Can you book at the pier ?

Gilbo

Cruise lines submit preliminary manifests to DHS & CBP at 72 hrs, Final manifest sent at 48 or 24 hrs depending on cruiseline. Typically once final manifest sent they allow no new bookings or name changes.

Rather than trying to book at the pier you would want to call various cruise lines directly and see what, if any, rooms are still available at about 72 hrs out. Prices will most likely be high, and selection limited, if rooms can even still be had. As others have said the ships sail full and Christmas/New Years are two of the most expensive, and heavily booked, weeks of the year.

Lots of misinformation here. It's possible that cruise lines submit a manifest 72 hours in advance....But that is not the final manifest. That is submitted 60 minutes before sailing. Most lines allow you to call the day/evening before sailing and book - but you have to call, can't do it online. With Carnival, you can call in the morning and sail in the afternoon. this does mean that you would have to be there to check in 90 minutes before sailing, as you would not be able to do online checkin. EM

I've always wondered the same thing. I was going to a wedding downtown Vancouver and one of the Celebrity ships was in port. I looked at it was trying to figure out if I should go to the wedding or just go to the ship and see if i could get on for an Alaska cruise. [emoji13]

Hi,

I am not sure how Celebrity does short notice booking but I know NCL does.. we were cruising out of New Orleans once and several people showed up saying they had called the night before.

I was also checking out the Princess website. You can sign up for short notification cruises. When I retire I think that will be one of the first things I do.

I have booked on a friday at 6pm EST for a cruise that leaves on Sunday at 4pm. Just last summer Summit to Bermuda. Even got an AquaClass cheaper than a veranda, and with no single supplement!

Hi,

how do you handle the transportation to the port city from your residence on such a short notice ?

For me (and probably for a lot of us if not most of us) it would be almost impossible: either no air available , .... or very expensive tickets.

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

I am not sure how Celebrity does short notice booking but I know NCL does.. we were cruising out of New Orleans once and several people showed up saying they had called the night before.

I was also checking out the Princess website. You can sign up for short notification cruises. When I retire I think that will be one of the first things I do.

Good luck with that. I've had that little box checked with Princess for years and have never, ever been offered a last-minute cruise. I live within 1-2 hours of two ports too. :(