why was labadee dropped from so many itineraries?

dorito6778

Again, NOT mistaken. Though the southern I was on was an 11 night out of Bayonne. It stopped at labadee, st Thomas, st Martin, at kitts, San juan and Antigua.

The eastern was at Thomas, st Martin, labadee

The western was Cozumel, costa maya, labadee.

We are booked on Serenade for B2B 10 day and 11 day southern out of PE with no stops in Labadee. This is March and April 2017.

Both of those cruises look great for their itineraries, but the poster I was referring to believed there were no Southern Caribbean cruises stopping in Labadee. Just wanted to let them know there was indeed an RCCL Southern itinerary including Labadee in case they were interested in it. After I retire, I would be overjoyed to do either the B2B itinerary on the Serenade that you will be going on or the Navigator for its itinerary that I mentioned (personally, I would love the sea days on the Navigator for the flowrider if my body still permits me to do it once I eventually retire). Enjoy your B2B on the Serenade.

Again, NOT mistaken. Though the southern I was on was an 11 night out of Bayonne. It stopped at labadee, st Thomas, st Martin, at kitts, San juan and Antigua.

The eastern was at Thomas, st Martin, labadee

The western was Cozumel, costa maya, labadee.

See post 30 ;)

Allure Western will be stopping in Labadee in Jan/Feb. There is currently a computer glitch causing Allure's itineraries to include Nassau instead of Labadee.

What makes you say it's a computer glitch? I'm booked on Allure Nov 2015 and it's listed as Nassau, Falmouth, Cozumel. Are you saying this is incorrect?

Both of those cruises look great for their itineraries, but the poster I was referring to believed there were no Southern Caribbean cruises stopping in Labadee. Just wanted to let them know there was indeed an RCCL Southern itinerary including Labadee in case they were interested in it. After I retire, I would be overjoyed to do either the B2B itinerary on the Serenade that you will be going on or the Navigator for its itinerary that I mentioned (personally, I would love the sea days on the Navigator for the flowrider if my body still permits me to do it once I eventually retire). Enjoy your B2B on the Serenade.

That's our retirement cruise. We even got the RS for the second leg. Chomping at the bit to see the 2017/2018 schedule

We did a 9 night on Legend this past December. It did the ABC's and Ocho Rios. I agree Labadee can be included on Southern cruises out of the state's if they are longer than 7 days

Edited by John&LaLa

We have sailed Eastern, Western AND Southern. The only route that we have sailed that went to Labadee was Western. I believe that the OP must be mistaken.

The Voyager cruise on my cruise list below was Eastern - From Miami to Nassau, to St Thomas, to SanJaun, and Labadee. Got me hooked on cruising.

OMG--I LOVE Labadee!! Been there twice and would gladly go there more often! You must not be a "beach" person! So sorry:(

I love the Beach, but so far haven't seen a good reason to want to go to Labadee. Our cruise stops there but it certainly wasn't a selling point.

Three times for us now Labadee has been substituted as a port of call on southern Carib cruises

we had already booked. No warning...no email...no notice. Labadee is fine for those that have not been there that often, but for us we have been there far too many times and it has become way too over commercialized. It used to be a nice stop when it was a tendered port. Much more natural and less "Disneyfied" Now it has become an obvious RCL money maker. No surprise they love to stop there...totally captured income. :rolleyes:

Those three times (Legend cruise twice) we missed out on a port of call we would have preferred, and had originally booked. :(

We are booked on Serenade in January and February which replaced Legend's itinerary with (so far anyway) Labadee not listed as a port of call. I hope they don't change ports on us again. :eek:

Edited by island lady

Three times for us now Labadee has been substituted as a port of call on southern Carib cruises

we had already booked. No warning...no email...no notice. Labadee is fine for those that have not been there that often, but for us we have been there far too many times and it has become way too over commercialized. It used to be a nice stop when it was a tendered port. Much more natural and less "Disneyfied" Now it has become an obvious RCL money maker. No surprise they love to stop there...totally captured income. :rolleyes:

Those three times (Legend cruise twice) we missed out on a port of call we would have preferred, and had originally booked. :(

We are booked on Serenade in January and February which replaced Legend's itinerary with (so far anyway) Labadee not listed as a port of call. I hope they don't change ports on us again. :eek:

Just to clarify, those trips seem to be out of FL not SJ, correct

Being that your user name is live2dive, I'll be diving this time in Nassau. I've been to Nassau 6 times, this time I'll have that to look forward to. At least that gets good reviews.

The one redeemable quality of Nassau. Great shark dives. Have a terrific time an be safe.

Pulled the attached from RCCL's website this morning. That doesn't seem in any way shape or form normal. Meanwhile there is one Western itinerary showing Labadee, so if it is a "glitch" it doesn't seem to be universal. Was that confirmed with anyone at RCCL? I really would like to take Allure but have zero desire whatsoever to go to Nassau.

rccl.jpg.b2d7441a31d97ed194dbd42664ec27a7.jpg

Pulled the attached from RCCL's website this morning. That doesn't seem in any way shape or form normal. Meanwhile there is one Western itinerary showing Labadee, so if it is a "glitch" it doesn't seem to be universal. Was that confirmed with anyone at RCCL? I really would like to take Allure but have zero desire whatsoever to go to Nassau.

Check out this thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2184012&highlight=allure+western+nassau Specifically posts #13 and #15. There was a period of time when the website was corrected, but then changed back to Nassau again recently.

What makes you say it's a computer glitch? I'm booked on Allure Nov 2015 and it's listed as Nassau, Falmouth, Cozumel. Are you saying this is incorrect?

We are booked on the Nov 29,2015 Allure sailing and it listed Labadee when we booked, but now it says Nassau! It seems to change often !

It was confirmed awhile back by Royal. There was also a note on the website saying that the listed itinerary may be different than the actual itinerary. It seems the glitch has not been fixed, and now shows Nassau again. Will most likely go Labadee instead.