Princess Loyalty Program

pairodocs

I have a question as to when the platinum level take effect.

We have a 5th cruise booked for 11/2015 and a 6th cruise booked for 12/2016 and we understand that for the 5th cruise we are considered medallion cruises under the current program. Do we have to complete the 6th cruise to become platinum cruisers or are we considered platinum cruisers after we complete the 5th cruise and receive platinum perks during our 6th cruise?

Thanks for any and all who take the time to answer our question.

Sue Ann & Chuck

"pairodocs"

Hey guys:

Thank you all for your information. We were thinking that you had to complete the 6th cruise before the perks kicked in. Glad we don't!! After November, I guess we'll start working on Elite status. Looking forward to not having to wait in long lines at check in and tender calls.

Ya'll have a great day now

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

How does this work for single cruisers?

Single cruisers pay a the price for two and receive 2 cruise credits for each cruise. It is really 5 cruise credits to get to Platinum, not 5 cruises. SO for example if you take three cruises as a solo cruiser, you will wind up with six cruise credits and be Platinum after your third cruise.

Single cruisers pay a the price for two and receive 2 cruise credits for each cruise. It is really 5 cruise credits to get to Platinum, not 5 cruises. SO for example if you take three cruises as a solo cruiser, you will wind up with six cruise credits and be Platinum after your third cruise.

Correct. Not in the middle of your third cruise as you will not have your 5th (and 6th) credit until that third cruise has ended.

I have a question as to when the platinum level take effect.

We have a 5th cruise booked for 11/2015 and a 6th cruise booked for 12/2016 and we understand that for the 5th cruise we are considered medallion cruises under the current program.

As others have said, you will be platinum after the end of your 11/2015 cruise.

However, even though you will be platinum, the personalizer for your 12/2016 cruise may still show ruby as that was your status when you booked the 12/2016 cruise.

If that happens, all you need to do is call Princess after your 11/2015 cruise and they will update the personalizer to show the platinum status.

Hey guys:

Thank you all for your information. We were thinking that you had to complete the 6th cruise before the perks kicked in. Glad we don't!! After November, I guess we'll start working on Elite status. Looking forward to not having to wait in long lines at check in YES :D and tender calls NO :(.

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

Once you are Platinum, see above.

You have to be Elite for preferred Tender status.

I'm sailing Solo in a Suite so I earn 3 Cruise Credits per sailing. I think this means for me, and if I'm wrong, someone will politely advise where I made the mistake-everyone's so helpful on Cruise Critic and you learn such lots of useful information!:

Blue-1st cruise, earning 3 points and receiving my Gold Card.

Gold-2nd cruise, earning another 3 points and receiving my Ruby Card.

Ruby-3rd cruise, earning another 3 points and receiving my Platinum Card.

Platinum-4th & 5th cruises, earning 6 points and receiving my Elite Card.

My 6th cruise is planned as my 60th Birthday Present to myself, sailing to Tasmania. I learnt from Cruise Critic to purchase a Future Cruise Certificate while on Board, so the next cruise I have a reduced Deposit, and some On Board Credit. I must double-check if 2 night cruises, when a Future Cruise Certificate is used, provide On Board Credit, I have more 2 night cruises available to choose from. Even needing to fly to Sydney for embarkation isn't a problem, I can stay at the Airport hotel overnight then taxi to the Overseas Passenger Terminal for embarkation.

I'm sailing Solo in a Suite so I earn 3 Cruise Credits per sailing. I think this means for me, and if I'm wrong, someone will politely advise where I made the mistake-everyone's so helpful on Cruise Critic and you learn such lots of useful information!
You are correct. A solo sailing in a full suite receives three cruise credits.

I'm sailing Solo in a Suite so I earn 3 Cruise Credits per sailing. I think this means for me, and if I'm wrong, someone will politely advise where I made the mistake-everyone's so helpful on Cruise Critic and you learn such lots of useful information!:

Blue-1st cruise, earning 3 points and receiving my Gold Card.

Gold-2nd cruise, earning another 3 points and receiving my Ruby Card.

Ruby-3rd cruise, earning another 3 points and receiving my Platinum Card.

Platinum-4th & 5th cruises, earning 6 points and receiving my Elite Card.

After 1st cruise you will have three cruise credits giving you Ruby status for your second cruise.

After your 2nd cruise you will have six cruise credits giving you Platinum status for your third cruise.

You are correct that after 5 cruises you will have have 15 credits and thus be Elite for your sixth cruise.

They also count cruise days.

After your first cruise of any length you are Gold.

After 30 days cruising you go to Ruby for your next cruise.

After 50 days cruising you go to Platinum for your next cruise.

After 150 days cruising you go to Elite for your next cruise.

We have done two cruises with Princess, one of 13 days and one of 17 days, so are now Ruby. I'm hoping to do a 21 day cruise next year which will take us to Platinum. :)

After 1st cruise you will have three cruise credits giving you Ruby status for your second cruise.

After your 2nd cruise you will have six cruise credits giving you Platinum status for your third cruise.

You are correct that after 5 cruises you will have have 15 credits and thus be Elite for your sixth cruise.

THANK YOU! I misunderstood the Captain's Circle information and got myself confused between Cruise Credits and number of cruises. *shakes head at her confusion!*

I also seem to have got a bit muddled with the Future Cruise Credit and On Board Credit. I DO understand there is a Reduced Deposit of USD$100, currently AUD$125, which is much cheaper for me in securing the booking. On Board Credit is a nice little bonus, but the ability to go into the TA with their Thank You Chocolates and Souvenirs, and make the booking for the next cruise with less than half the cash upfront that I needed for the original cruise, is also a VERY valuable benefit. I already know the approximate cost of my International Travel Insurance so I plan to start a "Saving For The Next Cruise Account." It's well within my budget, just hadn't fully understood the potential! Trust an impartial person to see the nitty-gritty details> :D

yes you do not get any OBC for a 2 nighter but 3 nights you do get $18.75
and Robinsoncruiseso.

THANK YOU! Your information is most helpful. The current plan is, once I know how I tolerate the ship's movement, to take the Thank You chocolates and their souvenirs in to the TA on the Wednesday after the laundry has been hung out. I know to allow AUD$125 for the Reduced Deposit using a Future Cruise Credit, which is, for me, an even better deal than the On Board Credit, although that's very nice too! I have, based on what I paid for Internation Travel Insurance for the original cruise, budgeted AUD$250, allowing for inflation. I plan to start "saving" a little extra to be left in the savings account that pays me the best interest, it's 1.33 times the rate I get from the account which has the Debit/Credit card linked to it. I'm planning to save at my regular bank, and manually transfer the money, allowing for the "withdrawal fees" to my other account BEFORE I go to the TA to make the booking for the next cruise. I will have the 2017-2018 brochure by then, and I should have found out the cruise availability online even earlier.

and Robinsoncruiseso.

THANK YOU! Your information is most helpful. The current plan is, once I know how I tolerate the ship's movement, to take the Thank You chocolates and their souvenirs in to the TA on the Wednesday after the laundry has been hung out. I know to allow AUD$125 for the Reduced Deposit using a Future Cruise Credit, which is, for me, an even better deal than the On Board Credit, although that's very nice too! I have, based on what I paid for Internation Travel Insurance for the original cruise, budgeted AUD$250, allowing for inflation. I plan to start "saving" a little extra to be left in the savings account that pays me the best interest, it's 1.33 times the rate I get from the account which has the Debit/Credit card linked to it. I'm planning to save at my regular bank, and manually transfer the money, allowing for the "withdrawal fees" to my other account BEFORE I go to the TA to make the booking for the next cruise. I will have the 2017-2018 brochure by then, and I should have found out the cruise availability online even earlier.

i see you are cruising on the Golden Princess 11th november 2016 Sydney to Melbourne and i'm on that one also so we might bump into one another but with the FCC it should only cost $100 AUD but you are better off buying 3 or 4 and have some for another cruise....they are good for 2 years but they can be extended

i see you are cruising on the Golden Princess 11th november 2016 Sydney to Melbourne and i'm on that one also so we might bump into one another but with the FCC it should only cost $100 AUD but you are better off buying 3 or 4 and have some for another cruise....they are good for 2 years but they can be extended

THANK YOU I didn't understand that point. Had planned to get 1, now considering 2, using 1 when I get back home, and using the 2nd as soon as I can determine the next cruise date, so there's 2 cruises booked-1 closer to sailing than the other. As long as I keep separate folders for each cruise, it shouldn't be a problem for the TA, she says she'd had FAR worse clients to deal with than I am!

Looks like I might need to set up several "Savings Targets" in the 1 bank account, portioning each fortnightly payment into the different cruise bookings in a ledger book proportionally. Not a big hassle to organise, just something I hadn't previously thought of.

RKMW, I'm budgeting on the known AUD$ equivalent value of USD$100, better to over-budget than be scrambling to organise the funds! :D I'm not a coffee drink, more into Sodas and Ice cream, but we could easily arrange to meet and have a drink and something from the International Café to eat. Horizon Court looks to be a bit challenging with my walker-crowds and carrying a tray safely is awkward for me, and I prefer to have the walker close by me rather than be stuck at a table relying on sticks for mobility in a crowd. I've almost fallen due to someone knocking the stick I had my weight on almost out from under me, I screamed in fright, and caused a bit of a commotion. Someone kindly grabbed me from behind JUST in time to prevent me falling-he was most apologetic about where he'd had to put his hand, grabbing me, I was laughing, his wife was right beside him as the Chaperone. In an emergency, good manners often go out the window until the crisis is controlled, I understood he was trying to prevent a fall and injury, and had no problems with his actions. The culprit that knocked the stick was told by quite a few people what they thought of his carelessness, and his own mother really chewed his ear for bad manners! Poor guy learnt a sharp lesson that night, but he's found his niche-he retrained after a redundancy as an Occupational Therapist, and is really good at it!

Horizon Court looks to be a bit challenging with my walker-crowds and carrying a tray safely is awkward for me, and I prefer to have the walker close by me rather than be stuck at a table relying on sticks for mobility in a crowd.

Usually Princess staff in the buffet area will happily carry your tray for you. You should not have to try to carry it yourself when using your walker.

Usually Princess staff in the buffet area will happily carry your tray for you. You should not have to try to carry it yourself when using your walker.

They really are very good about doing that. Actually, they use large plates, not trays on Princess.

Also, the Princess buffet staff brings your beverage to you which is helpful to those with or without a walker. :)

Edited by OCruisers

crochetcruise.......you wont have to worry about changing money to USD because if you check the personalizer it will show this ....... Onboard Currency: Folio charges will be in AUD

Edited by rkmw