a JS. "Oh, ok...great!" Lol.

Checking the benefits table, it seems that only D+ and Pinnacle gets priority access to upgrades.

I am D and never been upgraded, so no longer checking as I used to until I get to D+.

We were upgraded twice as Diamonds, so there is hope.

I check twice a day to see if dining has opened up and to make sure everything is correct. Just got an email today telling me to purchase a beverage package, had my reservation number and C&A status on the email and we have already purchased the package. Their online system has screwed my payment up twice so I check everyday to make sure that it's "still paid for."

Never been upgraded and we're diamond.

Guilty! I check every few days and even look at the pricing at other cabins in case it is just a few $$$ to upgrade to a higher category.

What I really look for is that new "your cruise documents are ready" email well after they have been initially issued, or even a few days prior to sailing. That usually means you have a cabin change.

Good luck OP

M

How do you check the pricing of other cabins? Thanks

We were Emerald at the time of our first (and only) upgrade. I had no idea until we checked in at the Pier. I booked our balcony cabin and knew the number but when the lady told us our cabin number as she handed us our seapasses, I started to get really annoyed that they changed the room on us...until she showed us the deck plan I realized we were now in a JS. "Oh, ok...great!" Lol.

We had the exact same scenario...emerald...upgrade from balcony to JS with no notice. We got hooked and have booked JS or above almost every cruise since.