Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Apparently RCCL is confident there are enough customers who book "for the ship" and not the ports. I suppose Oasis class ships have shown them that is working just fine. We're looking forward to 7 booked cruises, but I don't know if we'll still be sailing them in 5-10 years if this mega ship/minimal ports trend continues......:rolleyes:

I'm usually one of those people, but Oasis class goes to the CARIBBEAN. St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Labadee, etc. I do not want to sail to Florida and the Bahamas in the winter. It's not even warm in those places. I'm glad I've already experienced this ship because I don't see it in my future.

I'm usually one of those people, but Oasis class goes to the CARIBBEAN. St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Labadee, etc. I do not want to sail to Florida and the Bahamas in the winter. It's not even warm in those places. I'm glad I've already experienced this ship because I don't see it in my future.

I don't blame you:D We fly to Florida and cruise from there:)

Florida can be warm but there are no guarantees..........

Edited by bouhunter

Tried to book it myself on-line but couldn't get it to go through so called RCI rep and waited on hold for about 5 minutes. I had tried to book the Navigator for the 9-nt from Miami on March 2, 2018 to the ABC islands and had corner aft #1388 all set but could not get the d*** thing to go through!:mad: So called the rep, who said that it may still be out there on hold. Lo and behold the Lord was listening cause wallah! I got it!:p We are D members and total price for that balcony, less all of the discounts and plus paid grats and insurance, came to ........... drum roll please ........... $2,398.42. It seems a little high to me, especially cause they either give you the C&A balcony discount or free grats but NOT BOTH! So, in essence, anyone can get the same price whether a C&A member or not, right? Doesn't seem fair to me but I want to go, so I'll just grit my teeth for awhile but will still have a great cruise!!;) Anyone else notice this?

Edited by SilkySal
spelling

I was looking at that cruise also. I asked on the prior page if anyone has an opinion of the Rhapsody, but no one answered (BOB)...LOL.

The only thing I don't like, is that we would have to fly back to NJ. Who knows what those prices are going to be. BUT....the Itineraries look amazing.

I check the flights for this October to get an idea. Not too bad $135 non stop.

I have points to use so it really will be costing me nothing.

Tried to book it myself on-line but couldn't get it to go through so called RCI rep and waited on hold for about 5 minutes. I had tried to book the Navigator for the 9-nt from Miami on March 2, 2018 to the ABC islands and had corner aft #1388 all set but could not get the d*** thing to go through!:mad: So called the rep, who said that it may still be out there on hold. Lo and behold the Lord was listening cause wallah! I got it!:p We are D members and total price for that balcony, less all of the discounts and plus paid grats and insurance, came to ........... drum roll please ........... $2,398.42. It seems a little high to me, especially cause they either give you the C&A balcony discount or free grats but NOT BOTH! So, in essence, anyone can get the same price whether a C&A member or not, right? Doesn't seem fair to me but I want to go, so I'll just grit my teeth for awhile but will still have a great cruise!!;) Anyone else notice this?

That seems like the case all to often these days:rolleyes: But for a 9 night that price isn't awful by todays standards. Especially getting into spring break season and including insurance. And a great cabin:) We had 1388 on Adventure a couple weeks ago, very nice!

Edited by bouhunter

That seems like the case all to often these days:rolleyes: But for a 9 night that price isn't awful by todays standards. Especially getting into spring break season and including insurance. And a great cabin:) We had 1388 on Adventure a couple weeks ago, very nice!

Yes, I agree. It's not awful, by any means, and, besides, in my experience, most of the time, prices go up, not down!;) Very satisfied and looking forward to that aft corner balcony!:cool: However, I will also watch the rise and, possibly, the fall, of prices over the next several months!:rolleyes:

Booked a few itineraries on Rhapsody and Serenade this morning for February 2018. No hold button so I put down some deposits and I'll figure it out this week. Prices seemed high for release day.....but I grabbed the cabins that I wanted and will wait for some price reductions in the future. Maybe??

Unfortunately someone in our group has to travel Easter week. The prices are just ridiculous. I would love your price on that 9 night corner aft. That's the cruise we were looking at.

Ahh it's out but not sure what to do. Rhapsody 7 night to Bahamas is much cheaper than Anthem 5 night to Bermuda. We've never been to Bermuda before though and the Bahamas itinerary we've done numerous times on different ships & lines. Never sailed Rhapsody before. Sailed Anthem and loved it. This will be for our wedding. Ahh decisions decisions.

Anyone know what is going on with December 2 -14th? Cruise Cal has it listed as a 12 night. RCCL is showing nothing on the website.

That's the one I am waiting for. Plan to book it on-board next week.

Edited by WeatherFx

Booked a 2018 Navigator trip. Very happy with the itinerary and price of 9 days. Some of the other trips I had to look twice at the price. I thought I was hallucinating.

May I ask the sailing date? This morning I booked B2B on Navigator April 22 and April 27 2018 paid my deposit and was able to get my preferred cabin and now I cannot enter my reservation number on My Cruises.

I called C&A D+ desk and they could not bring it up and spoke to Resolutions who is looking into it.

On the RCI website there are no April/18 Sailings now.

You are absolutely right..and we also cruise for the "ship"....so I am one of those...BUT.....MIAMI? ORLANDO? These are not Ports of Call....they are HOME PORTS. :mad::mad::mad:

Even though it's kind of silly, lots of people want to squeeze in a trip to Disney or Universal when stopping in PC. And huge crowds go to KSC. Last time I was at the port, Anthem had 4-5 NASA tour busses loading up.

Yesterday the Breakaway passengers got to watch them unload the Falcon that landed on her floating platform. It was a unique experience. I didn't get over until she was already on the dock, but still cool to see it

6f2fa54f6038853ecb778ddc752cf2c1.jpg

512f1b3d2c143546a6d198c3447a6db0.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa