Parking in fort lauderdale....

rjrice1

Park N Go is the only parking we use from Ft Lauderdale.

We tried premier it was terrible. We also tried a Hotel and park Don't remember the name but it was close to but west of I 95 on SR 84 . All I can say is I felt I needed a weapon on my nightstand.

We always use Park N Go as well. That said I just went to their website getting ready to book parking for next month and they are charging $10.50 per day.

I don't recall them being that expensive. Did they just raise the rates?

Now I have to go look at port parking. I think that is $15.00 per day which now makes Park N Go not as cost effective as it has been in the past.

I believe it is $20.00 per day at the port..

and $5.00 at the Embassy Suite hotel where we are staying before the cruise and only 1/2 mile away. For a 11 day cruise that does add up.

Close to everything too.

How much are y'all saving. I just pay the rate at the port and have the convenience of being able to walk my luggage 100 yards to my vehicle and leaving 5 minutes after I exit customs.

Parking Fees

$3 for 0-1 hour

$6 for up to 5 hours, and then $1 per hour thereafter up to daily maximum

$15 daily maximum

$19 daily maximum for oversized vehicles (those that exceed the standard width and/or height of a parking space).

All daily rates begin when you pull the parking ticket from the machine at the garage or parking lot.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/parking-rates/

---------------------------

a savings of $5 per day for 7 days is only $35. Not worth it to me. I prefer to get out of there sooner and have less stress at the port...plush I will get back home in time to attend my kid's soccer game that morning.

Park N Go and Park N Fly are both near the southern port entrance. I've had online codes for them or discounts for prebooking. I don't think I've paid over $7 or $8 a day for parking in their lots.

I just looked at their website a couple of weeks ago and I am fairly certain it was $7.99 so the $10.50 must be new. It is $12 per day if you don't pre-pay

We also use Park n Go. Tried Embassy Suite and hated it. They messed up our return trip. Waited over 1hr for them. Never again,.

Irene

At the cheap parking rate of $5.00 per day...If the ES shuttle wasn't there I would not have waited an hour and would have easily jumped into a taxi instead.;)

NO they charge more.. so I just booked the hotel directly through them and then booked my parking..

I wouldn't wait for a shuttle either.. for the few dollars take a taxi at least back from the port. (taxi is only around $10.00)

Even call the hotel and spoke to the parking people they told me to go on this site to save $$... Very nice of them too.

Walking distance from store and restaurants too...

Nice area as well..

We are going in the high season as well.

But if you check out http://www.buyreservations.com or http://www.stay123.com they do have what you may want.

Is there free parking and shuttle anywhere there at fort lauderdale if you stay in their hotel?
Edited by rjrice1

Just found a site for parking on the Embassy Hotel..

http://www.airportparkinginc.com $5.00 per day plus transportation to and from the port.

Even if you book at the Embassy call them directly.. save $$$ and then book for the parking.

We used these guys for our cruise last march and everything worked well.

Funny thing, we stayed at ES and I called them about park and stay. Was told that was "no longer available". When we arrived at ES, the parking valet asked if we wanted to leave our car there while we cruised. I mentioned the "no longer available" and was told that parking was not through the ES.

It was very convenient so we left the car with them. We didn't use their shuttle and used cabs back and forth to save time. We probably saved a few bucks over port parking. We wanted a quick and hassle free parking. Cost was not a prime consideration. We were facing a 12 hour drive home so speed was more important.

While we recommend them highly, we won't be using them on our next cruise. We weren't able to book a hotel close to the port due to the boat show. If we're going to have to drive to the port, we'll just use the port parking. We'll see how that works.

However, our next cruise after next, we have a room at ES and we will be using this guys again.

rjrice1- did you complete the booking? I am just wondering because was looking at the $5 rate for my upcoming cruise, but when I went to check out the taxes and fees were $60 bringing the total to $110. I figured it might be an issue with the website, but I ended up booking with Park N Go since it was less hassle.

-Janine

How much are y'all saving. I just pay the rate at the port and have the convenience of being able to walk my luggage 100 yards to my vehicle and leaving 5 minutes after I exit customs.

Totally agree! The rate at the port is so worth it to us. Also, a porter will take our luggage to our car. EASY! :)

We have used Park N Go every time we have cruised out of Ft Lauderdale; most recently end of July. We paid $7.99, booked ahead online. Highly recommend! I hope their prices haven't increased to the point that they become an unattractive option😞

Yes for a total of 13 days it came to $73.00

Staying at the Embassy also so instead of paying the hotel the extra $$ did it with them.

rjrice1- did you complete the booking? I am just wondering because was looking at the $5 rate for my upcoming cruise, but when I went to check out the taxes and fees were $60 bringing the total to $110. I figured it might be an issue with the website, but I ended up booking with Park N Go since it was less hassle.

-Janine

Totally agree! The rate at the port is so worth it to us. Also, a porter will take our luggage to our car. EASY! :)

The porters will take my bags to my car??? This is great news. I am a solo cruiser and am considering Park and Go or Park n Fly for my cruise next March. I had eliminated port parking because I would have to haul my two suitcases and carry on bags when I returned. This is the first time I have heard that the porters will take your suitcases to the car. I so prefer the location, the fact that it is covered, I get to keep my keys, and the security of it. I am definitely rethinking my parking options for March.

Yes, I know the offsite parking is less expensive and the shuttles come quickly. I really want covered parking and not to have to valet my car.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ParknGo IS $12 a day if you DONT PREPAY.......If you PREPAY it's only $8.99 per day......I just did a mock booking with them for a 11 day cruise in March...it FIRST shows the $12 rate BUT JUSF SCROLL A LITTLE FURTHER.....and there it is. Prepay $8.99 per day