Luggage delivery time - Anthem

I will be sailing on Anthem soon and it's my first RC cruise. I have seen a few mentions here and there on CC about luggage arrive fairly late the first day. Does anyone have some advice on this topic? I am not accustomed to receiving my bags late, they have always come some time late afternoon leaving me plenty of time to unpack and steam everything and change for dinner. So if the bags will show up late I'd rather be mentally prepared for it. Dinner will be at 8:15 and I'm hoping to get my bags in time to unpack and change first. We're dining at the Grande and although I know it's casual the first night, I'd much rather dress up! Thanks in advance for your advice/experience with this.

The bags are taken off the carts from top to bottom....if yours happens to be on the bottom, it will take longer!

Only once have we had a bag be very late (it arrived WHILE we were at late seating!!!), but all the other cruises, our bags have either beat us to our cabin (once) or shown up right about sailaway time.

You may want to take your "good clothes" and put them in your carry on, if you're doubtful you'll get them in time for dinner. I would bet the bags come sooner than later, tho!

Edited by cb at sea

We pack one carry-on in anticipation of our luggage arriving late in the day. You don't need to be concerned about TSA type rules for carry-ons.

Anyone that thinks they know when your luggage will show up at your door is wrong almost all of the time. I have watched our 4 bags put on a single luggage cart yet show up one by one hours apart. We have arrived at 11:00 AM and our luggage arrive at 2,3,4,5,6,7... We have arrived at 3 PM and our luggage show up an hour later.

You'll never now, just be prepared for an afternoon without your luggage.

Edited by steveru621

I will be sailing on Anthem soon and it's my first RC cruise. I have seen a few mentions here and there on CC about luggage arrive fairly late the first day. Does anyone have some advice on this topic? I am not accustomed to receiving my bags late, they have always come some time late afternoon leaving me plenty of time to unpack and steam everything and change for dinner. So if the bags will show up late I'd rather be mentally prepared for it. Dinner will be at 8:15 and I'm hoping to get my bags in time to unpack and change first. We're dining at the Grande and although I know it's casual the first night, I'd much rather dress up! Thanks in advance for your advice/experience with this.

I have bags delivered any time between waiting for us at the door at 1 when the release the cabins to nearly 6 pm. if your luggage is flagged for suspicious items the you won't get it until you go down and retrieve it yourself after they open it in front of you to manually inspect.

if it is that important that you get fancy, then bring your outfit in your carry on.

It's always luck as to when your luggage gets to your room. We sailed on Quantum last winter and had no problem. We found it more efficient than other ships. You may be able to track your luggage on their app. My cousins were, I wasn't.

Wow thanks for all your input. I guess I'd better take my dinner outfit in a small bag with me. Because yes, it is that important to get fancy! I truly enjoy dressing up on cruises. When else do I get to do that. Cheers all. :)

As long as your luggage will fit through the scanner you can take it onboard with you. We each take a medium size suitcase. When cabins open at 1pm our bags are with us. First thing we do is unpack. No worries about when luggage will arrive. ;)

• 2 weeks later...