Door decorating

volmoma

Been on several cruise lines...one question, is there door decorating on the Regal Princess?? Our grand daughter, 8 years old, will be traveling with us and wanted to make sure this was allowed. She really enjoys helping in the decorating process...TY in advance.

Been on several cruise lines...one question, is there door decorating on the Regal Princess?? Our grand daughter, 8 years old, will be traveling with us and wanted to make sure this was allowed. She really enjoys helping in the decorating process...TY in advance.

I've seen several decorated doors on Princess. I don't mind it, but I wouldn't use the luggage space myself. You will be fine as long as nothing permanent is done (i.e. don't hand her a crayon - LOL).

I know the ins and outs, nothing that damages door....we always use poster putty, command strips r magnets. Just curious if cruisers on Regal decorate, not every door but one here and there to where we don't feel out of place or looked at like the Cretans of the cruise ship, have never cruised Princess. It will be the week before Christmas and wanted to have it be something special for her. She doesn't know we're cruising with her. LOL

We have been on several Princess ships and all had doors decorated. My wife brings light stuff that takes little space in the suitcase.

Our next cruise is 28 days and over Halloween, so she has two decorations. Neither is much thicker than Flat Stanley

We have been on several Princess ships and all had doors decorated. My wife brings light stuff that takes little space in the suitcase.

Our next cruise is 28 days and over Halloween, so she has two decorations. Neither is much thicker than Flat Stanley

WONDERFUL!!! Door decorating is on!!! [emoji41][emoji267]

I do it all the time so I just don't walk by my cabin. I put up a football poster sometime it goes missing??

Tony

I make up a personalized door sign with my Cruise Critic name, the itinerary ports listed and a map of the itinerary. It doesn't take up any space or weight in the luggage. People sometimes stop to look at it. One cruise it was stolen. Yes, seriously...:(

When we have had the sign and Balloons for

Birthday or Anniversary and when I've put stuff on door

people tell me..Happy you have that there because

it helps them find their room! Always glad to help! LOL

Other cruisers seem to like it, they stop and talk if your

by your door, give you wishes for what your celebrating.

If Holiday decorations they always say they like them.

Enjoy!

Decorating doors (beyond what Princess provides for special occasions noted in your Personalizer) is atypical. But that does not mean that you should not do it if that is what your daughter wants. Just don't plan on touring around the ship to see what all the other passengers have done to their doors because you won't find much.

Do what ever will make you & your granddaughter smile (obliviously causing no damage to the door - I use magnets)

We have sailed Princess multiple times and always decorate our doors as it makes us & others smile :D I usually do whatever the theme of the cruise is as below, this one happened to be our last Hawaii cruise... ENJOY !

_XBVpxzfp6gSD-hr63y1Ag?height=100

I make up a personalized door sign with my Cruise Critic name, the itinerary ports listed and a map of the itinerary. It doesn't take up any space or weight in the luggage. People sometimes stop to look at it. One cruise it was stolen. Yes, seriously...:(

I have to confess I did it. Just kidding. LOL

Tony

I always decorate my door! It's a fun way to prepare for an upcoming cruise. A few paper decorations with magnets don't take up much luggage space- and of course make it easier to find the cabin! For my next cruise to Alaska, I made some signs with the name of each port, and some cutouts of Alaskan wildlife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to put a magnet on the door to help us find the cabin. :D

I always bring a couple and only put up one at a time - something small from the Dollar Store that I don't care if it gets stolen. Sometimes in the kids section of the Dollar Store, they will have sheets of magnets for all the different holidays that you can put up one at a time as you want.

Yes door art. Mine are Welcome for Cruise Critics Party at our PH Suite for our Roll Call or a folder for Pictures I have taken on the day's excursions that I have printed from my camera. All are exciting and most are midship next to the elevator bank so all can walk by and see it.

Edited by Steviewonder1

The last few cruises I put up a 8x11 sign that I made. Helped us find our cabin door more easily. These were holiday cruises and often passengers will put up a wreath decoration or something else that's festive.

On our last cruise, my hubby used magnets to put up maps of our itinerary on the magnetized wall inside the cabin.

Yes, some people do decorate their doors. There was an interesting thread about door decorating a few of years ago. Here's the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868538&highlight=door+sign

Have a great cruise, I'm sure your granddaughter will have a blast.

You will see some, but not as much as on more family oriented lines.

Each cruise I'd say I could count them on one hand, may have to to use a couple of fingers on the other. Never had to take me shoes off to keep count.

I have made a door decoration for all my cruises. I put the decorations in a plastic cover so the chances of stuff getting stolen is lessoned. Sometimes magnets are not strong enough, so command strips are also used by me. It makes it so easy to find your cabin too. If I can make someone smile after they look at the door decorations, then that is even better.