Is this a reasonable price?

SCHappilyRetired

Back to a serious note:

The original question is like asking "Is $2600 pp a reasonable price for a cruise?". So many details missing.

Carnival or Crystal?

Ft Lauderdale to Bahamas or to Antarctica?

3 days or 3 weeks?

Completely different answers, all depending on the parameters.

So....for the OP and the readers/lurkers:

PLEASE supply details so that you can get a reasonable, well-informed opinion. I promise I will NOT stake out your airport/cruiseport/hotel and then look for you by the cruiseline tags on your luggage. :)

Yes, refraining from posting personal details is a very good idea in public forums (I can't believe how much people put on the internet about their homes, lives, family, travel plans and more). But anonymous data and specific inquiries can only give better information as a result.

Off the soapbox.

$2600 r/t for business class to Europe is pretty darn good. It's almost too good...is this through a consolidator by any chance?

(I've definitely seen prices like that before, but not often)

Edited by Zach1213

$2600 r/t for business class to Europe is pretty darn good. It's almost too good...is this through a consolidator by any chance?

(I've definitely seen prices like that before, but not often)

That is usually in the Premium Econ price range. I've got a cruise out of BCN myself next year and looking to visit London in Jan or Feb for a "long weekend" and if I could find a biz class seat for either trip at that price i would grab it so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

Is this Icelandic Air? I've heard but have no proof that their Business Class is more like Econ +

Business Class on FI is like what you would have found in USA domestic first 10 to 15 years ago. Heavily padded Barcalounger style seats, arranged 2-2 on a 757. Leg rests and significant recline but not a modern intercontinental business product. OTOH, Saga Class is significantly less in cost than what you would find with other carriers.

There are photos available on the FI website that can show you what the seats look like.

And no, this is not like Econ+ (or similar USA products). And not like Premium Economy either.

Edited by FlyerTalker

The OP said in his(her) post right above yours that it is Delta.
And my post was to clear up any possible misconceptions about FI's Saga Class. Hope the OP got those seats at that price. (Even though DL pricing like that is part of what is drying up award availability across the pond). And we are still wondering if it was a conso fare or direct from DL.

And we are still wondering if it was a conso fare or direct from DL.

Just for fun, I checked completely random dates for next July on ITA Matrix, and this is the pricing I'm getting for the OP's itinerary, so I'm going to say that it was a published fare - and if anyone else is looking at biz for Europe next summer out of JFK, there are some fab rates to be had!