Question about Florida Discount

Hammergirl

We live in Minnesota, but we own 2 homes in Florida that we use as rentals. Is it possible to get a Florida discount since we technically own 2 homes there? All of the utilities and such are in our names so I am just curious what you need to provide in order to prove your a Florida resident? Do they ask for this when you board the ship?

Maybe. Call the cruise line(s) and ask. Tell them as little as possible about the rental but be sure to say the utility bills are in your name. Any discounts might be attached to short notice offers for cruises that are not sold out. If they send by e-mail, perhaps you could take advantage of them?

Edited by sail7seas

Hammergirl, you would need to provide a valid Florida driver's license, state-issued ID or current passport. From RCI's website: Residents of particular states may be eligible for special rates. We want to make sure you receive the best price offer possible. A valid driver's license, state-issued ID or current passport will be required for validation at the pier.

Hammergirl, you would need to provide a valid Florida driver's license, state-issued ID or current passport. From RCI's website: Residents of particular states may be eligible for special rates. We want to make sure you receive the best price offer possible. A valid driver's license, state-issued ID or current passport will be required for validation at the pier.

How can a passport prove Resident Rate eligibility?

Our friends own a place in Florida & winter there

They got a Florida DL & use it for discounts

You may have to use a Florida address when booking a cruise in order to get a Resident's discount

Florida discounts pop up every so often, but I have not seen one lately or ever used it. Im a Florida resident/ home owner, and to use the resident discounts at the parks you must show Florida as your legal residency. A drivers license. I have booked military rates and they want proof I served, doubt if they will take your word.

Florida discounts pop up every so often, but I have not seen one lately or ever used it. Im a Florida resident/ home owner, and to use the resident discounts at the parks you must show Florida as your legal residency. A drivers license. I have booked military rates and they want proof I served, doubt if they will take your word.

This is not completely true. You can get WDW Florida passes by showing a utility bill.

Our friends own a place in Florida & winter there

They got a Florida DL & use it for discounts

You may have to use a Florida address when booking a cruise in order to get a Resident's discount

Are your friends residents of Canada? If so, perhaps they are permitted to hold a U.S. and Canadian Drivers License. Can you have a license in more than one Province?

I wonder if U.S. residents are permitted to hold a Drivers License in two states. I think one must choose which state they live in and that is the only state where they are licensed.

Can anyone confirm?

Edited by sail7seas

Utility bill with your name and Florida address is just fine.

With cruise lines it is not a discount , it is a residents rate code.

Many states are eligible for Resident Rates, not just Florida when they pop up

prior to Final Payment.

As stated , the Florida Residency discounted rates are more common with the theme parks , ect..

Are your friends residents of Canada? If so, perhaps they are permitted to hold a U.S. and Canadian Drivers License. Can you have a license in more than one Province?

Yes they are Ontario residents & Canadian Citizens

they own a home in Florida & stay there 6 mths of the yr

They have a FL drivers's license they use to get discounts in Fl

Legal I have no idea ..they have not be arrested yet & have been doing it for over 10 yrs

As to Provincial licenses I have never tried to get one elsewhere usually when you move to another Province or City for that matter you have to notify the DMV within a specific time frame

I can only speak for RCi but they frequently have offered reduced rates based on state of residency, not limited just to FL. These discounts, when applicable, are typically available anytime during the ship's booking process.

However, as many of their US based ships are based in one of the four FL ports, they have often discounted last minute (past final payment) rates for FL residents due to the convenience of travel and port logistics, and high retirement population with flexible schedules in order to fill any remaining staterooms with select cruises.

Not sure how that will all be handled now as there is discussion of RCI holding rates past final payment since they typically book full with their fleet regardless of pricing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind