Top complaints we hear constantly

F27TW

You do learn a lot from some of the complaints. People do come up with solutions and information, and I have learnt heaps along the way.

Sometimes coming in and having a say can give you some ideas about getting over it.

I was annoyed by people nearby in the MDR wearing flip flops, shorts and singlets. I came on here and people told me that it was not my issue. The host allows people to be dressed to what ever standard the host agrees to, and it is not my business. I had a think about it and realised it was not my problem. People at my table were dressed nicely and enjoying themselves and that was all that mattered :)

Entitled upper tier C&A members.

Crowded DL and CL

Suite benefits or lack thereof

Useless future cruise certificate

Moving to a class system

Adding additional cabins

Dynamic Dining

CATS

Fake service dogs

Etc, etc, etc.....

***The Diamond/Diamond+ Darlings*** who always feel they are not valued enough for their contribution to revenue. They love to complain and moan about their diminishing perks. Love the ones who think they are "Royalty", especially on these boards. I wonder if these lovely individuals will ever learn that you can't complain your way to happiness [emoji6]

You don't ever hear about Gold, Platinum, Emerald or Pinnacle members complaining like this group of whiners. You always know they are Diamond/Diamond + because that is how they start every post - "We are Diamond/+......"

It seems for some reaching this level of achievement is their life's dedication and their greatest accomplishment.

Edited by CaribSailor

Fake sales.

MDR not open on embarkation day.

Long lines at Customs.

Cats.

Quantum & Anthem, and eventually the Ovation.

Moving new ships to China.

Weather, as though RCL and any other cruise lines have the ability to control this unusual phenomena.

Too little compensation, if anything goes wrong.

Chair hogs.

Drink prices.

Internet pricing.

People complaining about the griping from D, D+ & Pinnacles and jealous that they are not at that level and simply accept their lowly levels--most of all, they would be griping once they reach that level. LOL

Finally, people, for some reason, who complain about everything and anything.

***The Diamond/Diamond+ Darlings*** who always feel they are not valued enough for their contribution to revenue. They love to complain and moan about their diminishing perks. Love the ones who think they are "Royalty", especially on these boards. I wonder if these lovely individuals will ever learn that you can't complain your way to happiness [emoji6]

You don't ever hear about Gold, Platinum, Emerald or Pinnacle members complaining like this group of whiners. You always know they are Diamond/Diamond + because that is how they start every post - "We are Diamond/+......"

It seems for some reaching this level of achievement is their life's dedication and their greatest accomplishment.

Oh I forgot.. You will hear Diamond/Diamond+ members complain about:

"I can't believe the concierge didn't remember me from 10 cruises ago"

"Where are my crystal blocks"

"I can't believe they tried to bring someone who is not part of our club into our lounge"

"Why haven't they named a ship after me yet?"

"Shouldn't I be recognized as soon as I board the ship with a parade"

"Shouldn't the captain visit me in my stateroom for my personal requests each day"

"When are they going to add windows to my stateroom?"

"What do you mean I just can't take the whole bottle of booze from the lounge back to my cabin?"

"You mean to tell me my diamond pin won't get me out of a speeding ticket?"

"Aren't we supposed to get Michael Bayley's cell phone number to provide him feedback directly?"

"I thought my Diamond discount gave me a discount at Diamonds International?"

Edited by CaribSailor

We hear a lot of complaints about the food also. Personally, I like almost everything on the menu. Both the MDR and the Windjammer. :D

Ive never had a problem with the meals .. true, theyre not 4 star, but I never get to eat in 4 star restaurants anyway!

Always left the MDR (and even the WJ) full and happy .. maybe I'm easygoing when I'm on vaca!

Edited by F27TW

Oh I forgot.. You will hear Diamond/Diamond+ members complain about:

"I can't believe the concierge didn't remember me from 10 cruises ago"

"Where are my crystal blocks"

"I can't believe they tried to bring someone who is not part of our club into our lounge"

"Why haven't they named a ship after me yet?"

"Shouldn't I be recognized as soon as I board the ship with a parade"

"Shouldn't the captain visit me in my stateroom for my personal requests each day"

"When are they going to add windows to my stateroom?"

"What do you mean I just can't take the whole bottle of booze from the lounge back to my cabin?"

"You mean to tell me my diamond pin won't get me out of a speeding ticket?"

"Aren't we supposed to get Michael Bayley's cell phone number to provide him feedback directly?"

"I thought my Diamond discount gave me a discount at Diamonds International?"

LMAO!! we met someone just like this on our Ench. cruise this past year .. and we got away from her as soon as we could .. SO obnoxious!!

Ive never had a problem with the meals .. true, theyre not 4 star, but I never get to eat in 4 star restaurants anyway!

Always left the MDR (and even the WJ) full and happy .. maybe I'm easygoing when I'm on vaca!

Two Thumbs Up. :)

This whole topic puzzles me. Most people are not great cooks. What is it that people eat when they are home? :confused:

You do learn a lot from some of the complaints. People do come up with solutions and information, and I have learnt heaps along the way.

Sometimes coming in and having a say can give you some ideas about getting over it.

I was annoyed by people nearby in the MDR wearing flip flops, shorts and singlets. I came on here and people told me that it was not my issue. The host allows people to be dressed to what ever standard the host agrees to, and it is not my business. I had a think about it and realised it was not my problem. People at my table were dressed nicely and enjoying themselves and that was all that mattered :)

"SINGLETS"! My best morning laugh in a long time! Thanks! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't come up very often, but one of the funniest threads I remember was someone complaining about those who show up at the pool or even in Windjammer wearing their Royal Caribbean bathrobe. Apparently that really bothered a few people, but the responses and creative suggestions for wearing the bathrobes were great.

What's are singlets?

Just making sure I dont wear them.

Thanks

What's are singlets?

Thanks

The outfit wrestlers wear. Think of the yellow one in the Borat movie. Nasty

What's are singlets?

Thanks

The outfit wrestlers wear. Think of the yellow one in the Borat movie. Nasty

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee

Kinda like "wifebeaters"

:eek:

It doesn't come up very often, but one of the funniest threads I remember was someone complaining about those who show up at the pool or even in Windjammer wearing their Royal Caribbean bathrobe. Apparently that really bothered a few people, but the responses and creative suggestions for wearing the bathrobes were great.

HAHA. My boyfriend will be platinum after our next cruise in October, so when we go with family in February he'll be platinum and the rest of us will be gold. We keep telling him that if he doesn't wear the bathrobe everywhere (even dinner) that we will be quite disappointed in him.

(Yes, we are kidding.)

There was a lady who complained that their family cruise in a suite was totally ruined because the cruise line served coke products instead of pepsi or maybe it was pepsi instead of coke. Anyway, the cruise line 'owed' them compensation for not informing them prior to booking that their favorite soft drinks were not available on board. Totally ruined the cruise. It's difficult to quantify my level of sympathy.

Two Thumbs Up. :)

This whole topic puzzles me. Most people are not great cooks. What is it that people eat when they are home? :confused:

For us it's not a comparison between RCCL's food and what we eat at home. It's a comparison between RCCL's food now versus what it was a few years ago. In our opinion, it's gone downhill.

Edited by time4u2go

For those still confused, a "singlet" is known in the USA as a tank top.

Glad you cleared that up. I for one was looking forward to seeing someone in the MDR in a wrestling singlet though....now that's after-dinner entertainment!