Steak upcharge in Main Dining Room....does it still exist?

The last time I cruised, they offered a better steak in the Main Dining Room for $15. I am cruising next on the Allure. Do they still offer it? If so, what is charge? Is there a VAT tax added for the steak since I'm leaving out of Barcelona?

Still offered, and still about $15. No idea about the VAT.

$16.95 on Brilliance last week, although it was reduced to $11.95 for 2-3 days.

It's a 6 oz filet now...pretty sure it used to be 9 oz.

It was still 9 oz. in early Sept 2015 on the Navigator. Has it really changed? That would be disappointing because it was enough for my husband and I to share along with another entree but 6 oz would not.

It was still 9 oz. in early Sept 2015 on the Navigator. Has it really changed? That would be disappointing because it was enough for my husband and I to share along with another entree but 6 oz would not.

Hopefully not a fleet wide permanent change, but on the Brilliance it was was 6 oz., and even that may have been a stretch! :eek:

My wife can never finish the 9 oz, and she had no problem making her filet disappear...no leftovers for me!;):(:)

Be prepared to wait to place your order while they find someone with a scanner to scan your card. Took 15 min and I never would have let DH hold up the meal if I realized they needed payment in advance! A real pain in the Tosh :(

I'll take the free steak. If I want USDA prime which is what I assume the premium cut is I can grill it at home.

You are assuming wrong. RC does not offer USDA Prime cuts unless you want to go to Chops and pay another 18.00 - 20.00 above the 35.00 upcharge :rolleyes: The Chops filet is not Prime and "better: is subjective IMO.

I got the chops filet on allure 2 weeks ago. 9 oz. Plus 10% Spanish VAT. Can't remember if tip was added or I put it down? Order came as quick as other dinners. [emoji41]

It was not a matter of the Steak not coming to the table in a timely matter... They would not take the order without scanning my card which took a long wait to get the scanner to us. The delay was placing and accepting the order!

Edited by JVilleGal

You are assuming wrong. RC does not offer USDA Prime cuts unless you want to go to Chops and pay another 18.00 - 20.00 above the 35.00 upcharge :rolleyes: The Chops filet is not Prime and "better: is subjective IMO.[/quote

Do you mean the premium selection for that extra fee is not USDA prime?

That's outrageous. The Manhattan strip for no extra fee does say "aged" so I wonder what cut it is.

Looks like I'll stick to the fish. :D

Seriously, sometimes the "free" steak is not bad. However, my success rate was about 50%. I just had too may tough and gristly steaks that I stopped trying.

Seriously, sometimes the "free" steak is not bad. However, my success rate was about 50%. I just had too may tough and gristly steaks that I stopped trying.

This is true. Celebrity had USDA choice for the MDR which was actually pretty good and USDA prime for an extra fee in their speciality restaurants. I will try to find out what cut RCI uses in the MDR.

I had a pretty good steak in the MDR on Princess too BTW.