Dining with kids? Royal Suite and concierge class

wdjpvaz

Hoping someone can help. We are taking our first celebrity cruise to Alaska on millennium in July 2016. We (husband and wife) are in a royal suite and the kids are in a connecting balcony cabin that is concierge class. Can our children join us for meals in Luminae? Can any of our group dine at Blu? Could the kids join us in our suite for room service meals? Will they let us order room service for 4 to the royal suite even though only 2 are listed in room?

Who do we contact onboard about arranging meals together?

Thanks!

The kids can dine with you in Luminae for a price. Breakfast, I believe, is $20 per person, lunch is $35 and dinner is $50 (someone can correct me if my prices are incorrect). But, dining for them is also based on a space available basis. You, in the suite, will be billed for the extra cost. They will definitely NOT be allowed to dine in Blu. You and your spouse will, but not the kids, and they are EXTRA strict about this.

Yes, you all can have room service in your suite.

Edited by kitty9

It all depends on the age of the children. Those under 12 may eat with their parents in Luminae. If over 12, you would be required to pay if they eat in Luminae. If they were adult guests, it is not guaranteed/likely that they could eat in Luminae more than once or twice.

The children would not be allowed to eat in Blu in any circumstance but anyone in the Royal Suite may eat their.

Anyone may join you in your suite for a meal at any time , not just the children. You could, in theory, order room service for any number or people. There have been rare reports of PH guests ordering a meal for over 20.

As you are in a Royal Suite, you may eat in any specialty restaurant without charge. You would need to pay for the children and, if they are under 12, they would not be permitted in Murano [and equivalents].

As you are in a Royal Suite, the best person to speak to about any arrangements would be the Michael's Club concierge or, even, the shore-side concierge when they contact you pre-cruise.

Thanks for the replies- kids are 16 and 14, so assuming they can eat with us anywhere except Blu (as long as we are willing to pay)?

Yes, that is correct, except they will/may be restricted on how many times they may eat in Luminae. It would help Cruise Critic member to answer similar questions in future if you report back here after your cruise what your experience was.

Edited by Project_gal

Why not book the PH for all of you to share? I would not think it is much more expensive than a RS plus C.

All will dine in Luminae or specialities for free, all will get drinks packages. There is loads of room in the lounge area for one of the kids in the sofa bed and the other in a roll out.during the day there is bags of room. In suite dining is super in the PH with having the butlers pantry....Oh and you have the master on suite full bathroom and a second bathroom the kids could use. Just to top it off the balcony is amazing....

Just an idea.

Why not book the PH for all of you to share? I would not think it is much more expensive than a RS plus C.

All will dine in Luminae or specialities for free, all will get drinks packages. There is loads of room in the lounge area for one of the kids in the sofa bed and the other in a roll out.during the day there is bags of room. In suite dining is super in the PH with having the butlers pantry....Oh and you have the master on suite full bathroom and a second bathroom the kids could use. Just to top it off the balcony is amazing....

Just an idea.

If memory serves, the butler told me the capacity of the PH is 3. Is my memory failing me?

I have just done a mock booking for 4adults in the PH on the Millie for Alaska no problem.

We have cruised several times in the PH with 3 adults and find it so much better than two separate rooms. As the cabin has a clear entrance splitting in two directions it really offers so much privacy and the space, dining and sitting areas are wonderful.

With the added complications of dining now it makes the M class PH even better for small family adult groups.

I have just done a mock booking for 4adults in the PH on the Millie for Alaska no problem.

We have cruised several times in the PH with 3 adults and find it so much better than two separate rooms. As the cabin has a clear entrance splitting in two directions it really offers so much privacy and the space, dining and sitting areas are wonderful.

With the added complications of dining now it makes the M class PH even better for small family adult groups.

Many rooms can accommodate up to 5 passengers 2 adults and 3 children. You are unable to book this on line. You will need to call Celebrity Reservations and they can over-ride the booking limitation.

Hoping someone can help. We are taking our first celebrity cruise to Alaska on millennium in July 2016. We (husband and wife) are in a royal suite and the kids are in a connecting balcony cabin that is concierge class. Can our children join us for meals in Luminae? Can any of our group dine at Blu? Could the kids join us in our suite for room service meals? Will they let us order room service for 4 to the royal suite even though only 2 are listed in room?

Who do we contact onboard about arranging meals together?

Thanks!

Just had two couples (all adults) in the RS. I'd cancel the connecting balcony veranda and have everyone together. As pointed you you will all have the benefits then of eating wherever you wish.

If you go this route, please come back and let us know the Celebrity accepted your request and any further details.

Thanks.

There are significant differences between the RS and PH on M and S class making them more/less suitable, I think, for sharing.

The OP was looking at Millie which has IMHO a great PH for sharing but unless I am mistaken the RS does not have a second bathroom and the guests in the living area would need to go into the bedroom to use the bathroom, unlike on the S class RS where there is an extra half bathroom off the lounge.

There are significant differences between the RS and PH on M and S class making them more/less suitable, I think, for sharing.

The OP was looking at Millie which has IMHO a great PH for sharing but unless I am mistaken the RS does not have a second bathroom and the guests in the living area would need to go into the bedroom to use the bathroom, unlike on the S class RS where there is an extra half bathroom off the lounge.

Correct except that you do not have to go into the bedroom to reach the bathroom in the M-class RS.

Thanks for the replies- kids are 16 and 14, so assuming they can eat with us anywhere except Blu (as long as we are willing to pay)?

If u have a TA I would contact them for first hand info... also on board it is up to the Maitre d and he could make exceptions for you ...

Actual things on board are executed differently then off shore ...:)

CC

• 4 months later...

Thanks for all the info. We are staying with the RS connecting to concierge class as we want two bathrooms and the PH is not available.

Back to dining question- someone mentioned a shore side suite concierge? How do I contact them to help with dining reservations?? The regular 800 number people I am afraid are quite unhelpful. Also we are sailing in July 2016, how far in advance should I make reservations?

The shore side concierge will contact you 1 - 2 weeks before the cruise. Not sure what type of dining arrangements you want to make. If you want to book specialty dining you usually have to pay for all 4 up front and then get a refund in the form of a refundable on board credit once you sail.

As others have said, your children will not be able to dine in Blu. They can dine in Luminae for a price on a space available basis. The other option is to eat in the MDR in select dining.

We had the RS and connecting concierge for one of our sailings. This was prior to the suite only restaurant being introduced. We were told by our butler that the kids would not be allowed to eat at Blu, but they were pretty much taken care of as if it was a two bedroom suite. The butler always made sure they had snacks and they were welcomed at Michaels anytime, even without mom and dad. We didn't worry about Blu. I am sure that they will be allowed to eat with you at the suites only dining at any time, but you should expect to pay for them. You may get lucky though... I would email michaels club concierge and explain the situation and request dining reservations for the four of you.

If you have the connecting cabin to a suite don't they consider the whole thing to be a suite.

No not really, although personally I think they should. We had the PH and the connecting sky suite for the kids and we looked at it as having a two bedroom suite. This was prior to sky suites being allowed in michaels so there was no guarantee that they would be allowed. We ended up not having any issues and they were afforded the same perks. Actually that sailing, our entire extended family pretty much had the same perks, the rooms ranged from ocean view to concierge. This was our experience during this one sailing, but I wouldn't expect on it happening again.

We had the RS and connecting concierge for one of our sailings. This was prior to the suite only restaurant being introduced. We were told by our butler that the kids would not be allowed to eat at Blu, but they were pretty much taken care of as if it was a two bedroom suite. The butler always made sure they had snacks and they were welcomed at Michaels anytime, even without mom and dad. We didn't worry about Blu. I am sure that they will be allowed to eat with you at the suites only dining at any time, but you should expect to pay for them. You may get lucky though... I would email michaels club concierge and explain the situation and request dining reservations for the four of you.

Thanks! how do I email Michaels Club Concierge? (Sorry to be so clueless, first celebrity cruise.). How far in advance should I contact them too?

You actually should receive an email from them prior to the cruise to see if there is anything they can assists with. I wouldnt be too concerned about it, once onward, they will take care of you. From what i understand, the email should be --_michaelsclubconcier ge@celebrity.com. The -- indicates the ship. Not sure if you indicated what ship you are on. Apparently the -- are the initials. Maybe someone who has contacted them prior might know. I always just wait for the email or once we board for any special requests.