Some Adult Only Cruises on NCL

Rebels82

First, I have nothing against children. However, I don't like kids running up and down the halls yelling at all hours, pushing all elevator buttons, being in adult only pools, etc. What are your opinions for NCL having some cruises each year (can be on several different ships) that are adult (21 and above) only?

I find just sailing on non school vacation times on cruises longer than 8 nights eliminates the problem. We have had fewer than 50 children on any cruise that we have been on. Only once have I seen three children behaving badly and that was on a five day cruise.

I think most would think that would be great...but no 2 people would agree on WHEN to do that! Pipe dreams! Our kids are grown and gone...so we simply IGNORE others kids...that's all you can do.

If kids are in "adult only" areas, and it bothers us, we tell them, "Sorry...did you see the sign....kids aren't allowed here"....and if that doesn't work, we get a staff member involved. Usually, pointing out their infraction does the trick.

Edited by cb at sea

The closest adult cruises NCL has are 2 weeks+ and sailing when school is session especially in October, November, December, January and February. Wish there was but it's never going to happen; at least the scheduling and/or length of the trip makes it close to happening, lol.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Other lines are geared towards adults. NCL is a family cruise line. Kids pay the same fare as adults and cost less to feed and entertain. It makes no sense for them to alienate their largest demographic. HAL is working hard to improve their family image because it is such a lucrative target market.

Here is a CC article about finding a more adult experience.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1460

There absolutely are adults only cruises but they are run as charters usually with their own entertainment and higher prices, but it is possible to get that type of cruise.

Alternatively do an itinerary longer than 9 or 10 days and do it during the school year and you get pretty close; any of the kids you will find onboard are likely to be babies/toddlers; certainly not the big roaming gangs of teens.

First, I have nothing against children. However, I don't like kids running up and down the halls yelling at all hours, pushing all elevator buttons, being in adult only pools, etc. What are your opinions for NCL having some cruises each year (can be on several different ships) that are adult (21 and above) only?

First, we've been on several NCL cruises, all at peak times. We've not experienced anything but the elevator thing and kids being in the adult only hot tubs. Second, we cruise with our teen DS so we cruise when school is out. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, spring break and summer.

I suggest maybe you skip those &/or take longer cruises. It wouldn't be lucrative for NCL to have adult only cruises during those peak times on any ship.

First, I do not call NCL a "family cruise line" as it appeals to and recognizes many customer bases. Families? Yes, absolutely. Also, singles, couples, young, old, etc. just call it "a cruise line".

Kids are more prevalent during school times off which can vary all over the US and world. With a little research you can find times that would have the most and least kids on board. Furthermore, the longer the cruise the less kids typically.

I have met some delightful, well mannered kids on my cruises.

I know there are not. I was asking if people would like that option on NCL.
I managed to completely misread that. :o Sorry.

My husband and I have only been on one cruise when our son wasn't born yet, and the rest with him. Our 2nd kid-less cruise is coming up 2 weeks from today. I'll have to report back when I return. I'm so focused on my family on the other cruises, that I've never really imagined it. :p

I have to agree. I have been amazed at how well kids have been on the cruises I have taken. Perhaps it is all the activities, or I have been very lucky, but even on a New Years cruise on the Epic, filled with kids, I really walked away with a good impression of this generation.

I've been on an adult cruise, and didn't really notice the difference. But, I don't settle next to the pool and I accept kids will be kids.

Disclosure: no kids, never wanted kids, and am amazed by those that do.

No I wouldn't be interested in adult only cruises, I've found plenty of adults who act worse than kids so I think it's better to just take it all in stride.

You're right. Adults sneeze on the buffet, smoke on their balconies, remove their DSC, hog lounge chairs, make noise late at night , drink too much, and miss the boat leaving port.

Let's have some kids only cruises!!!

;)

No I wouldn't be interested in adult only cruises, I've found plenty of adults who act worse than kids so I think it's better to just take it all in stride.

Kids on cruises are hardly the problem. It is often the parents who do not discipline their precious "little darlings" when need be!

First, I do not call NCL a "family cruise line" as it appeals to and recognizes many customer bases. Families? Yes, absolutely. Also, singles, couples, young, old, etc. just call it "a cruise line".

Kids are more prevalent during school times off which can vary all over the US and world. With a little research you can find times that would have the most and least kids on board. Furthermore, the longer the cruise the less kids typically.

I was going to say something similar, Norwegian appeals to all demographics. I definitely would not call the Norwegian Sky a family cruise ship. That's the one with the free unlimited alcohol.

On our 19 day cruise in April there were 3 well behaved children, very young, not noticed. As stated previously, taking a long cruise during school times almost assures very few children, can't see having an adults only cruise.

Kids on cruises are hardly the problem. It is often the parents who do not discipline their precious "little darlings" when need be!

Agree! We spent a fortune to be in the haven, there were at least 8 kids there, split between three separate groups of parents. All related. The parents were as bad, or worse than, their kids. I would never spend that kind of money to stay in the Haven again. Even staff was complaining......

Nope. No desire for that to happen. On any ship at any time you see people behaving badly no matter the age. You also see people behaving politely.

If you want a adults only experience there are lots of all inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean.

I would positively LOVE an adults only cruise! I would pay extra for it, as we pay extra for adults only areas on Princess and NCL. Anything to get away from the kids. Sure many of them are well behaved but it only takes a bunch of them to get into the hot tubs or decide to spend the entire day dive bombing into the pool where I'm trying to relax to make me wanna scream. Pool attendants are generally useless in these cases. Great idea, maybe someday some cruise line will try it.

Oh, an adult-only cruise sounds FANTASTIC! I've been on 2 NCL cruises and had 2 very different experiences. While some folks claim that kids aren't the problem, it was a very stark difference in my experience.

NCL Dawn -- sailed mid-October, school in session. Hardly any kids onboard, most entertainment was geared at the 21+ crowds. The kids club wasn't very active, so that allowed more staff to host additional activities for adults. We had an absolute blast, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

NCL Gem -- sailed mid-July, peak vacation time. Never. AGAIN. The crew was fabulous, and everything within NCL's control was fine. But, there were children...lots and lots of children from babies up to teenagers. It's quite frustrating getting on an elevator on Deck 4 (where we were), going to Deck 13, and then having a bunch of teenagers hop on at Deck 7, push every button, and jump back out! The little ones weren't so bad (a little noisy, but I can deal); it was the teens who were obnoxious. Their parents gave them run of the ship, and they pushed every boundary they could. Kids at adult entertainment when it was posted "adults only," kids at the bars, kids in the adult pool, kids EVERYWHERE.

I accept that it was my own stupid fault for booking then, but as my birthday is in July, it seemed like a good idea at the time. For my next sailing, I intentionally booked AFTER the holidays, when kids will be in school again, and hopefully, we will have a more adult crowd.

The tricky part is I like to travel with my sister, who is in college, so there's a very slim window of "good times" to go. I'd love and adult-only option sometime in the summer when most families vacation anyway. Might be interesting to see if there would be enough interest to have NCL do an experimental voyage.

Edited by BensonFan711

I started this thread (question) to see how much interest there would be in an adult only cruise just a very few times/year. I am Platinum on NCL so I love the line....I have heard people say they would love an adult only week so I was just seeing what people thought.

I love cruising and I love being a teacher. I can't afford the upscale lines that attract non family cruisers. And I can't take a week off in October or March. There ARE cruises in the summer that are longer than 7 days I could try, but I just want a cruise to go to a beach and do pretty much nothing. Not interested in running myself ragged on a port intensive Europe adventure or, God forbid, going to Alaska. I live in MA and have seen enough snow to last me for the rest of my life. Just ONE WEEK in the summer on SOME cruise line going to Bermuda or the Caribbean?