No smoking Not enforced on Navigator

rkd1

OK, OK, Royal FAMILY. :D :D I stand corrected.

You know, if they are so afraid to stop it you have to wonder if it's a Royal executive. Stranger things have happened. I seem to recall someone posting here awhile back that 2 officers were caught smoking on their balcony by a passenger and got shamed into stopping.

Hi, we are currently on the Navigator of the Seas in a junior suite just above a royal family suite. The people in the room have smoked our entire trip making our balcony unusable.

We have reported it 6 times to guest services ( one fellow we talked to didn't even know it wasn't allowed). We even enlisted the help of Nadja the concierge who has tried to help us to no avail. I have even talked to the head of guest service wh has been of no use.

It looks like to me if you spend enough money on a room you get to do what you want! Ironic thing is we are in that room next week.

call SECURITY if Guest services won't do anything. and the Hotel director( Head of GS boss)

If no one on the ship was willing to confront them I'd go do it myself, and in the nicest way possible. That way I was positive they knew for a fact they were wrecking someone elses vacation. Good luck, hopefully it gets resolved for you!

Hi, we are currently on the Navigator of the Seas in a junior suite just above a royal family suite. The people in the room have smoked our entire trip making our balcony unusable.

We have reported it 6 times to guest services ( one fellow we talked to didn't even know it wasn't allowed). We even enlisted the help of Nadja the concierge who has tried to help us to no avail. I have even talked to the head of guest service wh has been of no use.

It looks like to me if you spend enough money on a room you get to do what you want! Ironic thing is we are in that room next week.

calll SECURITY and the Hotel Director. I am surprised Nadja couldn't light any fires. she usually gets plenty done.

I have pictures but I don't know how to post! They actually said to me do you have proof. ( why would I lie? ) . I said yes & he looked at them 4 days ago but so far no change. I even invited them to my balcony to see for themselves but so far no visitors!

Guest maddycat

Go to the captain's corner (scheduled question and answer time with the captain and ship's officers). Ask the captain why nothing is being done to stop these people from smoking on their balcony. State that it is RCI policy and that you have not been able to use your balcony for the entire cruise due to the smoke.

It's disappointing that Royal allowed this to continue it's disappointing that the cabin attended didn't complain as well. I would have been filling the ice bucket with water every time their lit up and pouring on to the balcony that would catch some ones attention.

I have pictures but I don't know how to post! They actually said to me do you have proof. ( why would I lie? ) . I said yes & he looked at them 4 days ago but so far no change. I even invited them to my balcony to see for themselves but so far no visitors!
Great directions here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1234944 Edited by FLACRUISER99

Finally got a call from head of guest services( love cruiser critic ) . They will finally investigate but it's a little late. Of course they tried to blame it on a new employee till I told them about Nadja involving the hotel director staff officer. That caused a pause. We wil see but my week was not what we expected.

What exactly are they afraid of? It's their policy, just warn them and add the $250 fine to the account. Obviously they are sheltering this person for some reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were concerned about losing the tip on a RFS suite...

Finally got a call from head of guest services( love cruiser critic ) . They will finally investigate but it's a little late. Of course they tried to blame it on a new employee till I told them about Nadja involving the hotel director staff officer. That caused a pause. We wil see but my week was not what we expected.

I applaud you for continuing to fight for your rights. I would be both terribly disappointed and furious at this point:(:mad:

I hope the rest of your cruise is wonderful. Please continue to update us:)

If someone on a balcony below me were smoking, I would be sending multiple buckets of ice water down there over the railing... very important to put out a fire when you're on a ship, don't you know? :D

I truly understand why the OP is upset but doing what you suggest is wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you did that you would find yourself waving goodbye from the dock and rightfully so.

Pull your gratuities and tell them why. It's a drop in the bucket to RCI; but all that money goes through RCI before it gets to the employees. They haven't resolved your issue no matter how high the chain of command you went.

Just give cash to your steward and dining team that have taken care of you. deny RCI the benefit of passing that cash through them first. They'll start to get the hint.

I wonder about the legality of taking pictures of guests. If I saw someone taking my picture while on my personal balcony, whether there was smoking involved or not, their camera would go overboard.

If you're outdoors, you are in public. You are the only one that has paid access to your own balcony, but you don't really have an expectation of privacy there.

I truly understand why the OP is upset but doing what you suggest is wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you did that you would find yourself waving goodbye from the dock and rightfully so.

two wrongs don't make a right, but hey, if they can't prove where the water came from (or apparently, even if they COULD prove it in this case no one cares).

I wonder about the legality of taking pictures of guests. If I saw someone taking my picture while on my personal balcony, whether there was smoking involved or not, their camera would go overboard.

It's perfectly legal. It's like someone taking a picture of you while you are in the front yard of your house.

Edited by time4u2go

It would upset me as well. I would be down at GR asking for something be done with the picture taker. It would very creepy to me knowing that someone was invading my privacy.

It would upset me as well. I would be down at GR asking for something be done with the picture taker. It would very creepy to me knowing that someone was invading my privacy.

RCI aren't doing anything about a guest repeatedly breaking a policy; why would you think they'd do something about someone not breaking a policy?

two wrongs don't make a right, but hey, if they can't prove where the water came from (or apparently, even if they COULD prove it in this case no one cares).

They would if the person injured someone. You are doing what you are accusing the smoker of doing. This makes no sense to me.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I wouldn't do that. I'd get security involved. If not security may be hauling you away. You have no right to touch someone or their property.