How's Your Coffee?

We were on VOS in March and they had peppermint tea bags but not in great supply. Struggled to find some in the Windjammer but ok in the promenade cafe.

Tea. Lots of variables there. Perhaps another thread?

When we were on the Voyager earlier this year the Food & Beverage Manager said the coffee was Starbucks. :eek::eek:

Never had a Starbucks coffee. May have to try one in the name of research. Have tried Gloria Jeans but it didn't impress.

I think some of CC members need to take a chill pill. Cruising is like any other activity, sometimes things don't go as planned. Ok, you paid $$$ and expectations are high. If you look at all the good things cruising offers, lots of food, lots of choices, entertainment, cabin serviced twice a day, polite crew, great scenery, making new friends, the list goes on and on. A bad cup of coffee is not going to spoil our cruise. From an unsweetened coffee lover! :D

Many coffee lovers are particular about their coffee and it could make a difference in a cruise where they may have a choice between two cruises and all else is close to equal.

They fact that some cruise lines are responding to complaints shows that it can be another way of gaining points over their competition.

Imagine the complaints if they started serving cheap, crappy wine.

Following that line of reasoning you may as well close CC down

That give me a Sunday snicker over my breakkie LOL

I dont drink coffee but DH does & he wasnt a fan of the speciality coffee on our recent Princess trip. We did have the bev pkg so tried had the "fancy coffee" he said it was like the ugh type coffee you get on US vacations LOL. I tried the hot chocolate as I had heard on the board hot choc was yum but not for me. It was pretty ordinary.

But on the upside OMG all the choc chip cookies constantly available...esp the triple choc. Now they were YUM :D:D

Many coffee lovers are particular about their coffee and it could make a difference in a cruise where they may have a choice between two cruises and all else is close to equal.

They fact that some cruise lines are responding to complaints shows that it can be another way of gaining points over their competition.

Imagine the complaints if they started serving cheap, crappy wine.

They only charge top quality wine prices

That give me a Sunday snicker over my breakkie LOL

I dont drink coffee but DH does & he wasnt a fan of the speciality coffee on our recent Princess trip. We did have the bev pkg so tried had the "fancy coffee" he said it was like the ugh type coffee you get on US vacations LOL. I tried the hot chocolate as I had heard on the board hot choc was yum but not for me. It was pretty ordinary.

But on the upside OMG all the choc chip cookies constantly available...esp the triple choc. Now they were YUM :D:D

I think Aussies are becoming very particular about coffee, I was recently travelling (Europe and the US) and didn't get a decent coffee until we hit Boston in an Italian Café. Part of the issue is the UHT (long life) milk so many of them use.

On Volendam, you had 3 choices of coffee with the buffet..so good. :)

On Princess..the coffee was awful..some caterers blend stuff...:mad:

I am entertaining higher hopes for Celebrity...probably somewhere between the two.:cool:

On Volendam, you had 3 choices of coffee with the buffet..so good. :)

On Princess..the coffee was awful..some caterers blend stuff...:mad:

I am entertaining higher hopes for Celebrity...probably somewhere between the two.:cool:

Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

Sorry to say that IMO, the free coffee on X is worse than Princess, however, the bought coffee on X is better than the bought coffee on Princess.

Over roasted, Over-Extracted, Over priced and Over here!

Starbucks American patron saint, Daddy Warbucks with his selection of four to five buck abominations...

Where is the barf bucket?

A pox on anyone who spends a red cent there...

:( :rolleyes: :eek:

As I posted, it's not like Starbucks normal coffee which I really don't like.

It's not something they make in the shop rather sachets you make at home...or on a cruise where the onboard coffee makes Starbucks look good!

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

Sorry to say that IMO, the free coffee on X is worse than Princess, however, the bought coffee on X is better than the bought coffee on Princess.

We've done two X cruises this year, Millienniem and Infinity. They now have free Lavazza coffee machines that grind real beans and you can serve yourself. It was quite good.

Have just come off RCI Radiance and they are still using the coffee syrup machines, you can't serve yourself, and the coffee is rubbish. I think I lasted 2 cups before switching to green tea. Their paid for coffee is OK. The wife took along her favourite Nescafe Cappacino sachets and got hot milk from the bar (lunchtime) or the porridge serving station (breakfast).

We've done two X cruises this year, Millienniem and Infinity. They now have free Lavazza coffee machines that grind real beans and you can serve yourself. It was quite good.

Have just come off RCI Radiance and they are still using the coffee syrup machines, you can't serve yourself, and the coffee is rubbish. I think I lasted 2 cups before switching to green tea. Their paid for coffee is OK. The wife took along her favourite Nescafe Cappacino sachets and got hot milk from the bar (lunchtime) or the porridge serving station (breakfast).

Thanks for letting us know. When I travel on Explorer in January I think the first thing I pack will be my coffee sachets..

This pleases me to hear. Our prior experiences of a decent brew on X fell short of our expectations even with buying specialty coffees. We are on Millenium over the December end of year break.

We are on Radiance of the Seas. The free coffee is pretty bad. Have not tried the expensive cafe coffee.

Before we boarded I went to Target and bought a cheap plunger ($12) At the Fremantle Markets there was a coffee stall and I was able to talk to the guy who does the roasting. He recommended some beans and ground them for us ($12) We have a jug in the cabin and got some UHT milk with breakfast. So for the price of 2 cups each we have very good coffee.