After Final Payment notification

kruisey

Naming the CD for your cruise.

I personally would like that name before final payment if i am going to be on a long cruise with many sea days.

Have been on a cruises like that were I have not enjoyed their itineraries.

I know this will not bother some of you but to me personally this can make or break a long sea days cruise when one travels solo.

Yes I would cancel before final payment if I knew I was going to be stuck with these guys on my many sea days:eek:

Edited by kruisey

Several times I've had staff changes made between the emailed notification & embarkation. Notifications are not always accurate & if depending upon the accuracy of that info as a deal breaker criteria, you could still be unhappy when arriving at the ship.

I have not had the CD or any staff member greatly affect my cruise experience but understand that's not how everyone feels about it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I personally would like that name before final payment if i am going to be on a long cruise with many sea days.

I know this will not bother some of you but to me personally this can make or break a long sea days cruise when one travels solo.

Yes I would cancel before final payment if I knew I was going to be stuck with these guys on my many sea days:eek:

It would be exceedingly impractical to have a cruise line guarantee who your CD was going to be...They have a tough business to manage...CDs are employees--they can leave or be dismissed at any time...and don't have to give two months+ of notice...and the cruise line needs to be able to move its personnel around for their own reasons...

And no way they let you get out of your booking after final payment because they've moved a CD...What if you want a particular waiter? or cabin steward? Should they name those ahead of final payment and let you out if it's going to change?

All you've booked is a cruise...The cruise line even reserves the right to change the itinerary...We've had port dates change and ports cancelled--at the last minute...BUT, when you read your cruise contract, you realize that they can do this. It is one of the inherent risks of cruising. There is only so much they are going to guarantee you...and for good reason. Otherwise, managing the business would be impossible.

Don't count on emails. CD's schedules change often.

Even if you found out close to the cruise there is no gty they will be there when you board.

If you need absolute confirmation and it plays a big part in your decision it might be best to not do a cruise. :(

Cancel for any reason Princess ins. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We base our cruises on pricing and scheduled ports. If we don't care for the offerings in the Patter, we make our own fun.;)

If we would like to see a certain activity offered, we sometimes we make a suggestion to the CD. Despite what one reads on CC, most CD's have been accommodating to our requests.

All you've booked is a cruise...The cruise line even reserves the right to change the itinerary...We've had port dates change and ports cancelled--at the last minute...BUT, when you read your cruise contract, you realize that they can do this. It is one of the inherent risks of cruising. There is only so much they are going to guarantee you...and for good reason. Otherwise, managing the business would be impossible.

+1

Srpilo

Even if you found out close to the cruise there is no gty they will be there when you board.

If you need absolute confirmation and it plays a big part in your decision it might be best to not do a cruise. :(

Cancel for any reason Princess ins. ;)

I wonder if the "any reason" has been "I don't like the Cruise Director"!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd love to hear the response to that claim!!! :D

Can I have a list of the guest entertainers and the dates they will be on board before final payment?

This is very important for my enjoyment of the cruise

:rolleyes:

Edited by Corfe Mixture

We were on a B2B and there was to be a new CD on the second segment.

On turnaround day we said goodbye to the old CD and that day's list of events had the new CD's name.

After we sailed away, we found the old CD was still with us. Seems the new CD missed a plane connection.

So, even by the morning of the day you are boarding you may not know who the CD will really be.

We could care less who the CD is, we don't go on a cruise because of a CD.

We could care less who the CD is, we don't go on a cruise because of a CD.

That is also your personal view I respect that

Some us us like myself are interested in the ships activities on a long cruise.

That is also your personal view I respect that

Some us us like myself are interested in the ships activities on a long cruise.

Let me put it another way....

Ever buy a ticket for a play....starring some actor you'd really like to see?

And...when you show up the night of your ticket, they make an announcement that, tonight, "the part of the lead will be played by the ubderstudy"???

Guess what...Them's the breaks...it happens...

You bought a ticket for the production...You don't control the cast or any of the particulars....

Same with the cruise...You only bought a ticket to a cruise...how they deliver that is up to them...not to you...

Let me put it another way....

Ever buy a ticket for a play....starring some actor you'd really like to see?

And...when you show up the night of your ticket, they make an announcement that, tonight, "the part of the lead will be played by the ubderstudy"???

Guess what...Them's the breaks...it happens...

You bought a ticket for the production...You don't control the cast or any of the particulars....

Same with the cruise...You only bought a ticket to a cruise...how they deliver that is up to them...not to you...

But don't they then usually offer a refund if requested?

I have seen/observed some passengers hanging on every word entertainment staff have to say . Found this a bit annoying if I was sitting nearby but can't imagine booking a cruise based on the entertainment staff but I guess it is important some.

Everyone marches to a different drum.

Agree with most responses. If I had my druthers, I would choose to know the evening headliners, such as comics and magicians. But still none would make us change our anticipated cruise. If we don't enjoy the entertainment or CD, we still enjoy each other and the opportunity to cruise.

Safe Journeys. Paul

I'd like a list of all the passengers. There are several people from past cruises that I do not want to have any contact with again.

Several friends have commented that they will cancel their cruise if they found out so and so was on it, even after final payment.