why was labadee dropped from so many itineraries?

dorito6778

Despite what the OP entitled this thread, it appears that he is seriously mistaken and there has been no dramatic change in the number of visits to Labadee scheduled for RCI ships. No need to panic folks, just a bit of misinformation.

i have not been mistaken. i have sailed RCCL several times and regardless of the itinerary (Eastern, Western, Southern) it has ALWAYS stopped at Labadee. Now i'm looking to book a 7 night out of FLL in Jan or Feb 2016 on either Quantum, Oasis or Freedom class. Out of 7 possible cruises, TWO are stopping at Labadee. That to me a severe DROP in Labadee stops.

We really enjoy Labadee and like other posters, would happy to have more than one day there!

Edited by dorito6778

i have not been mistaken. i have sailed RCCL several times and regardless of the itinerary (Eastern, Western, Southern) it has ALWAYS stopped at Labadee. Now i'm looking to book a 7 night out of FLL in Jan or Feb 2016 on either Quantum, Oasis or Freedom class. Out of 7 possible cruises, TWO are stopping at Labadee. That to me a severe DROP in Labadee stops.

We really enjoy Labadee and like other posters, would happy to have more than one day there!

I beg to differ, the Caribbean itineraries have not always stopped at Labadee.

Having said that, I have counted no fewer than 17 sailings offering Labadee in Jan and Feb of next year, granted Freedom is out of Port Canaveral and Indy less than 7 nt

Edited by melbur

Yeah you must be right, RCCL hates having that captive audience spending their money just with RCCL. I'm sure they want to minimize Labadee stops................

We have always enjoyed our stops there, but wouldn't want to overnight:rolleyes:

We've been on 5 southern route RCCL cruises the past 7 years and NONE have stopped in Labadee.

Edited by bouhunter

Yeah you must be right, RCCL hates having that captive audience spending their money just with RCCL. I'm sure they want to minimize Labadee stops................

We have always enjoyed our stops there, but wouldn't want to overnight:rolleyes:

We've been on 5 southern route RCCL cruises the past 7 years and NONE have stopped in Labadee.

That's probably because Labadee is considerably west of San Juan. Southern cruises don't head that way, unless they come out of northern ports on longer voyages.

I've only done Labadee on westers out of PC and PE

I have only done labadee on western sailngs.

I agree Nassau is a dump. we NEVER even bother to get off the ship. Unfortunately on the oasis class ships.. Nassau is just a stop you have to deal with if you do an eastern. It's just a sea day for us, with less people on the ship.... would much rather it do labadee then Nassau...

Allure, Oasis, Independence, Navigator, Freedom, and occasionally Anthem all are visiting Labadee in January and February of 2016. Vision also stops there on a couple one-off 9/10 night itineraries.

Many Celebrity ships also stop at Labadee- one of our favorite ports. They also sometimes use another island-something " key" . Also nice, but I prefer labadee. If the weather is raining- sometimes the ship will not dock. Happened to us- also our last celebrity cruise to labadee departed early due to rough seas.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Our biggest problem with cruising is that we have been to all these islands so many times. Even ones we really enjoy like St. Thomas get old after a few visits. I wish some new ones would open up. Cuba soon?

Try the southern Caribbean, the Aruba Bonaire and curacao are wonderful if you haven't already. Also central America, that was very interesting- But you have to either leave from Puerto Rico or take a two week cruise.

Actually we enjoy port days and stay on the ship. We have sailed so many times to the islands and sometimes just enjoy the amenities of the ship on port days. We also enjoy the beach, so try to spend time at the beach if we do get off the ship.

Nassau, Labadee, Cozumel.........if I never went back to any one of them it would be too soon! I'll just enjoy the ship.

Being that your user name is live2dive, I'll be diving this time in Nassau. I've been to Nassau 6 times, this time I'll have that to look forward to. At least that gets good reviews.

Entering my 10th year of cruising, I've seen some changes to both Labadee and Coco Cay. I'd like to see the some effort to improve snorkeling at Labadee and add some scuba diving. Nature plays some part, but I think it could be developed.

I still think your mistaken, the comparisons just aren't valid. Because all of your cruises stopped there doesnt' really mean anything. You mentions southern. Pick any year in the past 10 years and all of the routes that could be called southern and I'll be 10% or less stopped at Labadee. In the past 10 years I've been on 3 eastern cruises and only 1 stopped at Labadee. I'm only talking about 7 day cruises.

I don't care to stop at Labadee. I was there before all the rides and such were added and it was pretty, but it's "fake". It's like a manufactured Disney resort. I prefer to go to REAL ports, preferably more undeveloped. (Dominica and St. John are favorites.) I want to see things I wouldn't see visiting Florida while visiting the Caribbean.

That's probably because Labadee is considerably west of San Juan. Southern cruises don't head that way, unless they come out of northern ports on longer voyages.

I've only done Labadee on westers out of PC and PE

Yes I know. I was responding to OP who claimed their southern cruises had stopped at Labadee.

Our biggest problem with cruising is that we have been to all these islands so many times. Even ones we really enjoy like St. Thomas get old after a few visits. I wish some new ones would open up. Cuba soon?

We've vacationed in Key West and Marco Island many many times and haven't gotten tired of them.:p I look at cruising the same way, re-visiting places we've enjoyed before, with a beautiful ship to enjoy as a bonus:)

Edited by bouhunter

We've vacationed in Key West and Marco Island many many times and haven't gotten tired of them.:p I look at cruising the same way, re-visiting places we've enjoyed before, with a beautiful ship to enjoy as a bonus:)

I agree their are certain ports I have been to tons of times that I still look forward to. but... I have sailed to so many ports. When I go with my friends, they like to try different ports since they don't sail nearly as often as I do...

i have not been mistaken. i have sailed RCCL several times and regardless of the itinerary (Eastern, Western, Southern) it has ALWAYS stopped at Labadee.

It has been my experience that eastern routes typically stop at Coco Cay and western routes typically stop at Labadee. I have never been an eastern itinerary that stopped in Labadee.

I have never been on a southern itinerary either, but will do it some day.

It seems to me that the number of stops in Labadee is pretty consistent. Two out of seven might be fairly accurate especially if several have an eastern itinerary.

It has been my experience that eastern routes typically stop at Coco Cay and western routes typically stop at Labadee. I have never been an eastern itinerary that stopped in Labadee.

I have never been on a southern itinerary either, but will do it some day.

It seems to me that the number of stops in Labadee is pretty consistent. Two out of seven might be fairly accurate especially if several have an eastern itinerary.

We have sailed Eastern, Western AND Southern. The only route that we have sailed that went to Labadee was Western. I believe that the OP must be mistaken.

Here is a link to Cruisett port schedule for Labadee in Jan 2016.

Of the 31 days in January there is at least 1 ship there 20 of the 31 days.

Of the 29 days in FEB 2016 there is a ship there 19 days

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Haiti/369-Labadee/January_2016/

To me that's a lot.

I don't think I've ever seen a southern route go to labadee and the only eastern routes that go are the 8 nighters I think.

Not sure about overall, but Allure Western has stopped in Labadee in the past.

To the OP's point, looking at the Jan/Feb Allure sailings for Western Carribean, Labadee is not listed as a stop.

Allure Western will be stopping in Labadee in Jan/Feb. There is currently a computer glitch causing Allure's itineraries to include Nassau instead of Labadee.

Also, in Summer 2016, Allure will be including Labadee on several Eastern routes, in addition to the Westerns.

I don't think I've ever seen a southern route go to labadee and the only eastern routes that go are the 8 nighters I think.

I convinced friends of mine to take the 9 day cruise on the Navigator on April 14th, 2017. It leaves Florida, and does the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) and also stops in Labadee on the way down. It is selling for $609 for an inside cabin right now. An absolute steal for that number of days to those port on a great ship (IMO). I only wish I could go on it but my work schedule does not permit me to take time off in the month of April.

I convinced friends of mine to take the 9 day cruise on the Navigator on April 14th, 2017. It leaves Florida, and does the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) and also stops in Labadee on the way down. It is selling for $609 for an inside cabin right now. An absolute steal for that number of days to those port on a great ship (IMO). I only wish I could go on it but my work schedule does not permit me to take time off in the month of April.

We are booked on Serenade for B2B 10 day and 11 day southern out of PE with no stops in Labadee. This is March and April 2017.