Inside Cabins Sleeping Partners

kandj05

This may sound like a silly question but it is one of the main reasons we do not choose an inside cabin.

My husband sleeps a couple hours later than I do. At home when I wake up, it's easy. I just go out to the living room. It doesn't matter what I look like before I shower...😨. Taking a shower and then leaving the room is not likely because I will wake him up.

So, how do you handle it when your spouse sleeps layer than you and going out on the balcony in your robe is not an option?

I am a very early riser also. I do many things while hubby is sleeping.

Lido deck for coffee.....so many early risers sitting up there. Have met many people over the years.

Photo Opts.

Watching the sun rise.

Reading on the lido deck.

Go to the gym at 6...or when it opens

Stroll around the ship

I truly LOVE this time of day and time to myself. At 8am, I would go back to the cabin, shower and wake hubby up....and together go for breakfast. :)

Sleep in something you can also walk around the ship in (leggings, sweats, etc.). Before you go to bed the night before pack a little tote bag with whatever you need in the morning to get ready. When you wake up pick up your tote and go to the gym/spa area of the ship to shower and get dressed.

This may sound like a silly question but it is one of the main reasons we do not choose an inside cabin.

My husband sleeps a couple hours later than I do. At home when I wake up, it's easy. I just go out to the living room. It doesn't matter what I look like before I shower...😨. Taking a shower and then leaving the room is not likely because I will wake him up.

So, how do you handle it when your spouse sleeps layer than you and going out on the balcony in your robe is not an option?

I set my workout clothes the night before, slip them on and hit the track or gym. Nobody cares what you look like on the track or gym.

I set my workout clothes the night before, slip them on and hit the track or gym. Nobody cares what you look like on the track or gym.

That is what my DH does, too.

I'd further the sentiment to note that solong as one is clothed, nobody much cares how one looks getting that first cup of coffee either.

I am a very early riser also. I do many things while hubby is sleeping.

Lido deck for coffee.....so many early risers sitting up there. Have met many people over the years.

Photo Opts.

Watching the sun rise.

Reading on the lido deck.

Go to the gym at 6...or when it opens

Stroll around the ship

I truly LOVE this time of day and time to myself. At 8am, I would go back to the cabin, shower and wake hubby up....and together go for breakfast. :)

Thats me when the wife and daughter sleep in. Bug out and enjoy the ship, read a book, walk the outdoor promenade, get coffee, etc. Love the ship in the morning before things get busy. No one cares if you haven't showered or got all dressed up:D

Thats me when the wife and daughter sleep in. Bug out and enjoy the ship, read a book, walk the outdoor promenade, get coffee, etc. Love the ship in the morning before things get busy. No one cares if you haven't showered or got all dressed up:D

Yup...we all look yucky together!!!! :D

I sleep in a pair of comfy shorts and t-shirt. I keep a special bag with what I'll need by the door. I slip into the first public restroom, brush my teeth with my supplies in my extra bag. I brush through my hair, put on a little blush and mascara and head to get some coffee and juice with my book or magazine and the daily compass. I might even have a small pastry while I watch the rest of the early risers stroll by to get their coffee. I have a bit of a walk out on the deck too. It's turned out to be time I enjoy. :)

I'm also a very early riser, and DH typically sleep for a few more hours. I lay out my clothes in advance, and duck out of the cabin and head out for coffee, a stroll, a quiet place to read, enjoy the "me time" before everyone is up and taking over the ship. By the time DH is up, I've already enjoyed a very lovely time of day with other early risers. It's really my favorite time on a ship, balcony or not.

We book whatever type of cabin we feel is the better deal and/or most comfortable for the itinerary and length of cruise.

We loved the GS we had on our last cruise [first full suite] and look forward to our next cruise that will be in an inside cabin.

We use the ship differently when we are in an inside cabin. I am the early riser and usually go to the Solarium [if they are indoor] for a cup of coffee and to read my Kindle until DH gets up. At other times we sit out on the Promenade deck [below the life boats]. It is mostly empty and we consider it our balcony.

PS--two of our favorite cruises were in an inside cabin. [Alaska and Panama Canal]

Have fun on your next cruise.

DH gets up, puts on his workout clothes then hits the gym. showering and primping not necessary. on his way back he swings by Promenade or park cafe and snags 2 cups of coffee and a plate full of small danish. by then I have usually gotten up and showered. so he gets to shower while I enjoy coffee and danish on the balcony.

My husband sleeps about 4 hours longer than I do. He's always been a nightowl and will sleep until 1 - 2pm unless I wake him up (which I do).

My routine on board the ship depends on what I want to do that morning. Some mornings I just stay in bed and read a book on my ipad. Some mornings I get dressed and go for a walk. Some mornings I get dressed and go to one of the morning activities or lectures.

Around 10 - 10:30 I wake him up for late breakfast.

He uses a cpap when he sleeps, so the white noise helps me when I get up: I don't have to be that quiet.

One of my 365 days a year things I do, no matter where I am, is to listen to music in the morning. Some people need coffee; I need Pandora. At home the office is on the opposite side of the house, so I don't have to use headphones. On a ship, I put earbuds on and listen to music on my ipad.

I shower just before dinner. So in the morning, I can get up, brush my teeth and wash my face and start the day.

I don't think it's necessary to tip toe around.

I may hang out and read on my tablet if I think the others will be waking up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bring a small light (the ones you can push on or off for like a closet) that way we don't have to turn the big light on. Might not be good enough for taking a shower but does the trick of not making the cabin so bright. It also helps for potty time in the middle of the night.

Thank you all for sharing your great ideas when your spouse or significant other sleeps later than you do. My husband is a light sleeper so he does not like me in the same room using my tablet or any other lighted instrument. I did not know that people were leaving their rooms with their hair looking like morning hair... Lol. I guess I will be joining you on the next time we are in an ocean view room.

Thank you all for sharing your great ideas when your spouse or significant other sleeps later than you do. My husband is a light sleeper so he does not like me in the same room using my tablet or any other lighted instrument. I did not know that people were leaving their rooms with their hair looking like morning hair... Lol. I guess I will be joining you on the next time we are in an ocean view room.

Not even something like an e-ink Kindle? Those don't light up a room like an ipad...

Anyway, it's all about preparing the night before. :)

We will all be up on the lido deck, with our coffee and "Bed Head"...lol. We will see you there!!!! :):):)

Sounds like a good solution would be connecting staterooms.

Edited by clarea

I believe my DH and I take unintentional turns getting up early. First up grabs coffee and tea and some small danish or pastry and is found reading on the balcony. I bring our travel mugs with handles to make this easier.

My favorite time of day on the ship, so quiet and peaceful. I love greeting the other early risers. And I can't remember ever thinking about how they look in the morning. As long as you're dressed it's cool.

I'm sorry, totally not an inside cabin answer. I haven't had the pleasure of cruising in an inside yet.

Edited by wants2cruise2

and some earplugs?

A well-fitting eye shade will block nearly all of the light and the earplugs should help with all but the loudest noises.

My husband and I both use sleep masks, and I use foam earplugs. It's amazing how the quality of your sleep improves with these two additions to your bedtime "attire". :D These are VERY helpful for getting to sleep quickly, and for staying asleep.

My mask is the molded one from Amazon.

I sleep in a pair of comfy shorts and t-shirt. I keep a special bag with what I'll need by the door. I slip into the first public restroom, brush my teeth with my supplies in my extra bag. I brush through my hair, put on a little blush and mascara and head to get some coffee and juice with my book or magazine and the daily compass. I might even have a small pastry while I watch the rest of the early risers stroll by to get their coffee. I have a bit of a walk out on the deck too. It's turned out to be time I enjoy. :)

Wow! You leave the room to brush your teeth to not wake up your husband? That's crazy. I'm the late sleeper and as long as lights aren't being flung on or lots of noise, it's fine. I can't imagine telling my husband he needs to brush his teeth or use the bathroom outside of the room so I can sleep.

Wow! You leave the room to brush your teeth to not wake up your husband? That's crazy. I'm the late sleeper and as long as lights aren't being flung on or lots of noise, it's fine. I can't imagine telling my husband he needs to brush his teeth or use the bathroom outside of the room so I can sleep.

My morning routine at home, or anywhere, is also to keep my noise level to an absolute minimum, since my husband goes to bed sometimes at 3am. He's a nightime shop projects kind of guy, and I never know what time he goes to bed. So, I just developed the habits so he can sleep in the mornings. It's just consideration for my spouse. He does the same for me when he comes to bed in the wee hours.

Edited by pcur