Current Suite bathroom amenities on Silhouette

C-Dragons

I have read that the bathroom amenities provided to suites have been changing. Could anyone who is currently aboard the Silhouette, or recently sailed, in a suite please tell me what brand and type of bath amenities (gel or bar soap) are now being provided? TIA.

As of a couple weeks ago the amenities were private labeled products. Thus you have no idea of the manufacturer. X has always provided bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower body wash/gel along with an emery board and 2 really awful q-tips.

In May we had Bulgari products...lotion, shampoo, bath gel...only the bar soap was Celebrity brand.

During the Online chat with the Celebrity CEO in July, she noted that Bulgari is phasing out, just using remaining supply till it's gone.

My TA crossing on Connie in April, there was no Bulgari anymore. It was the same stuff that every other cabin gets, the private label, as prior poster noted, but I THINK they may be LARGER tubes of the gel, shampoo, conditioner etc. than standard cabins get, but the same stuff inside them.

Bulgari was quite nice. I can understand that companies look for the best deal and ready supply, but I believe that Suites should receive a premium product. They certainly pay enough, especially CS and higher.

Bulgari was quite nice. I can understand that companies look for the best deal and ready supply, but I believe that Suites should receive a premium product. They certainly pay enough, especially CS and higher.

I agree. We were on the Summit in May and had the Bulgari products.

Guess it's back to hauling our own again. Ugh.

Sigh, what's next? Fresh squeezed OJ? No cotton balls? Baked Alaska?

Seriously, we own an Inn, G&S is ok, but it's pretty "cheap" stuff. Can't they offer a premium product in suites? I already carry shampoo and conditioner, I really don't want to carry bath gel, lotion and soap. This is disappointing. I may actually ask for better products from the spa. we'll see how that goes.

There is really no reason that shouldn't have selected a new premium product before they ever ran out of the "old" stuff, but to wait this long is just UGH. If I check into a normal room at the Marriott, I am totally fine with the Bed Bath and Beyond stuff they use. If I'm at a Courtyard, bring on the Paul Mitchel, but when I am at the Ritz, I expect nice products.

Just another one of those listed suite benefits that isn't being done that would be pretty easy to do. Come on, wake up, we've already cancelled more than 5 cruises because we just didn't see the value vs other ways we can spend our vacation time. We want to like you Celebrity, it's where we're comfortable. Don't give us more reasons to cancel the rest!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Those in Suites need to record their dissatisfaction with the G&S products and request a premium product on their evaluation. Might also contact Celebrity directly. Suite passengers are the priority and a large number of comments will most likely result in a change to a premium product.

Yes, agree that the Bulgari products can be nice and we enjoyed them very much in our Celebrity Suite on the Solstice. The biggest plus to a Celebrity Suite is its added room, comfort. Is it always worth it? That depends on where you are sailing, how long and what pricings are being offered when you book. Lots of options!! Only so much budget!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 122,417 views for this posting.

Did you ever read the small print on the bathroom amenities? You'll find that many of these, no matter what the brand, mostly come from the same place, companies such as Marietta who package everything from the high end brands in suites to stuff in the Super 8. As the fanciest hotels usually use their own brand on the soaps, shampoo, etc., you have to assume that a Celebrity branded product comes from the same place or similar as the brand it replaced. What they're saving money on is the cost of the brand name.

I really enjoy the Bulgari products, and would love to see it return again. But if not...at least in it's place, have a high-end product line utilized. Agraria is what Bellagio in Las Vegas uses, and it's very nice.

Yes, I hope X will return high end bath amenities to the suites, but don't think it will happen before our next cruises.

It would be nice if X would take your suggestion, Karyn. :)

When I pay suite prices, I expect enhanced amenities. Have enjoyed the Bulgari products twice. If I find standard stuff in my next suite, that will be my last suite booking. Standard stuff is not modern luxury, it's foolish cost cutting by the bean counters.

Completely agree with you! It's the "little" that make a difference...and bath amenities are one of them.[emoji5]️

Did you ever read the small print on the bathroom amenities? You'll find that many of these, no matter what the brand, mostly come from the same place, companies such as Marietta who package everything from the high end brands in suites to stuff in the Super 8. As the fanciest hotels usually use their own brand on the soaps, shampoo, etc., you have to assume that a Celebrity branded product comes from the same place or similar as the brand it replaced. What they're saving money on is the cost of the brand name.

Might be true in some cases, but I doubt they could pass off G&S as Bulgari. They might fool me, but certainly not my DW.

Are they still selling bulgari products in the perfume shop? I wonder if it is a request we should make to the Michael's Concierge when they notify us prior to boarding.

It would be a pain to do that, and I agree that the regular stuff is not 'modern luxury' or suite worthy, but worth a try.

I will also comment on my comment card / email also after our New Years cruises on Silhouette. X should bring this back just as the chocolates came back.

This is only true to a point and could be said about cosmetics as well. There are toiletries made in China, and there are toiletries made in the U.S. and Europe just by the ingredients, you can tell,they're far from the same.

Here is a small sample, Tell me how all of these are the same? Extra credit and a gift to someone who can name the hotel where they all came from (and I have a LOT more where these came from).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Originals: Czech Republic

b4736a350fad3cc104f698169c732032.jpg

2b7fbf655831fbdbccad9237ed5d3320.jpg

USA

dcd6b8ea1f580a174233cae874fff660.jpg

765b9a65a55b502a5e26004e964864e2.jpg

China

53348e83c41ee9ec655d2a6217eaedfd.jpg183a519ad3c81b2a6cd8c5acbf1137bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Edited by need2bespoiled