Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Once again proven---- don't believe an RCI e-mail.

Just booked Brilliance for Jan 2018. Was looking at a particular sailing and wanted cabin 1100.

I guess it's 10:30 somewhere .

Probably realeased at 10:30 in Guam. Isn't that one of the first islands west of the date line

Am I missing something here? Do you guys get a good price for booking right away when the itineraries come out? This is a long thread and so far the prices seem high? Should i be pricing some cruises out right now? Will I miss out on a good price?

It seems that many cruises/categories have the best prices right when the itineraries are released. At least it seems that way with suites.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Anthem's new itineraries? It seems to be mostly Bahamas. Where are the 9 night Caribbean sailings? And there's only a handful of 12 night Southern. Where are the 12 night Western? I personally think these itineraries are terrible.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Anthem's new itineraries? It seems to be mostly Bahamas. Where are the 9 night Caribbean sailings? And there's only a handful of 12 night Southern. Where are the 12 night Western? I personally think these itineraries are terrible.

We've never considered Anthem as we don't want to cruise from a cold weather port. But regardless the itin's have always looked pretty sad......

It seems that many cruises/categories have the best prices right when the itineraries are released. At least it seems that way with suites.

The corner aft JS's on the Rhapsody repo in April 2017 are still available. Thinking about booking them and hope the price comes down. ;)

That's the typical RCCL problem with it's huge ships - due to the size, the choice of itineraries is limited... :rolleyes: - very sad, the megalomania of RCCL is reducing the flexibility of ship's deploymentsmore and more.

Look at Radiance or Vision Class- those are the ships offering more varied and longer itineraries.

I must admit: The Canada/NE itineraries on Rhapsody including Quebec are quite appealing! :)

VERY!! I love Anthem, and Cape Liberty is my home port too, so I was really hoping for something different. Done/doing all the Caribbeans. Done/doing Canada/NE. Doing Bermuda. Some new ports would be fun...

I am just short of crying. Agree with everything you have said and sooo disappointed. Who the heck wants to go to Orlando...Nassau...Miami....UGH. SO MANY itineraries for going NORTH. WTH??????:mad: Hardly anything for the Caribbean....We love cruising in September/October. NOTHING

Edited by champagne123
vvvvv

That's the typical RCCL problem with it's huge ships - due to the size, the choice of itineraries is limited... :rolleyes: - very sad, the megalomania of RCCL is reducing the flexibility of ship's deploymentsmore and more.

Look at Radiance or Vision Class- those are the ships offering more varied and longer itineraries.

I must admit: The Canada/NE itineraries on Rhapsody including Quebec are quite appealing! :)

We've had pretty good Caribbean itins out of CL in the past. Anthem did a nice mix of between 9-12 night Caribbean itineraries. It did 12 night Western as well as 12 night Southern and 9 night Eastern Caribbean going to Labadee, St. Thomas. 7 night Bahamas are pitiful and what Anthem seems to be doing the most during 2017-2018. :mad:

This ship is not huge in comparison to the Oasis Class. We have it booked to many Caribbean Islands in October. San Juan, Bermuda, St. Maartin, Labadee ....it fits in most ports. St. Kitt..St. John...Barbados.St. Thomas...Dominica.....on and on.....but for some reason, the second half of 2017 and 2018, they are not including them.

Who the heck wants to pay an exorbitant amount of money to go to NASSAU...ORLANDO....MIAMI ....UGH. Can you tell I am angry????

Edited by champagne123
fffffffff

This ship is not huge in comparison to the Oasis Class. We have it booked to many Caribbean Islands in October. San Juan, Bermuda, St. Maartin, Labadee ....it fits in most ports. St. Kitt..St. John...Barbados.St. Thomas...Dominica.....on and on.....but for some reason, the second half of 2017 and 2018, they are not including them.

Who the heck wants to pay an exorbitant amount of money to go to NASSAU...ORLANDO....MIAMI ....UGH. Can you tell I am angry????

Apparently RCCL is confident there are enough customers who book "for the ship" and not the ports. I suppose Oasis class ships have shown them that is working just fine. We're looking forward to 7 booked cruises, but I don't know if we'll still be sailing them in 5-10 years if this mega ship/minimal ports trend continues......:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

The corner aft JS's on the Rhapsody repo in April 2017 are still available. Thinking about booking them and hope the price comes down. ;)

You're starting to sound like someone else I know who lives in your neck of the woods.

I ended up booking the 12 night Anthem in January and the repo on Rhapsody in October. I hope I'm not bored on the small ship after being on Anthem, but at least it's new ports for me. I'm still looking for something in the spring 2018, but not crazy about Nassau. I was hoping for a 12 night like I'm doing in 2017,but it's not there for 2018.

Apparently RCCL is confident there are enough customers who book "for the ship" and not the ports. I suppose Oasis class ships have shown them that is working just fine. We're looking forward to 7 booked cruises, but I don't know if we'll still be sailing them in 5-10 years if this mega ship/minimal ports trend continues......:rolleyes:

You are absolutely right..and we also cruise for the "ship"....so I am one of those...BUT.....MIAMI? ORLANDO? These are not Ports of Call....they are HOME PORTS. :mad::mad::mad:

I ended up booking the 12 night Anthem in January and the repo on Rhapsody in October. I hope I'm not bored on the small ship after being on Anthem, but at least it's new ports for me. I'm still looking for something in the spring 2018, but not crazy about Nassau. I was hoping for a 12 night like I'm doing in 2017,but it's not there for 2018.

I was looking at that cruise also. I asked on the prior page if anyone has an opinion of the Rhapsody, but no one answered (BOB)...LOL.

The only thing I don't like, is that we would have to fly back to NJ. Who knows what those prices are going to be. BUT....the Itineraries look amazing.

Booked a few itineraries on Rhapsody and Serenade this morning for February 2018. No hold button so I put down some deposits and I'll figure it out this week. Prices seemed high for release day.....but I grabbed the cabins that I wanted and will wait for some price reductions in the future. Maybe??

Edited by Beachammo

I'm shocked:eek::eek: You're going to pull an Ellen???:p

Edited by molly361