looks like Joiquin will hit HMC

SeaBands

I was thinking about HMC. There has already been so much beach erosion since HAL first started going there that I hate to think they could lose even more beach. Hope the caretakers in Eluethera stay safe.

Looking at the track of Joaquin, it appears that he already passed just north and west of HMC as he's headed SW. Hopefully the island weathered the storm well. Biggest problem is that Joaquin is meandering right now, giving him a chance to do damage because of the length of time he's in place.

Looking at the track of Joaquin, it appears that he already passed just north and west of HMC as he's headed SW. Hopefully the island weathered the storm well. Biggest problem is that Joaquin is meandering right now, giving him a chance to do damage because of the length of time he's in place.

Last I heard was it is moving at under 5 mph which not only gives it so much time over warm water to strengthen but pounds those areas it hits for extended periods of time.

The latest model runs from Thursday 11am (EDT, Z-4) indicate that Joaquin will probably stay east of Half Moon Cay. The most likely path is over San Salvador Island, but possibly as far west as Cat Island, on Friday.

This storm has been pretty unpredictable, so tonight's update may change the forecast track significantly. Joaquin still has not made the expected turn to the north; once that happens, it should be slightly more predictable.

I hope it stays well east of the whole coast. The rain it will drop will cause incredible flooding not to mention the winds.

It very well comes closer to hitting Hamilton, Bermuda, than New Jersey or Maryland. It's going way out to sea.

It very well comes closer to hitting Hamilton, Bermuda, than New Jersey or Maryland. It's going way out to sea.

My sister is taking her very first cruise on Saturday, sailing from New Jersey to Bermuda and returning next Thursday (on RCL)! I told her that it could get pretty rough out there, so take seasick pills with her. I am sure RCL will sail around the bad weather, but seas will be rough. Not a good first cruise (likely her last I bet)!

I certainly don't wish such a horrid storm on beautiful Bermuda and her wonderful people. Hopefully the only who will suffer this storm as it moves north are the fish.

Latest most trustworthy model shows it doing exactly that - hundreds upon hundreds of miles east of the east coast yet a good deal west of Bermuda. They'd see rain and some wind but nothing major of course. Let's hope that stays the course (it should, it's been incredibly consistent since early this week).

Damn! :mad: I was so looking forward to my first visit to HMC in 2 weeks. Prayers for everyone in the Bahamas. Their lives are much more important than my cruising desires.

Amen. So true. The trees and vegetation will always grow back but lives can never be replaced.

My sister is taking her very first cruise on Saturday, sailing from New Jersey to Bermuda and returning next Thursday (on RCL)! I told her that it could get pretty rough out there, so take seasick pills with her. I am sure RCL will sail around the bad weather, but seas will be rough. Not a good first cruise (likely her last I bet)!

I would advise your sister to pack a water resistant jacket, long pants and a sweater or two just in case they change the itinerary to Canada/NE. Such an itinerary change has been made in the past if Bermuda was in the path of a storm.

I would advise your sister to pack a water resistant jacket, long pants and a sweater or two just in case they change the itinerary to Canada/NE. Such an itinerary change has been made in the past if Bermuda was in the path of a storm.

Thanks - will do - great idea! She is driving to the port, so extra luggage is not an issue.

Edited by DaveOKC

Hope your sister enjoys her cruise up to Halifax and the region, I don't see a way she's going to Bermuda and pass through a Cat 2-3 'cane.

Thanks for the inputs so far about going to Canada instead. Now, is anyone familiar with the parking at the Cape Liberty port in NJ - specifically if flooding could be a problem??

I do so hope Mother Nature hears you, and comes through.

I'm scheduled to fly out of PVD to connect in Philly right about the time the hurricane is coming by.

Providence may escape, but Philly is a lot closer to the action.